Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM   #9201 (permalink)
Norbix

Quote:
I must say, the solo in one of the solos is bliss but can't remember which one. So far, there's no song that makes me go "HOLY SHIT!!" but hopefully it's still to be heard!!
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet. My money is that it's Not my Funeral. The solo to this song could be the best he's written, but I can't pick bests. It's certainly up there. And if it's NMF solo, it's weird that none of that song made you go holy shit. The chorus and interlude of the song made me holy shit.

Quote:
ROUNDTRIP TO HELL AND BACK IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I have goosebumps, holy god!!
Nice, I'm glad you're liking stuff off the album. That song is really good, a lot of the riffs make my ears really happy. There are some parts that I either haven't digested yet or just feel a little out of place.

Quote:
SKO was pretty good but i don't think it is the best off the album.
For me NMF and Shovel equally make me tingle. The energy combined with the atmosphere and awesomeness of the riffs make it impossible for me to choose one over the other.

Quote:
It's the Not My Funeral solo I like
Booya.

Take your time with the tabs guys, don't feel pressured or anything to get them out as quickly as possible. There's already a guitar version of NMF and that song will take a good while to get perfect.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:48 PM   #9202 (permalink)
akamouzis

hey mitch , would you mind sharing whatever you have of RTTHAB? I really wanna try play that one, i dont care if its not complete. if its no bother.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM   #9203 (permalink)
P4T0U

SKO is growing on me big time... I feel like having Bodom HPV right now. Seriosly, I can't wait for a SKO tab! If only I had the talent....and time! (f**king quantum mech.)
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:10 AM   #9204 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

I was going to post the two tabs last night but I fell asleep and woke up at 4am so just went to bed instead haha. I'll be able to post them tomorrow as I'm not home tonight. I've got all instruments on roundtrip except a few keyboard bits. I'm going to finish drums on arcanes tab on Friday too, I done up until the verse last night.

Plus, I'm home Friday Saturday Sunday evening so can work on some more stuff.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:50 AM   #9205 (permalink)
Necrö
Now with Caramel

(mostly) Complete Tab for NOT MY FUNERAL

- I took the solos from Arcane's tab, I'm not that good with solos. Apologies.

- I also took Arcane's attempt at the Verse riff. It's fucking hard to hear what they're playing there, and his version was better than mine. Again, apologies.

- The Dual Key/Guitar thing from the beginning of the solo section is missing.

- There's also keys missing at one point (Choir Aahs).

But ahwell, enjoy. It's definitely the best tab of this song so far

I also started tabbing Relentless, Reckless Forever - should be done soon.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 05:48 AM   #9206 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Ok, I do also have the album now. I'm not at home at the moment but I will check out your NMF tab Necro. I think I can do guitars and keys for all other songs till sunday or monday if I have the time. If somebody else has anything tabbed yet it would be better - then I only have to go over it
Mitch, I'm really interested in your drums for NMF because it could be that I have some rythm problems in one or two bars.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:28 AM   #9207 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

I see the drums have been tabbed, nice work, although snare will have to be 40 cuz I hate the 38 sound.

Here's what I got, it's just Arcane's tab with a few bars of drums.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rfoqbz

Roundtrip To Hell And Back:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bqwzbs

There are small bits that will need looking at, but it's 90% there.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:38 AM   #9208 (permalink)
Norbix

The tabs are lookin sweet, glab roundtrip is drop tuned because I've only got one guitar and it's floyd equipped. : )

(If anyone knows about a low priced RR24 out there holla @ me. One with original floyd would be supreme)
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:08 AM   #9209 (permalink)
Necrö
Now with Caramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
I see the drums have been tabbed, nice work, although snare will have to be 40 cuz I hate the 38 sound.

Here's what I got, it's just Arcane's tab with a few bars of drums.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rfoqbz

Roundtrip To Hell And Back:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bqwzbs

There are small bits that will need looking at, but it's 90% there.
I use 38 because 40 is a rimshot in every drum plugin I use when I record. And that just sounds like shit.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:27 AM   #9210 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Makes sense. I have had to convert a few gp4 files into different sounds for backing tracks.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM   #9211 (permalink)
DeadlyDevil1985

Sweet tab for roundtrip so far <-Warheart->. Your hard work is appreciated!
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM   #9212 (permalink)
Enemy242

anyone make any progress with Shovel Knockout? I was working on it last night but certain parts are just bugging the hell out of me; all i've figured out is basically the intro riff and lead/chorus section
http://www.thrashunlimited.com/forum...orum.php?f=176
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM   #9213 (permalink)
Necrö
Now with Caramel

I can't get past the intro riff. I just can't make it out. Lead section ain't that much of a problem. But the intro riff is really driving me mad.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM   #9214 (permalink)
Necrö
Now with Caramel

BTW, here's what the beginning of Relentless, Reckless Forever. It's pretty accurate so far, I think. I have more of the song figured out already, but haven't yet written it down.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #9215 (permalink)
El Palta!
Warmen's fan

I did the keyboard solo and part of the intro (but it sucks)

Shovel Knockout

-->YouTube
-->Soundcloud

Last edited by El Palta! : March 4th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:31 PM   #9216 (permalink)
P4T0U

How come the bass in the Living Dead Beat tab has 5 strings? Henkka plays with 4 on the DVD.

