Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Life > Chat

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
bamzekoz

Dubstep..

Dubstep isnt REAL music, any1 agree with me? o: Give me ur opinions
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
HipnikDragomir
Il Greeco

Music is sounds that form rhythm/melody/beat, etc. Therefore, dubstep is music, random as it may be.
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
SouthernAbyss
Listener of Metal

It's fact that Dubstep is indeed music

Despite our hate for it, that'll never change
Just like everyone else on this great forum, I dislike the concept of dubstep, I find it rather pointless, but then again, listeners of dubstep would find metal pointless, so it's a two way street...

Metal is better
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

i'm freinds with a guy that has the word "dubstep" tattooed on his leg

but i totally agree with the original poster on this one, dubstep isn't really music
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Awesome Metal Bands

crudstep, with rubbish generic lyrics or no vocals at all, with metal you get wonderful array of lyrics, I love the fantasy type lyrics, epically from symphonic metal.
Welcome to AWESOME METAL BANDS the #1 metal website dedicated
to symphonic metal and female fronted metal bands.

Old July 11th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
darksoldier
Zodiac

Most of it all dubstep music is computer generated with the use of software. I cannot see how this can be "Real" music compared to the instruments and vocals used in metal bands, rock bands etc.
My brother listens to all that crap and we are forever debating over what is the best, though since metal has awesome lyrics and epic tunes i'm always winning the debate.
Dubstep though I think would suck more without their computer generated music...
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
monoxide_child
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoldier View Post
Most of it all dubstep music is computer generated with the use of software. I cannot see how this can be "Real" music compared to the instruments and vocals used in metal bands, rock bands etc.
My brother listens to all that crap and we are forever debating over what is the best, though since metal has awesome lyrics and epic tunes i'm always winning the debate.
Dubstep though I think would suck more without their computer generated music...
my understanding is that dubstep is nothing but altered versions of existing songs, (my freinds commonly use the phrase "the dubstep version of that song") and that the music is altered with the use of software specifically designed for creating dubstep music, so it's not really music, it's more like a "computer-generated facsimile of music"
Old July 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
DroneDoomndDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamzekoz View Post
Dubstep isnt REAL music, any1 agree with me? o: Give me ur opinions
You may not like it, that however does not change that it is, in fact, music.
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
User 666
Melodic Death Metal

I don't know what is 'real music' but unfortunately dubstep is music. It may be simple or shitty, but still it's music. By the way i don't like it either...
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
VladimirPocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
my understanding is that dubstep is nothing but altered versions of existing songs, (my freinds commonly use the phrase "the dubstep version of that song") and that the music is altered with the use of software specifically designed for creating dubstep music, so it's not really music, it's more like a "computer-generated facsimile of music"
No, dubstep is more than just remixes. 'Popular' dubstep isn't real dubstep. When people usually say they like it, they mean Skrillex, Knife Party and all those types of artists who are making a dubstep-influenced genre.
This is an example of real, British, original dubstep:

This is Skrillex, an example of 'fake' dubstep. It's louder, faster and has more of those stylistic growl things. It's an American version of the British dubstep that started in the 90s:
Old July 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
VladimirPocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
my freinds commonly use the phrase "the dubstep version of that song"
It's the same as saying 'the rock/metal/dance version of that song'
There are metal versions of non-metal songs, so it still works the same way.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Skrillex haters = fags

Dubstep haters = fags to the max
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoda77 View Post
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hatredcopter

While i am new to this online comunity and am treading on unfammilier territory i shall always maintain that i am not a hater infact i find dubstep somewhat catchy but computers arent instruments they never will be and shall end my rant with this, i'd rather beat someone to death witha mac then use it to make music
Old July 23rd, 2012, 01:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Xerses69

I think dubstep is music there are plenty of critics who argue metal is not music because of dissonance tone speed and structure so since when have so many "metal heads" became snobbish elitist cunts about anything unfit of metal standards.
I see this kind of shit all over the forum to tell you the truth I miss pre-internet era culture in the fact that people didn't just pick a side but they gave a fair assessment to any kind of music...
A. Because we pick sides its that much more easy for the music industry we hate so much to make money because you catergorize MUSIC for marketability
B.PULL YOUR BLOATED HEADS OUT YOUR ASS music is subjective emotional and experimental its easy to take a hitler stance when 90% of the music you listen to comes from one genre.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
VladimirPocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatredcopter View Post
While i am new to this online comunity and am treading on unfammilier territory i shall always maintain that i am not a hater infact i find dubstep somewhat catchy but computers arent instruments they never will be and shall end my rant with this, i'd rather beat someone to death witha mac then use it to make music
I disagree.
When used right, computers are certainly instruments in my opinion.
Take this: (I know it's a sad reference with it being the soundtrack to a game, but the point remains valid)

That song was made entirely on a computer, the guy who recorded it never touched an instrument.
I'd say it's music, and therefore makes computers an instrument.
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
AllShallFall

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butt View Post
Skrillex haters = fags

Dubstep haters = fags to the max
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
AllShallFall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerses69 View Post
I think dubstep is music there are plenty of critics who argue metal is not music because of dissonance tone speed and structure so since when have so many "metal heads" became snobbish elitist cunts about anything unfit of metal standards.
I see this kind of shit all over the forum to tell you the truth I miss pre-internet era culture in the fact that people didn't just pick a side but they gave a fair assessment to any kind of music...
A. Because we pick sides its that much more easy for the music industry we hate so much to make money because you catergorize MUSIC for marketability
B.PULL YOUR BLOATED HEADS OUT YOUR ASS music is subjective emotional and experimental its easy to take a hitler stance when 90% of the music you listen to comes from one genre.
ctfd
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
melodeathbass

if who use bass and drums for dubstep i'm going to kill them one by one.
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllShallFall View Post
I speak only truths.
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
TheRoach'sFetus

This really isn't a debate if Dubstep is music. More of is it good music. Which in my opinion its good for partying, or on rare occasions but I don't listen to it all the time and I do agree it is not very original at times but of course it is a matter of opinion and one who enjoys Dubstep or doesn't has nothing to do with their sexual identity as declared by some posts above. I hardly see what this irrelevant dispute has anything to do with the Metal culture...
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
KriZDondir

When Korn can respect Dubstep (Skrillex) than I can do it also... I don't hate it.
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Hatredcopter

Ok Vladimirpocket i'll admit when im wrong on something almost everytime, you have stumped me there, yes a kida bad example but you proved your point, dubstep can be considered music, still shit though haha
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Nope. Check out Omnitica and Zomboy and then get back to me. Dubstep is awesome.
Quote:
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
matt schrauben
Curse You All Men!

The new Muse album has some dubstep-esque parts on it, and they sound pretty huge.

https://www.facebook.com/Entransient

Eissturm, a Black Metal/Ambient project. New album out now!

http://eissturm.bandcamp.com/

Old November 19th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Baroque

Dubstep is music

"Music is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. Its common elements are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture."

You could make an argument that some rap isn't music though, the type that doesn't have melody and harmony.