Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #76 (permalink)
Noble Viking
Aka Herman Li

The drums suck on the song AYDY
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #77 (permalink)
Thrash fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo
Can we stop brown nosing each other for a minute. I like the old stuff and the new stuff. I except change unlike some people. Ive said it before that I listen to music for the music, I dont swear allegance to any band whatsoever. If the CD was genuinely shit, then id say so. I dont think that COB have lost their edge, they have just changed the 'formula' slightly so that they dont produce duplicates of earlier work. All bands have to do this at one stage.

Thats totally fucking true and my point also. I prefer bodoms earlier work but they have not dropped their style completelym, just messed about with it. And it works cos the outcome is good fucking heavy songs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 20th, 2005, 05:25 PM   #78 (permalink)
Chaosia

Agreed.
Old October 20th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
Hrafn
Vettenetter

jau jau
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
Jesse-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Viking
The drums suck on the song AYDY
Do you even play drums yourself? Do you mean they suck technically or that they just don't fit to the song?
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #81 (permalink)
Shillien
Warrior of Darkness

The new album is definately something new and I like it
I love how they've tuned down their style and are now playing CGCFAD on their songs (I noticed this when i listened to Punch Me I Bleed)
but yea this new ablum is very badass and I like this EVEN heavier style its really awesome ps: I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK MOTHERFUCKER I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK... hahaha great stuff
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:42 PM   #82 (permalink)
derek
Grey Eminence

I don't mind it, and i accept that bands change (except in the metallica way) but i just dont enjoy the changes to Bodom's sound as much as i did their older stuff. In saying that though...hatecrew is my favourite album, so i wouldnt call it the old stuff.
Old October 21st, 2005, 04:23 PM   #83 (permalink)
Turbo
Natursekt Black Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse-
Do you even play drums yourself? Do you mean they suck technically or that they just don't fit to the song?
I dont think enough attention has been given on the drums. I like it when the guitars sound like they are following the drum line, not the other way around.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 02:21 AM   #84 (permalink)
Elysian893
Dethklok

this is the way i feel about AYDY... its like their version of Metallica's Load... Load had a few songs that were kind of ok, but the album as a whole was so terrible it wasn't worth buying. its the same thing with AYDY... a few songs are kind of ok, but i'll be god damned if i'm going to waste my money on the rest of this festering pile of rat shit.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 02:56 AM   #85 (permalink)
Noble Viking
Aka Herman Li

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Can you hear the drums in the chorus? It sounds as minimal as Metallica's drums. Techincally, the drums do suck. I don't play drums, but I have played drums and I could EASILY play those drums on that part; that's how come I think they suck.

Last edited by Noble Viking : October 22nd, 2005 at 03:00 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 02:59 AM   #86 (permalink)
Elysian893
Dethklok

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Can you hear the drums in the chorus? It sounds as minimal as Metallica's drums. Techincally, they do suck. I don't play drums, but I have played drums and I could EASILY play those drums on that part; that's how come I think they suck.
its ok dude i think the drums suck on the whole album. very basic sounding if you ask me... and no, i'm not a drummer either, although soon i will be buying a kit.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 03:00 AM   #87 (permalink)
bodomite
Your Executioner

blargh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodomite
im drinking Gatorade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brookes
oh man you must have aids lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodomite
Really thats why i have all those sores
ITS OFFICIAL BODOMITE HAS AIDS BUT YOU CAN HELP BY SENDING HIM BEER MONEY TO THE BODOMITE FUND PLEASE CALL OUR SAVE BODOMITE FUND LINE AND PLEDGE YOU MONEY TO SAVE BODOMITE FROM TOTAL DAMNDATION REMEMBER YOUR NOT ONLY SAVING A LIFE YOUR SAVING ............ uhh Bodomite....
Old October 22nd, 2005, 05:56 AM   #88 (permalink)
DoodgeGant
Individual Fruit Trifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodomite
blargh

I agree Bodomite.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:31 AM   #89 (permalink)
Jesse-

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Can you hear the drums in the chorus? It sounds as minimal as Metallica's drums. Techincally, the drums do suck. I don't play drums, but I have played drums and I could EASILY play those drums on that part; that's how come I think they suck.
Maybe that part yes, although I'd very much like to hear it.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:37 AM   #90 (permalink)
Jesse-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian893
its ok dude i think the drums suck on the whole album. very basic sounding if you ask me... and no, i'm not a drummer either, although soon i will be buying a kit.
This is the funny thing here, they are far from basic, if you compare to COB's other albums. Just listen to Punch Me I Bleed, all the ghostnotes and jazz-style fills he does, it's just amazing. And Next In Line, just listen to the couple of superfast/cool fills, and how his playing grooves on the keyboard/guitar solo part.

This is just what I was after. If you don't play drums, you can't say if something is easy. And I think Jaska has done almost his best on this album. I'd like to hear more grooves and jazz-style things in the future, though.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:51 AM   #91 (permalink)
Turbo
Natursekt Black Metal

Quote:
this is the way i feel about AYDY... its like their version of Metallica's Load... Load had a few songs that were kind of ok, but the album as a whole was so terrible it wasn't worth buying. its the same thing with AYDY... a few songs are kind of ok, but i'll be god damned if i'm going to waste my money on the rest of this festering pile of rat shit.
A very good observation!!!
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:19 AM   #92 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
Followed the Reaper

My order of prefenrence of the songs:

Living Dead Beat
Are You Dead Yet?
In Your Face
Next in Line
Bastards of Bodom
Punch Me I Bleed
If You Want Peace... Prepare for War
We're Not Gonna Fall
Old October 22nd, 2005, 10:55 AM   #93 (permalink)
Chaosia

Quote:
This is the funny thing here, they are far from basic, if you compare to COB's other albums. Just listen to Punch Me I Bleed, all the ghostnotes and jazz-style fills he does, it's just amazing. And Next In Line, just listen to the couple of superfast/cool fills, and how his playing grooves on the keyboard/guitar solo part.

This is just what I was after. If you don't play drums, you can't say if something is easy. And I think Jaska has done almost his best on this album. I'd like to hear more grooves and jazz-style things in the future, though.
Don't know much about drums, basics really, but I agree. Don't know why -once again- people want to trash them. Can't fund anything shitty on them.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 03:26 PM   #94 (permalink)
Elysian893
Dethklok

Quote:

you don't listen to a lot of jazz do you?
Old October 22nd, 2005, 03:33 PM   #95 (permalink)
Turbo
Natursekt Black Metal

There was nothing there i considered Jazz at all. Of course playing instruments for the last 12 years, I know fuck all!
Old October 22nd, 2005, 03:52 PM   #96 (permalink)
Elysian893
Dethklok

Quote:
There was nothing there i considered Jazz at all. Of course playing instruments for the last 12 years, I know fuck all!
well duh, or me for the last 9 years, i know even more fuck all
Old October 22nd, 2005, 04:03 PM   #97 (permalink)
Jesse-

Quote:
you don't listen to a lot of jazz do you?
Oh, I listen to a lot of jazz. For example Dave Weckl Band and Lenni-Kalle Taipale Trio.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 04:03 PM   #98 (permalink)
Jesse-

Quote:
Then you don't know shit. There is a couple of fills in the song which are straight from jazz.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:33 PM   #99 (permalink)
Neon Black
Cheesehead

i like the new album but i prefer COB's earlier stuff.... hatebreeder is my favorite.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 08:24 PM   #100 (permalink)
Hylian
Pirate Metal Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN!
I think he's a man . . . . I'm not completely sure but I THINK Alexi's a man!