Beseech  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > UM Forums > Unofficial / Extra / Archived Forums > Beseech
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 16th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mathiasdarkend

LOGO Evanescence Rip Off

What the fuck?!! Why the hall can't beseech do anything on thier own? Why rip off an american bands logo? thats just bullshit. Look here at this link - http://stores.musictoday.com/store/b...ium/E2CT01.jpg

You fucking assholes, grow up!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
hein666hein

You looser !!!

Okey, they both have circels of around the logo, but for me it does not looks that similar??
Seen many other logos, also with circular symbols.... besides, Evenescence does not use the circular as on the pic you showed (look at their cover of the album, homepage etc), so before you say something please know the facts before you talking about things...

Last edited by hein666hein : February 17th, 2004 at 11:24 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 17th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elegant_Torture

Oh boo hoo.

I don't think it was their intention to "rip off an American band's logo". The Swedes make superior rock/metal anyways. Evanescence certainly didn't invent the half-circles, and I hardly see them use that design. There is a general similarity between the logos, but nothing to get your balls in a knot over.

Get over it, ya dismal fuck, and have a lovely day
Old February 19th, 2004, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
BalanceofPower
My god,it's full of stars

Falconer uses half circles around their logo I guess Beseech ripped them off too huh?
Old September 26th, 2004, 01:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
tappingthevein

hey lets talk about the whole reality of evanescence ripping off lacuna coil then.
Old September 26th, 2004, 05:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Clairejamin
Silence is Deafening

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tappingthevein
hey lets talk about the whole reality of evanescence ripping off lacuna coil then.

I've been moaning about that for over a year. I know EXACTLY what you mean. As a bonus though, Lacuna Coil are getting bigger (at least they are in the states anyway... it would be nice if Century Media would let them tour somewhere else, because I think they've been touring there for more than long enough now *jealousy strikes*)... so they're finally getting the recognition they deserve and pulling some of the glory from Evanescence. I just hate how people can listen to Evanescence and be like "oh they're so amazing, they're so original" Evanescence = Lacuna Coil + Linkin Park. I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but they used to me mildly original. But noooo... bands have to copy one another's sounds. Original bands these days are so damn rare!

As much as I want Lacuna Coil to get the full recognition they deserve, I think I'll die the day I see teenieboppers everywhere desperately trying to BE Cristina Scabbia. I hate it when you've been into a band for years, sometimes since the very beginning... then suddenly they get big, everybody gets into them and you're just lumped in with the rest of them. I can't quite explain exactly what I mean by that, but I guess I know what I mean, so yeah.
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Green Tea

I personally thought thier old logo was just fine.
Old October 4th, 2004, 07:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hawk-Metal
Dread Knight

If you ask me, nope, it's not a rip-off. The thing is there are too many bands, & they can't develop much new things since mostly all are used by someone.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 01:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
"Jerich"
Tweek Freak Pre amp Snobb

why do we care

a lot of bands copy each other in one way or another....the logo is bland but yet effective...it doesn't bother me at all lets talk about the way Evanescence steals the way Lacuna Coil and Tapping the Vein do thier music that to me is more of a rippppp off...
Old October 25th, 2004, 05:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
h th r
Teh Phen0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairejamin
so they're finally getting the recognition they deserve and pulling some of the glory from Evanescence. I just hate how people can listen to Evanescence and be like "oh they're so amazing, they're so original" Evanescence = Lacuna Coil + Linkin Park. I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but they used to me mildly original. But noooo... bands have to copy one another's sounds. Original bands these days are so damn rare!
That is prime sig material right there

Last edited by h th r : October 25th, 2004 at 05:44 AM.
Old October 26th, 2004, 07:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

You know what's funny? When American music journalists write that "Lacuna Coil did a bad Evanescence impression". Stupid fucks.

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old October 30th, 2004, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Clairejamin
Silence is Deafening

Music journalists completely amaze me sometimes. These people generally just have no clue whatsoever, they give their opinion even though they're probably not even qualified because they don't know jack all about music or the bands they're writing about. Journalists are all giving out their opinions and assuming you aren't clever enough to make your own decisions about the bands you listen to... the sad thing is, a lot of people will go completely on what they say "oh god, they gave this album 2 stars, I'm not buying that"

Journalists hype up Evanescence a hell of a lot, because they're the big thing right now... they write what sells and they'll do pretty much anything to get that money out of your pocket. Aside from that, it's one person's opinion... if you get an Evanescence fan to review a Lacuna Coil album, they're going to praise Evanescence like the second coming of Christ and make out like Lacuna Coil suck. Get a rock journalist to review a rap album and they'll tell you it's crap... and this is what happens.

In an ideal world, we'd have music journalists that actually know what they're talking about, people that actually do a little bit of research into a band before they shoot them down in flames. I stopped paying attention to journalists years ago.