Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #9201 (permalink)
El Palta!
Warmen's fan

I did the keyboard solo and part of the intro (but it sucks)

Shovel Knockout

-->YouTube
-->Soundcloud

Last edited by El Palta! : March 4th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:31 PM   #9202 (permalink)
P4T0U

How come the bass in the Living Dead Beat tab has 5 strings? Henkka plays with 4 on the DVD.

Oh ok.. It's tuned in ADGCF... WTF?

Last edited by P4T0U : March 3rd, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:14 PM   #9203 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Tabbed NMF again. Good to have the song in perfect quality now (thx M.). Necro, your attemp on NMF was really good but you still have a lot of mistakes in it. The basic chords were right most of the time but you have a lot of rythm mistakes in it, tabbed the wrong note but in the right chord and you used wrong harmonies in some places. I'm uploading it when I'm completely done with it. Still don't know about the drums. If Mitch would finish his drums you can compare which sounds better
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #9204 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

Away from all the tabbing going on, I just wanted to give the shout-out to all who contributed to the making of backing tracks; I'll be borrowing the SNBN BT for a performance tomorrow, and I'll make sure I'll give y'all proper credit (I suppose Epi specifically, but let me know if anyone else was involved). Thanks for making my life easier!

(And wish me luck, lol. I hope this doesn't fail quite as bad as last time I tried to do Downfall live >___< Performing CoB covers is really a do-or-die kind of thing.)

Last edited by Crzy_Aus : March 4th, 2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #9205 (permalink)
crawler64

Still tabbin' the shit out of the new bodom tracks warheart ? gr8 to see - It's been a time, but still this forum is the best bodom-TAB-Source on the net.
Warheart do you got some Backing Track Action goin' , i remember like 2 years ago or somethin' you did some backing tracks out of Bodom Tabs, is that still on the run ?

greetz crawler64

Hi this Alexi from Sinergy and Children of Bodom and ehhmm, We gonna play some songs for you and eehm
after them , I'm sort of break it down and eehm Show you some parts and exercises and licks EEhh Fast and SLOaahww and eeh also check out (high E-Chord) my Buddy Roope doing his thing .. ENJOY
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #9206 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

I can't wait to get home later and finish tabbing this stuff. Going to attempt to finish Roundtrip and hav a look at this updated NMF tab, will see if I can some more drums too and sort out that odd rhythm part, I haven't bothered to try and figure out the sequence yet. I'm at work listening to the album on my iPod so hopefully ill seriously love these songs in a week or so.

Crawler, nice to see you it's been a while since you posted! My backing tracks aren't as good as Epi's, I don't spent much time with stuff like that but I will do some with what I've got, which is addictive drums I think, haven't opened it in a while so can't remember exactly. Plus I lost my cool soundfont that allows me to use all the keyboard sounds from gp4 so keys might not be as nice as previous ones unless I can somehow magically find it!!

Last edited by <-Warheart-> : March 4th, 2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #9207 (permalink)
drawnacrol
7stringSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemy242 View Post
anyone make any progress with Shovel Knockout? I was working on it last night but certain parts are just bugging the hell out of me; all i've figured out is basically the intro riff and lead/chorus section
I tabbed it all out last night, I'll try and make a guitar pro tab but it always crashes on me and corrupts the file when I make a tab so I might just have to upload it in pdf/text
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #9208 (permalink)
crawler64

Yeah, it's true. I guess Blooddrunk was not exactly my taste, but now i've listened to some tracks of RRF and i gotta admit it brings me back to bodom
Epi is still active, as well ? Nice to hear. Can't wait to hear the BT of RRF.
Warheart do you actually got your youtube account goin, with some old footage of bodom ? You had some sweet videos of the SW / HB - Times. ( I'm not asking to upload that, i know that this is not permitted )

Hi this Alexi from Sinergy and Children of Bodom and ehhmm, We gonna play some songs for you and eehm
after them , I'm sort of break it down and eehm Show you some parts and exercises and licks EEhh Fast and SLOaahww and eeh also check out (high E-Chord) my Buddy Roope doing his thing .. ENJOY
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #9209 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

My old account was banned cuz of a video of dragonforce I had up and some Paul Gilbert stuff I uploaded that kept getting taken down by some Japanese prick. Oh well!
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #9210 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

^ Well, fuck. Youtube these days is full of shit.
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #9211 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrφ View Post
BTW, here's what the beginning of Relentless, Reckless Forever. It's pretty accurate so far, I think. I have more of the song figured out already, but haven't yet written it down.
@ the translation of the title to German, why did you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #9212 (permalink)
Shadowsoul
Lost in SeventhWonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Palta! View Post

