Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2006, 06:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Valerie
¯\(ツ)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvex
We're not questioning his judgement, were gving our opinions about his new guitar, and the concensus so far is split about fifty-fifty, between ugly looking and bad ass looking. this blind devotion is mindless, and you should not criticize others for having an opinion that you dont agree with.

+1

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 14th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Draznog
Born Dead buried alive

well my plan is to get a jackson rx10d paint green pin stripes on it and get all the hardware painted green but some EMG's in it and it would be kickass

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 14th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Earth Breather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draznog
well my plan is to get a jackson rx10d paint green pin stripes on it and get all the hardware painted green but some EMG's in it and it would be kickass
OMGROOPE!!!1! fan...haha im jk, yeah I would get the same body paint design, but with white and black EGM-81's
Old January 15th, 2006, 12:28 AM   #29 (permalink)
Sixpounder666

haha, EMG, fanboy (hint my sarcasm)
Old January 15th, 2006, 08:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Raistlin Majere
Through the hourglasses

esp ltd explorer is a damn good guitar. go kill yourself for bashing the whole name
Old January 15th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #31 (permalink)
Hrafn
Vettenetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draznog
thats exacly my plan! just that im doing red.. and I already have the RX
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #32 (permalink)
Lobo
ロボ

i think ESP makes decent guitars they're not bad at all..Roope is a friggin insane guitarist he knows what he buys and if anything was wrong with his ESP he would've had it fixed..as for me i play an ibanez proline series..Link--http://www3.sympatico.ca/marcos.g/ibanez-pl2660.jpg
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
Something Wild
Maiden of Iron

There's nothing wrong with ESP, they make very good guitars. I've got a DV8 myself and I can't say anything else than that I LOVE it.
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
The_Avenger
GoreGrinder

I am quite sure that back in the days when Alexi played the Jackson's his got stolen at a show and Jackson couldn't get him new guitars in time for the next show (tour?) so ESP stepped in and got a deal worked out with them. That's why they both play ESP's now its becasue they are most likly under contract with ESP and arent allowed to play Jackson's (or any other brand) or the contract will be void.
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Kalma|-|

No exactly, Roope said that Jackson sucks nowdays!
(I do own a Jackson and an LTD and im never gonna sell my Jackson while im selling my LTD and getting Alexi's ESP sig model)
What I do know about Jackson guitars is that the top models are the USA made models, but it has to do with fender buying Jackson and sh*t like that.

This is a link where I got most of my info

http://www.endlesswar.net/SOB/site.php?go=roope&lang=en
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
Heavenscent
FUCKIN' YAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!

Threadstarters suck

ALL HAIL!!!

SPANK THE CUNNILINGUS

Airdrumming-ROFLcore
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Something Wild
Maiden of Iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Avenger
I am quite sure that back in the days when Alexi played the Jackson's his got stolen at a show and Jackson couldn't get him new guitars in time for the next show (tour?) so ESP stepped in and got a deal worked out with them. That's why they both play ESP's now its becasue they are most likly under contract with ESP and arent allowed to play Jackson's (or any other brand) or the contract will be void.
yeah, exactly. Dave Mustaine recently switched to ESP too (as I guess most of you know) and now all his old Jacksons are for sale. If I remember correctly he wanted to buy Jackson but they wouldn't sell it to him, then it also had something to do with him getting pissed off at Fender for buying Jackson because that would reduce the quality or something. Anyways, as far as I'm concerned he's been very happy with his switch, as has Alexi & Roope, so I can't see the point in people endlessly bitching about this. Get over it.
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
In Your Face
trying to piss you off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Wild
yeah, exactly. Dave Mustaine recently switched to ESP too (as I guess most of you know) and now all his old Jacksons are for sale. If I remember correctly he wanted to buy Jackson but they wouldn't sell it to him, then it also had something to do with him getting pissed off at Fender for buying Jackson because that would reduce the quality or something. Anyways, as far as I'm concerned he's been very happy with his switch, as has Alexi & Roope, so I can't see the point in people endlessly bitching about this. Get over it.