Oh ok.. It's tuned in ADGCF... WTF?

Last edited by P4T0U : March 3rd, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:14 PM   #9217 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Tabbed NMF again. Good to have the song in perfect quality now (thx M.). Necro, your attemp on NMF was really good but you still have a lot of mistakes in it. The basic chords were right most of the time but you have a lot of rythm mistakes in it, tabbed the wrong note but in the right chord and you used wrong harmonies in some places. I'm uploading it when I'm completely done with it. Still don't know about the drums. If Mitch would finish his drums you can compare which sounds better
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #9218 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

Away from all the tabbing going on, I just wanted to give the shout-out to all who contributed to the making of backing tracks; I'll be borrowing the SNBN BT for a performance tomorrow, and I'll make sure I'll give y'all proper credit (I suppose Epi specifically, but let me know if anyone else was involved). Thanks for making my life easier!

(And wish me luck, lol. I hope this doesn't fail quite as bad as last time I tried to do Downfall live >___< Performing CoB covers is really a do-or-die kind of thing.)

Last edited by Crzy_Aus : March 4th, 2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #9219 (permalink)
crawler64

Still tabbin' the shit out of the new bodom tracks warheart ? gr8 to see - It's been a time, but still this forum is the best bodom-TAB-Source on the net.
Warheart do you got some Backing Track Action goin' , i remember like 2 years ago or somethin' you did some backing tracks out of Bodom Tabs, is that still on the run ?

greetz crawler64

Hi this Alexi from Sinergy and Children of Bodom and ehhmm, We gonna play some songs for you and eehm
after them , I'm sort of break it down and eehm Show you some parts and exercises and licks EEhh Fast and SLOaahww and eeh also check out (high E-Chord) my Buddy Roope doing his thing .. ENJOY
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #9220 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

I can't wait to get home later and finish tabbing this stuff. Going to attempt to finish Roundtrip and hav a look at this updated NMF tab, will see if I can some more drums too and sort out that odd rhythm part, I haven't bothered to try and figure out the sequence yet. I'm at work listening to the album on my iPod so hopefully ill seriously love these songs in a week or so.

Crawler, nice to see you it's been a while since you posted! My backing tracks aren't as good as Epi's, I don't spent much time with stuff like that but I will do some with what I've got, which is addictive drums I think, haven't opened it in a while so can't remember exactly. Plus I lost my cool soundfont that allows me to use all the keyboard sounds from gp4 so keys might not be as nice as previous ones unless I can somehow magically find it!!

Last edited by <-Warheart-> : March 4th, 2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #9221 (permalink)
drawnacrol
7stringSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemy242 View Post
anyone make any progress with Shovel Knockout? I was working on it last night but certain parts are just bugging the hell out of me; all i've figured out is basically the intro riff and lead/chorus section
I tabbed it all out last night, I'll try and make a guitar pro tab but it always crashes on me and corrupts the file when I make a tab so I might just have to upload it in pdf/text
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #9222 (permalink)
crawler64

Yeah, it's true. I guess Blooddrunk was not exactly my taste, but now i've listened to some tracks of RRF and i gotta admit it brings me back to bodom
Epi is still active, as well ? Nice to hear. Can't wait to hear the BT of RRF.
Warheart do you actually got your youtube account goin, with some old footage of bodom ? You had some sweet videos of the SW / HB - Times. ( I'm not asking to upload that, i know that this is not permitted )

Hi this Alexi from Sinergy and Children of Bodom and ehhmm, We gonna play some songs for you and eehm
after them , I'm sort of break it down and eehm Show you some parts and exercises and licks EEhh Fast and SLOaahww and eeh also check out (high E-Chord) my Buddy Roope doing his thing .. ENJOY
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #9223 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

My old account was banned cuz of a video of dragonforce I had up and some Paul Gilbert stuff I uploaded that kept getting taken down by some Japanese prick. Oh well!
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #9224 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

^ Well, fuck. Youtube these days is full of shit.
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #9225 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrö View Post
BTW, here's what the beginning of Relentless, Reckless Forever. It's pretty accurate so far, I think. I have more of the song figured out already, but haven't yet written it down.
@ the translation of the title to German, why did you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.