Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ess en

Well, the thread's evidentally alive again. I might as well post in it, heh..

Sweeping, for me, is easy. It's the speed picking parts that I have trouble with. In fact, I still can't play any bodom solos even though I practice with a metronome a lot. But as far as the rest of the song goes, out of the songs I've tried to learn, the main melody in Blooddrunk is pretty hard for me and took me a long time to memorize. Follow The Reaper is pretty hard rythmically. Bodom After Midnight is too fast, I can't play that song for shit. And, considering it's one of the first songs I ever learned to play, and I still fuck it up pretty often, the lick where you skip back and forth between all six strings in Are You Dead Yet is pretty hard... I need to practice more. D=
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Shadowsoul
Lost in SeventhWonderland

kissing the shadows is the hardest by far on keyboard
from what i've heard bodom beach terror and mask of sanity are the hardest guitar solos
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
Followed the Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargarash View Post
but damn Jaska is fast and damn is he in shape! While I was rehearsing that song I lost 10 kg. in 3 weeks!!!
Forget the pills, lose weight naturally, buy a Jaska drumset with full COB discography and extra hand weights

The Hoff
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsoul View Post
kissing the shadows is the hardest by far on keyboard
from what i've heard bodom beach terror and mask of sanity are the hardest guitar solos
I wouldn't say KTS... maybe Chokehold...

BBT is an easy solo and MOS ... with a bit of practise it's ok. KTS, T,L&S,LDB and a lot of the Blooddrunk solos are harder.
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
EddyRX10
rtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Good choise!
Wow, the Original Eddy.

Edit: Beach Terror is easy Harry, the only thing that fucks me up is the fucking stupid 3/4 bar in the tab which ISNT in the song xD

Mos Duel is pretty hard. The main solo isn't hard its just the tab is shitty and written for 2 guitars.

Hmmm... None of them are spectacularly harder than others.

Me Tarding on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/EddyRX10

Last edited by EddyRX10 : October 14th, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
Shadowsoul

i thought alexi said the bbt solo was one of the hardest?
and i don't know what it is, but kts is far far harder than chokehold on keys
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRX10 View Post
Wow, the Original Eddy.

Edit: Beach Terror is easy Harry, the only thing that fucks me up is the fucking stupid 3/4 bar in the tab which ISNT in the song xD

Mos Duel is pretty hard. The main solo isn't hard its just the tab is shitty and written for 2 guitars.

Hmmm... None of them are spectacularly harder than others.
What? Which bar(s) do you mean? I thought my tab is pretty much accurate!
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
charli

i find the deadnight warrior solo pretty fucking difficult to play perfectly
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #34 (permalink)
chb
COB Hate Crew Member

This is a fun thread. I dont/cant play guitar at all - but fool around with drums, but its fun to see what you (prolly quite good) guitar players struggle with and think what is difficult in the COB songs. Yeah I could clearly imagine stuff in KTS are quite hard.

Roope: Just that we hope to play more often in Denmark, it has always been one of my favorite places, I've been to Roskilde Festival many times.. and I hope they would also take us some time

BIG THANX to Conti from here for letting me buy Jaska's stick from him !! I LOVE that stick SO much!1
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Aleksi

Kissing the Shadows is generally accepted as being the hardest. I'm not sure what I personally consider hardest though, definately not Kissing the Shadows (as I can actually play it), probably whichever song has the most sweeping in it would be toughest for me... I'm comfortable with 3 string sweeps and with a LOT of practice I can get the 5/6 string sweeps down but it's probably my weakest technique at the moment.
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ess en

This also makes me wonder which songs you guys think are the easiest ones. I think Are You Dead Yet is probaby the easiest one, overall, that I've tried to learn. And Downfall is pretty easy... Actually, flip those two. Downfall is the easiest, and AYDY is also pretty easy. As far as the solos that I know how to play, I can get the Punch Me I Bleed solo closest to being up to speed.

What do you guys think? Especially in terms of solos?
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #37 (permalink)
eveningninja
Skull Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess en View Post
It's really rather subjective to your abilities as a guitarist and what you define as being well-played. While many guitarists think that slow solos = automatically easier, I've found that many who are arrogant for their zomgspeed don't do the slower more articulate/expressive solos justice at all. Simply being able to ''play'' the notes tabbed out does not equate to good playing. This also applies to fast solos too obviously, however most people are so focused on the speed in itself that they don't realize what they're missing out on. That is one of the major separating factors between guitarists. And so while people will say ''oh I can play this solo and this solo,'' that really doesn't mean shit

my Laiho contest video

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeznep View Post
SERIOSLY!!!!!!