you're forgetting that the ESP Trucker is the most gloriously glorious guitar ever made. Ever.
Old January 18th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
Lanterns
1 girl in her cups

Who's dug up this thread and where?
Anyway I agree with what Johanna had posted back then: Roope is an experienced professional musician so he knows whjat he's doing...
Besides, he still plays his white Jackson Rhoads on stage nowadays, doesn't he?
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #40 (permalink)
Vital Remains
Just a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Child Of Bodom
I just wanna know if there's somebody here who likes the new Roope's ESP ?
The bastard had a custom shop Randy Rhoads and he changed for a shitty model ! He's fucked up ...
Well he probably like the way it feels and plays to him. im the same way with my axes. im a bc rich guy. i hear from many that they are overrated but i beg to differ.
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Hylian
Pirate Metal Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanterns
Who's dug up this thread and where?
Not me this time.

Old January 19th, 2006, 03:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
joshthesquash

U FUKING MORONIC PIECE OF SHIT! THIS IS A FUCKIN STUPID THREAD HOLY FUCK DUCK!
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
Hylian
Pirate Metal Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshthesquash
U FUKING MORONIC PIECE OF SHIT! THIS IS A FUCKIN STUPID THREAD HOLY FUCK DUCK!
HOLY FUCK DUCK!
HOLY FUCK DUCK!!!

Old January 19th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Heavenscent
FUCKIN' YAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!

Schmuck

ALL HAIL!!!

SPANK THE CUNNILINGUS

Airdrumming-ROFLcore
Old January 19th, 2006, 07:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Bodom Madness
Shade of Black

I think that ESP is better than Jackson... We have 3 ESP's, and 2 Jacksons at our studio... ESP's are more faster and softer than Jackson gutars... Blah, maybe it's because each of the ESP costs ~10.000€

Old January 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
Hylian
Pirate Metal Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodom Madness
I think that ESP is better than Jackson... We have 3 ESP's, and 2 Jacksons at our studio... ESP's are more faster and softer than Jackson gutars... Blah, maybe it's because each of the ESP costs ~10.000€
Well, I guess it will all depend on the models. If the jacksons you have are from the Pro series or so -- yes, I do beliece ESPs will be better. Now, if you're talking about USA Jacksons -- I doubt it. Then again, it all depends on the specific models you're talking about.

One thing... How the fuck is one guitar faster than another? You might say they are easier to play on but saying that one guitar is faster another is just ridiculous.

Also, the main reason why most people hate ESP is because they don't have a single original model. They just copy other brands, particularly Jackson, and rip off their models. Well, that and the baseball bat thick necks.

Old January 19th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
Bodom Madness
Shade of Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian
One thing... How the fuck is one guitar faster than another? You might say they are easier to play on but saying that one guitar is faster another is just ridiculous.
Yeah, I meant "easier to play"... "Faster guitar" is a common phrase in my town.

Old January 19th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #48 (permalink)
Hylian
Pirate Metal Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodom Madness
Yeah, I meant "easier to play"... "Faster guitar" is a common phrase in my town.
Hehe, that's ok

What guitar models do you have?

Old January 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
Bodom Madness
Shade of Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian
Hehe, that's ok

What guitar models do you have?
I personally own a B.C. Rich Stealth, with DiMarzio's pickups... Basicaly, an exact copy of Chuck's guitar... (Yes, I am a Death fanboy ). I also started building my own guitar, but I quit playing 2 years ago, so I didn't finish it...

Old January 20th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #50 (permalink)
schenkadere
Obey my dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Child Of Bodom
I just wanna know if there's somebody here who likes the new Roope's ESP ?
The bastard had a custom shop Randy Rhoads and he changed for a shitty model ! He's fucked up ...
Who cares? If it feels good to him and gives him the tone and playability he's looking for in an axe, then he can play anything he likes. Brands mean absolutely nothing...names are often only a higher price tag. Jackson isn't anywhere near the company they used to be...Fender owns them now anyway. Besides...the guitar he gets from their custom shop will blow the doors off anything hanging on your music store wall.