Shovel Knockout
Awesome job on the solo dude, learning now, it's easier than it sounds
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #9213 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Is the FTR tab on the first page accurate?I'm not sure about something in the second solo but i'd wait for arcane or mitch...
-Is God willing to prevent evil,but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.-Is he able,but not willing?Then he is malevolent.-Is he both able,and willing?Then whence cometh evil?-Is he neither able nor willing?Then why call him God?
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #9214 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andry_Wildchild View Post
Is the FTR tab on the first page accurate?I'm not sure about something in the second solo but i'd wait for arcane or mitch...
I didn't tab it but I might be able to help. What's the problem?
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #9215 (permalink)
Norbix

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Palta! View Post

Shovel Knockout
Hmm. Bar 41 sound wrong to me, and the notes at the end of bar 42 should be tremelo picking I think. Also, personally I feel bar 44 is easier played like this

Old March 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #9216 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
I didn't tab it but I might be able to help. What's the problem?
Check bars 149-150 of the lead guitar(the solo)
-Is God willing to prevent evil,but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.-Is he able,but not willing?Then he is malevolent.-Is he both able,and willing?Then whence cometh evil?-Is he neither able nor willing?Then why call him God?
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #9217 (permalink)
Fret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andry_Wildchild View Post
Check bars 149-150 of the lead guitar(the solo)
Seems fine to me, what did you think was wrong with it?
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #9218 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Not My Funeral tab is coming along.

Arcane's guitars, Necro's bass, intro keys & drums with replaced snare sound (38 to 40) and I've added the pre-guitar solo guitar/keys harmony, added Janne's keyboard solo and corrected Alexi's guitar solo!!

I won't even bother with the verse riff, hopefully they'll do a video lesson on it because it's impossible to hear. Update soonish.
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #9219 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Use this tab http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/Tabs/Beerdigung.gp4

I corrected the guitars and leads (+ Alexis solo) and keys and added the key solo (there you can compare mine and yours)

doing guitars for SKO now

Last edited by <Arcane> : March 4th, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:09 PM   #9220 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

I thought I'd just keep what I've got since our keys solos are pretty much exactly the same.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mwyq8u

Any guitar corrections can be made, I can't tell what's going on in the verse riff at all so will see if they demonstrate it in a Young Guitar DVD or something.

I didn't change those bars from the PM so they still need to be checked, I've used up all my energy doing the keyboard & guitar solo.
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #9221 (permalink)
<Arcane>

We really have nearly the same key solo. But you still have some few wrong notes in it. Alexis solo seems to be accurate now since we both corrected the same stuff (except bar 165 were I have one wrong note and bar 181 were you have one wrong note). Fingering is also different... Oh and check out bar 179... It's a short slide from a# to b

And shit, when I corrected that fast pciking thing in Alexis solo I had in my mind "it should be the same pattern as it is in the Hate me solo" but for some reason it didn't get it that it have to start with 12-9-11

The verse is a really hard thing. I know that the notes on the a string are correct but can't get the notes which are played on the e-string...

Last edited by <Arcane> : March 4th, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #9222 (permalink)
Deadbeat

You guys are doing an awsome job on the tabs much appreciated
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #9223 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

I didn't actually check 181 but I'd imagine it's an Eb Major scale over an Ebmaj chord but the possibility of Laiho hitting a wrong note is there.

I checked 179 and you're right but I'm leaning more towards an A slide to B, definitely not how I tabbed it though.
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #9224 (permalink)
<Arcane>

In 181 I mean that it starts with 18-17-15 not 18-16-15... Whatever... Going to bed now. I hate it when a new album comes out because the only thing I do then is to tab, learn and record those songs which sucks because I have to do a lot of other things instead of this shit
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #9225 (permalink)
Fastbodom
I Spit on Your Grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post
In 181 I mean that it starts with 18-17-15 not 18-16-15... Whatever... Going to bed now. I hate it when a new album comes out because the only thing I do then is to tab, learn and record those songs which sucks because I have to do a lot of other things instead of this shit
hey buddy
a quick OFFtopic

u on msn ?

nvm u where going to bed hah

Edwards E-AL-120 Alexi Scythe EMG- HZ-H4 - MM-04
Edwards E-AL-120 Alexi Arrowhead EMG- HZ-H4 - MM-04
Jackson RR Alexi Wildchild Replica Jackson J-50BC - JE-1000
Jackson RR Alexi Green pinstripe replica J50BC - JE-1000
Jackson RR24 yellow black J50BC- JE-1000
Marshall MG-100-DFX
Lee Jackson GP-1000 88 Model modded.
Rocktron intellifex Online,
Lee Jackson SP-1000