Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Life > Chat

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #76 (permalink)
addicted-to-chaos

My taste in music is awesome, I regret nothing and I'm not ashamed of anything.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #77 (permalink)
Adam Stryker
Tragic Idol

I regret nothing.

In another realm and another dimension we will meet again, but for now we Rise together.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #78 (permalink)
Johhny Doe

Stuff I'm "forced" to listen to on cheap Rock radios... like Kid Rock, Theory of a Deadman, and those punk ass Brit bands are way worse. I turn the thing off right away when the station starts to loop Punk. Often times I wish to be on my PC to crank some shit up when I turn on the radio.
Old January 20th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #79 (permalink)
Adam Stryker
Tragic Idol

You must live in southeastern USA?

In another realm and another dimension we will meet again, but for now we Rise together.
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #80 (permalink)
nightscream

I know this sounds silly... There isn't music I'm ashamed of listening to. Rather, there is music that I am ashamed for that exists in this world in the first place!!

However, there is some music that I secretly like/love, and just don't share with other for some reason.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 02:36 PM   #81 (permalink)
HibuniaMaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast1981 View Post
I for myself outside of metal i listen to some rock mostly old bands and even pop.

As for pop i like Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel but both are not new and like metal pop was better in the 80's

As for rock i would say Whitesnake,Cutting Crew,Alice cooper,dokken,Led zepplin,deep purple.

I am not ashamed of liking those rock bands more the pop ones.

Try this

Phil collins - I don't care anymore
Phil collins - find a way to my heart
Phil Collins - I can feel it in the air

Cutting crew - (I just) died in your arms

Peter Gabriel - Kiss of life
Peter Gabriel - mercy street
ASHAMED OF "Whitesnake,Cutting Crew,Alice cooper,dokken,Led zepplin,deep purple." you are joking right?
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #82 (permalink)
marjattamusiikki

Amoral. I hate that I love them.

http://www.last.fm/user/marjattamusiikk
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
hexonxonx|

Some J-pop (Utada Hikaru), some corny 80's synthpop, some cheesy symphonic metal...
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #84 (permalink)
mistermurder666

When i'm in the car and am forced against my will to listen to top 40 radio and i actually know the lyrics for whatever reason... then and only then am i ashamed. Although i tried to fit in with the mainsteam crowd when i was like 11 (for whatever reason) i hated the music so i never bothered myself with it again...
Old March 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM   #85 (permalink)
SouthernAbyss
Listener of Metal

I sometimes listen to a 1940's vocal band called The Ink Spots (that i'm not ashamed of) but i'm a bit ashamed that i listen to Korn, but hey, their still one of my favourite bands.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:15 AM   #86 (permalink)
tommythedudedervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara-Shehr View Post
I am ashamed of nothing.
I am likewise not ashamed...but as far as strange shit I listen to... I'll bump some patsy cline every now and then
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #87 (permalink)
darkno

Like someone has said here "im ashamed of nothing".
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #88 (permalink)
AllShallFall

lol before i got into metal i listened to Kanye West
Old July 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #89 (permalink)
VladimirPocket

Like some have already said, it's not that 'm ashamed of these bands, but more that I avoid mentioning when people ask.

I admit to liking Skrillex in small doses, but I hate it when people say they like dubstep and list Skrillex as their favourite. He doesn't do dubstep, it's electronic dance music with dubstep influences. Dubstep is Skream, Bar9 etc., which I like.

I also like HIM's Love Metal album... Some stuff on there's good. I really like Slipknot despite them being what I would call a 'children's band'.

And for people who slate Theory of a Deadman, I know they suck now. The first two albums (Theory of a Deadman and Gasoline) are actually really, really good in my opinion. After that they turned shit.

I like Because of the Times by Kings of Leon...
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #90 (permalink)
AllShallFall

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirPocket View Post
I really like Slipknot despite them being what I would call a 'children's band'.
Children's band?
Old July 17th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #91 (permalink)
VladimirPocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllShallFall View Post
Children's band?
Yeah, like.. The kind of band that 10-15 year olds listen to because it upsets their parents.
I think they are really good though, Corey Taylor has a good metal voice and a good singing voice, and on top of that he's a great songwriter.
I think they should also be on Encyclopaedia Metallum. There's more fake metal than Slipknot and they get on there.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:20 PM   #92 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

None, because my tastes are pristine.
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoda77 View Post
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #93 (permalink)
TheRoach'sFetus

Justin Timberlake... there I said it!
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #94 (permalink)
KriZDondir

the most people that know me , know me as a metalhead and sometimes when i am talking with some hardcore metalhead (black/death metal fan)i am ashamed to say that my favorite band is three days grace... well they are some kind of metal (alternative metal, alternative rock and post - grunge) but the most people don't accept them as a metal band and say they are emo (lol wtf) but anyway when I think about it how much 3dg helped me and when I thinka bout the awesome music,voice,lyrics and live performance, Im proud to say that I am a Three Days Grace Fan!

but also there are some songs that I am ashamed to say that I Listen to like.. there are around 10-15 rap songs that I like and also 10-20 pop songs that I like...but who can listen to one genre all the time??

Last edited by KriZDondir : August 5th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #95 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Ke$ha
i don't care about the not bathing an peeing on someone's lawn thing, Ke$ha's pop-y music is still fun to listen to
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM   #96 (permalink)
FaithfullyxFallen

I guess i'm ashamed a bit ha but I like the bands The Spill Canvas and He is We ^_^
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #97 (permalink)
orcslayr23
Hero of the Orcs

Probably the band i'd get the most shit for liking is Atreyu, but I find their music enjoyable so why be ashamed of it just because the general populous doesn't like their music?

ORCumentary is an ideal fusion of folk, power, and death metal with heaping helpings of violence, humor, and orcs!

Get the new single "Into Their Cavernous Hole We Plunge" for free: http://orcumentary.bandcamp.com/trac...-free-download
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #98 (permalink)
ravagingthemassacred

I'm a bit uncomfortable to admit to thoroughly enjoying these songs on my ipod:
- that one "witch doctor" song (you know, ooh eeh ooh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang)
- Backstabber by Kesha
- that nyan cat tune
- The Secret Life by Will Hyler, ripped off the youtube video haha!
Old November 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #99 (permalink)
escapethefate

sometimes your typical pop song makes me
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #100 (permalink)
Vamos

I am not ashamed of any music I listen to or of telling other people what music I like (or don't like).