{forumname}  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Borknagar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 13th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #76 (permalink)
Dinka

Oh yes these shows were amazing! I had already seen Agalloch live (love this band!), but it was my 'first time' with Borknagar and Arcturus. WOW. I was in an indulgent mood for Borknagar, I know they rarely play live... But they were just great!
It was a fantastic experience to hear this music and these beautiful voices LIVE! Hard to describe how you feel when you attend a concert of one of your favorite bands ever, when you have thought for such a long time that this day would never come...
And I second Dany, the Borknagar members are very cool and friendly with the fans, that’s greatly appreciable too!
BTW, I must say that Darklorddany and his girlfriend are some of the nicest metalheads I've ever met! They saved the best seat of the venue for me on the last day, and managed to find me in the crowd, and offered me some noodles... Hehe, that was so cool, thanks again.
And yes, I hope to see you soon on FB, Dany
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #77 (permalink)
Black Swan

Hi all! I have to echo those who have already said how amazing Borknagar and Arcturus were. Borknagar was great and I liked them more than I even thought I would. I thought it was a really good setlist too, even though I would have liked a couple more songs from Urd. I didn't think they'd play Frostrite and that was possibly the highlight of the set for me. I talked to Jens for a few minutes and he was very nice.

And Arcturus was just beyond anything I could have imagined. Maybe the best way to put it is that I feel changed after having seen them live. I wouldn't trade those 90 minutes for anything.

Hearing Simen's vocals live was quite an experience.

I also did a lot of sight seeing and really loved Oslo.

Thanks again to everyone who's been so nice to the black metal newbie on this forum. I wish I had posted here and tried to make plans to meet up with some others on the forum, but I'll have to admit that I was more than a little concerned that something would happen at the last minute and Arcturus wouldn't perform. Not very rational, but somehow I thought that it was better to just stay quiet about the whole trip.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #78 (permalink)
Devourer
Traveller

Seems he can't handle the double bass of Dave just yet. He has time to learn though
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #79 (permalink)
Allfader
Kvelding

FUCK! Sounds terrific!!! Lars sounds just flawless!
Teke meg i Fange»

Forestfather in Bandcamp - Listen the new Forestfather MCD 'Hereafter'! Atmospheric post/black metal
Forestfather in Facebook

Vahşet in ReverbNation - Death metal
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #80 (permalink)
gaz
Stargazer

Sounds almost unlistenable, way too much distortion.
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #81 (permalink)
Helge-Uwe

the sound during Epochalypse was quite shitty but got always a bit better constantly. or was that the beer?

Last edited by Helge-Uwe : April 20th, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:42 AM   #82 (permalink)
Black Swan

I thought the sound did get better during Epochalypse. After that I thought the whole show sounded pretty good, or maybe I just got used to it. I was right in front of the sound board so maybe that helped.
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #83 (permalink)
Darklorddany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devourer View Post

Seems he can't handle the double bass of Dave just yet. He has time to learn though
That's sad. I just have reached home 3 hours ago and the first thing I'm doing is reading all the post :P and now Im listening my recordings....

If all of you think the video above is bad.... I have bad news, my recordings sounds worst :'( and my f****g shitty cam works pretty bad on low light conditions, plus, the movie looks pretty blur a lot of times.

Not sure if will worth to upload these videos to youtube.
Thats too bad :'(
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #84 (permalink)
Helge-Uwe

frostrite comin' very soon
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #85 (permalink)
Darklorddany

Hello guys!

Sorry for the bad quality (I have said my camera sucks? :P), hope you like it.

Old April 26th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #86 (permalink)
Darklorddany

The second song from the gig at Volt before the Inferno Festival

Old April 27th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #87 (permalink)
Devourer
Traveller

Last edited by Devourer : April 27th, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #88 (permalink)
Darklorddany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
Cool, it's from their rehearsal at Inferno with only a few people.
Nop, it wasn't a rehearsal, and no, it wasnt at Inferno, it was a gig one day before they played on Inferno which was placed on the Volt Club on Lorenskog.

What's the idea on repost this videos anyway. :P
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #89 (permalink)
Devourer
Traveller

Lol! I posted this withouth reading the last posts. Will delete them haha. Thanks for sharing, pretty cool!
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #90 (permalink)
Darklorddany

The third song

Old April 27th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #91 (permalink)
Black Swan

Wow, these are great - thanks so much for posting them. Even if the sound on the recordings isn't that good, it's still really nice to be able to watch them. I think Ad Noctum sounds a little better than the other two.

