Be'lakor  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Be'lakor
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #376 (permalink)
fifthwinter

We have been having a sale recently, so prices are a bit cheaper right now.
But we only have size medium hoodies left... and I think one size XL. What size would you be after?
We do have plans to get a new, on-demand merch store set up within the next week or two.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #377 (permalink)
Furious George
Jeremy's Iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneasy_Conscience View Post
i want to buy some merch but have observed that the prices are very very high!! 60 for a hoodie...im poor, guys! haaha
The main problem at the moment is how strong the Australian dollar is. It costs us about $25 to package up and mail out a large hoodie overseas. When the AUD was around 60-70 US cents this wasn't a problem, but now that it's ~$1.06 it's really causing us grief. As Steve mentioned, we're hoping to have a new store up and running soon that will ship out of the US, so this should result in significant discounts for international orders
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 14th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #378 (permalink)
Furious George
Jeremy's Iron

http://www.thelocal.se/7650/

Only in Sweden

Man gets sick benefits for heavy metal addiction

A Swedish heavy metal fan has had his musical preferences officially classified as a disability. The results of a psychological analysis enable the metal lover to supplement his income with state benefits.

* Swedish woman beats up groper - goes free (8 Jul 11)
* Council targets rowdy revellers with lollipops (1 Jul 11)
* Swedish teens targeted in Lund flasher attacks (30 Jun 11)

Roger Tullgren, 42, from Hässleholm in southern Sweden has just started working part time as a dishwasher at a local restaurant.

Because heavy metal dominates so many aspects of his life, the Employment Service has agreed to pay part of Tullgren's salary. His new boss meanwhile has given him a special dispensation to play loud music at work.

"I have been trying for ten years to get this classified as a handicap," Tullgren told The Local.

"I spoke to three psychologists and they finally agreed that I needed this to avoid being discriminated against."

Roger Tullgren first developed an interest in heavy metal when his older brother came home with a Black Sabbath album in 1971.

Since then little else has mattered for the 42-year-old, who has long black hair, a collection of tattoos and wears skull and crossbones jewelry.

The ageing rocker claims to have attended almost three hundred shows last year, often skipping work in the process.

Eventually his last employer tired of his absences and Tullgren was left jobless and reliant on welfare handouts.

But his sessions with the occupational psychologists led to a solution of sorts: Tullgren signed a piece of paper on which his heavy metal lifestyle was classified as a disability, an assessment that entitles him to a wage supplement from the job centre.

"I signed a form saying: 'Roger feels compelled to show his heavy metal style. This puts him in a difficult situation on the labour market. Therefore he needs extra financial help'. So now I can turn up at a job interview dressed in my normal clothes and just hand the interviewers this piece of paper," he said.

The manager at his new workplace allows him to go to concerts as long as he makes up for lost time at a later point. He is also allowed to dress as he likes and listen to heavy metal while washing up.

"But not too loud when there are guests," he said.

The Local spoke to an occupational psychologist in Stockolm, who admitted to being baffled by the decision.

"I think it's extremely strange. Unless there is an underlying diagnosis it is absolutely unbelievable that the job centre would pay pay out.

"If somebody has a gambling addiction, we don't send them down to the racetrack. We try to cure the addiction, not encourage it," he said.

Henrietta Stein, deputy employment director for the Skåne region, is also puzzled by the move; "an interest in music" is not usually sufficient to qualify for wage benefits.

"Certain cases are confidential but in general there is always a medical reason that is well-documented," she said.

Tullgren currently plays bass and guitar in two rock bands and says that he tends to get a lot of positive reactions for daring to be himself.

"Some might say that I should grow up and learn to listen to other types of music but I can't. Heavy metal is my lifestyle," he said
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #379 (permalink)
Blizk

Spotted a Be'lakor t-shirt at Tuska Open Air. It was worn by a foreigner though
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:09 AM   #380 (permalink)
fifthwinter

Good to hear... a foreigner from where? (it sounds like you stopped and talked?)
How was the festival?
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #381 (permalink)
Blizk

Didn't ask him where he was from, but he didn't speak English as his native and looked middle-aged. He saw your show last year in Essex. Maybe he has an account here?

Tuska was very cool (not literally, the weather was hot!) despite the new industrial environment. There was also an additional 4th stage compared to last year.
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #382 (permalink)
Gazza

i've finished up the chemotherapy. the cancer was destroyed

start radiotherapy today. bring it!
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #383 (permalink)
Willow of oz
Enter custom user title:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
i've finished up the chemotherapy. the cancer was destroyed

start radiotherapy today. bring it!
Awesome !
Old November 13th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #384 (permalink)
metalie
awesome member

So, what were George, Steve and Shaun doing in Arnold Street on Sunday night? *stal'kor*
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:59 AM   #385 (permalink)
Gazza

i'm leave to go rampaging across Scandinavia next Wednesday.

need some time away after slaughtering cancer