I've watched "Chaos Ridden Years Stockholm Live" several times now and I get more angry everytime. I hate Alexi of all my heart cuz he's got all the cool stuff to himself.

Alexi got like 2 mins to do some solos, the drummis got some time aswell and the same with the kboard. But Roope gets like 10 sec then alexi comes in on the scene. WHY THE FUCK? LET ROOPE PLAY, OOOOOhh im sorry, Alexi will get to Jelous. Stupid idiot.
Seriosly.
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
Ess en

No, I agree. But if you can't play the shit up to tempo, one of the most basic elements of music, then what hope do you have for making the rest of it sound good? =)
Old October 16th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Works0fheart
Brentowulf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charli View Post
i find the deadnight warrior solo pretty fucking difficult to play perfectly
i dunno man, You Give Love A Badname is a pretty hard song off of teh breeder of hate albumm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch me i bleed View Post
In new record i want to hear the solo like in "Punch me i bleed", "Wrath within", "Ops i did it again" and "Sleeping in my car" ! But here is one thing, Alexi is the God of guitar and, no matter, what he will create, that will be a tune that would shook the world...

Old October 19th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #40 (permalink)
Nappero
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enmity5566 View Post
i dunno man, You Give Love A Badname is a pretty hard song off of teh breeder of hate albumm
Old October 19th, 2009, 01:30 AM   #41 (permalink)
fetalrectoid

mask of sanity is more difficult than kissing the shadows by far. I learned KTS from beginning to end. I couldn't handle mask
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:34 AM   #42 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

^By far? How far? This far <------------------> ?
Old October 19th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #43 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksi View Post
Kissing the Shadows is generally accepted as being the hardest. I'm not sure what I personally consider hardest though, definately not Kissing the Shadows (as I can actually play it), probably whichever song has the most sweeping in it would be toughest for me... I'm comfortable with 3 string sweeps and with a LOT of practice I can get the 5/6 string sweeps down but it's probably my weakest technique at the moment.
You can play KTS but you have big problems with 5/6 strings sweeps? You mean you can just play the rythm guitars, or? Because int the solos are 6 or 7 of those sweepings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess en View Post
This also makes me wonder which songs you guys think are the easiest ones. I think Are You Dead Yet is probaby the easiest one, overall, that I've tried to learn. And Downfall is pretty easy... Actually, flip those two. Downfall is the easiest, and AYDY is also pretty easy. As far as the solos that I know how to play, I can get the Punch Me I Bleed solo closest to being up to speed.

Pretty much every song till Roope joined the band was easy to learn (the rythm guitars). And for solos... maybe AYDY.
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #44 (permalink)
Aleksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post
You can play KTS but you have big problems with 5/6 strings sweeps? You mean you can just play the rythm guitars, or? Because int the solos are 6 or 7 of those sweepings
No, the leads, I practiced the solos manically to get those sweeps down but I'm still not 100% comfortable with them, they sound right but I have to really focus on what I'm doing.
With alternate picking I don't really have to think about my right hand at all (or for the most part my left), it just does it. With sweeping I have to really pay attention (especially when learning a new shape or changing the starting place of that shape), so my problem with sweeping lies in improving my muscle memory.
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #45 (permalink)
elli

I am not good enough to say what is the hardest song to play.

But what is the easiest (if u can say this) song to play for u ??
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #46 (permalink)
Aleksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by elli View Post
I am not good enough to say what is the hardest song to play.

But what is the easiest (if u can say this) song to play for u ??
Bed of Razors is pretty easy.
Downfall is also easy (except the solo)
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:03 AM   #47 (permalink)
XxSNAPxX
[HYDRAKUS]

Triple Corpse Hammerblow always gets me, as well as kissing the shadows, though i've got my head around both, they still challenge me.
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:01 AM   #48 (permalink)
Shadowsoul

easiest keys song is hcdr :P
bed of razors and downfall both have very easy solos
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #49 (permalink)
cRun

The only difficulty with downfall solo it's its speed, not everyone can play clear sixteenths at 200bpm.
Or I'm just trying to justify myself for being shit guitarist. (:
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #50 (permalink)
EddyRX10
rtard

@cRun He's talking about the Keys solo.
Guitar aint difficult either though compared to KTS or something

Me Tarding on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/EddyRX10