You didn't happen to get any Arcturus video did you?
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #92 (permalink)
Darklorddany

Yeah, I have recorded the complete show
And same as Borknagar at Volt, only some seconds from some songs where lost, since I had to change the batteries or the SD memory between songs.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #93 (permalink)
Black Swan

That's awesome. These 3 videos are very nice visually. I don't think I would have had such a steady hand.

Any chance I can convince you to post Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer next? That's a special one for me and I've found video of most of the other songs at least at the Helsinki and Athens shows, but no Shipwrecked.

If you are going in order though I will be patient.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:14 PM   #94 (permalink)
Darklorddany

Sure!, I will upload Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer.
SADLY, the sound is really really bad, the Borknagar videos sounds pretty good if you compare it with my recordings of Arcuturs I was on the second floor and the videos are almost unlistenable when everybody are playing loud. :'(

Anyways, I will upload the video tomorrow.

EDIT: But today, I have uploaded this one!

What a great grim vocals by Andreas, Isn't it?

Last edited by Darklorddany : May 4th, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #95 (permalink)
theoden236
Soul Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklorddany View Post

Gods Of My World
nice vid. despite that, as one of my fave bork songs, it's kindova bummer that there wasn't more involvement vocally from lars and vortex, like if vortex did the cleans on the chorus at the same time andreas did the harshes, that would just be epic.

my one-man extreme metal project

Bandcamp
Facebook
Myspace
Metal-Archives
CDBaby
Amazon
ITunes

Old May 4th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #96 (permalink)
Black Swan

Quote:
Sure!, I will upload Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer.
SADLY, the sound is really really bad, the Borknagar videos sounds pretty good if you compare it with my recordings of Arcuturs I was on the second floor and the videos are almost unlistenable when everybody are playing loud. :'(

Anyways, I will upload the video tomorrow.

EDIT: But today, I have uploaded this one!

Very nice! I really enjoyed this one at Rockefeller. (I probably would have been happy with almost anything from Empiricism though).
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #97 (permalink)
Black Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoden236 View Post
nice vid. despite that, as one of my fave bork songs, it's kindova bummer that there wasn't more involvement vocally from lars and vortex, like if vortex did the cleans on the chorus at the same time andreas did the harshes, that would just be epic.
I remember thinking the same thing about their set as a whole. It was great getting to hear what we did from the 3 vocalists, but I did think that they could have done a little more with that. Maybe it's a case where they'd really need to rehearse a lot more to pull something like that off, and will have to work towards doing more of it in the future. At least we can hope.
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #98 (permalink)
Darklorddany

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoden236 View Post
Well, not really sure, probably is just me, but this song is perfect for Andreas and the best thing they did was letting Andreas sing all the song all alone.

In other songs which were originally performed by Vortex the game was on that way giving us a real epic moments.
e.g. Ruins of the future (Andreas doing the grim and Lars and Vortex the clean at the same time) or Colossus (Vortex the clean and the backing grim by Andreas) I dont know why this song sounds really bad on my recordings :'(, you will see once I upload this song

Well, for now, I will share the link to Shiprwecked
I said on the recordings of Arcturus the sound is pretty worst? :'( SORRY!
I dont think if will worth to upload more videos of Arcturus. (AT least my recordings) since the sound is crap

Old May 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #99 (permalink)
Black Swan

Quote:
I dont think if will worth to upload more videos of Arcturus. (AT least my recordings) since the sound is crap
Thank you thank you thank you thank you, mange takk, and gracias. I know the sound isn't too good, but I still loved to see it. It helps me to kind of put myself back at the show. I would love to see the rest, when you have time, after the Borknagar ones are done. And if you don't want to leave them up forever, I'd be happy with just seeing them once.
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #100 (permalink)
Devourer
Traveller

Quote:
Well, not really sure, probably is just me, but this song is perfect for Andreas and the best thing they did was letting Andreas sing all the song all alone.

In other songs which were originally performed by Vortex the game was on that way giving us a real epic moments.
e.g. Ruins of the future (Andreas doing the grim and Lars and Vortex the clean at the same time) or Colossus (Vortex the clean and the backing grim by Andreas) I dont know why this song sounds really bad on my recordings :'(, you will see once I upload this song

Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer
Despite the quality I still enjoyed it, thanks! It's cool to hear Hellhammer use some alternate drumming here compared to the album version.

Last edited by Devourer : May 5th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.