Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #9226 (permalink)
Shadowsoul
Lost in SeventhWonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Palta! View Post
I did the keyboard solo and part of the intro (but it sucks)

Shovel Knockout
Awesome job on the solo dude, learning now, it's easier than it sounds
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #9227 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Is the FTR tab on the first page accurate?I'm not sure about something in the second solo but i'd wait for arcane or mitch...
-Is God willing to prevent evil,but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.-Is he able,but not willing?Then he is malevolent.-Is he both able,and willing?Then whence cometh evil?-Is he neither able nor willing?Then why call him God?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #9228 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andry_Wildchild View Post
Is the FTR tab on the first page accurate?I'm not sure about something in the second solo but i'd wait for arcane or mitch...
I didn't tab it but I might be able to help. What's the problem?
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #9229 (permalink)
Norbix

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Palta! View Post
I did the keyboard solo and part of the intro (but it sucks)

Shovel Knockout
Hmm. Bar 41 sound wrong to me, and the notes at the end of bar 42 should be tremelo picking I think. Also, personally I feel bar 44 is easier played like this

Old March 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #9230 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
I didn't tab it but I might be able to help. What's the problem?
Check bars 149-150 of the lead guitar(the solo)
-Is God willing to prevent evil,but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.-Is he able,but not willing?Then he is malevolent.-Is he both able,and willing?Then whence cometh evil?-Is he neither able nor willing?Then why call him God?
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #9231 (permalink)
Fret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andry_Wildchild View Post
Check bars 149-150 of the lead guitar(the solo)
Seems fine to me, what did you think was wrong with it?
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #9232 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Not My Funeral tab is coming along.

Arcane's guitars, Necro's bass, intro keys & drums with replaced snare sound (38 to 40) and I've added the pre-guitar solo guitar/keys harmony, added Janne's keyboard solo and corrected Alexi's guitar solo!!

I won't even bother with the verse riff, hopefully they'll do a video lesson on it because it's impossible to hear. Update soonish.
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #9233 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Use this tab http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2960894/Tabs/Beerdigung.gp4

I corrected the guitars and leads (+ Alexis solo) and keys and added the key solo (there you can compare mine and yours)

doing guitars for SKO now

Last edited by <Arcane> : March 4th, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:09 PM   #9234 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

I thought I'd just keep what I've got since our keys solos are pretty much exactly the same.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mwyq8u

Any guitar corrections can be made, I can't tell what's going on in the verse riff at all so will see if they demonstrate it in a Young Guitar DVD or something.

I didn't change those bars from the PM so they still need to be checked, I've used up all my energy doing the keyboard & guitar solo.
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #9235 (permalink)
<Arcane>

We really have nearly the same key solo. But you still have some few wrong notes in it. Alexis solo seems to be accurate now since we both corrected the same stuff (except bar 165 were I have one wrong note and bar 181 were you have one wrong note). Fingering is also different... Oh and check out bar 179... It's a short slide from a# to b

And shit, when I corrected that fast pciking thing in Alexis solo I had in my mind "it should be the same pattern as it is in the Hate me solo" but for some reason it didn't get it that it have to start with 12-9-11

The verse is a really hard thing. I know that the notes on the a string are correct but can't get the notes which are played on the e-string...

Last edited by <Arcane> : March 4th, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #9236 (permalink)
Deadbeat

You guys are doing an awsome job on the tabs much appreciated
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #9237 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

I didn't actually check 181 but I'd imagine it's an Eb Major scale over an Ebmaj chord but the possibility of Laiho hitting a wrong note is there.

I checked 179 and you're right but I'm leaning more towards an A slide to B, definitely not how I tabbed it though.
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #9238 (permalink)
<Arcane>

In 181 I mean that it starts with 18-17-15 not 18-16-15... Whatever... Going to bed now. I hate it when a new album comes out because the only thing I do then is to tab, learn and record those songs which sucks because I have to do a lot of other things instead of this shit
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #9239 (permalink)
Fastbodom
I Spit on Your Grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post
In 181 I mean that it starts with 18-17-15 not 18-16-15... Whatever... Going to bed now. I hate it when a new album comes out because the only thing I do then is to tab, learn and record those songs which sucks because I have to do a lot of other things instead of this shit
hey buddy
a quick OFFtopic

u on msn ?

nvm u where going to bed hah

Edwards E-AL-120 Alexi Scythe EMG- HZ-H4 - MM-04
Edwards E-AL-120 Alexi Arrowhead EMG- HZ-H4 - MM-04
Jackson RR Alexi Wildchild Replica Jackson J-50BC - JE-1000
Jackson RR Alexi Green pinstripe replica J50BC - JE-1000
Jackson RR24 yellow black J50BC- JE-1000
Marshall MG-100-DFX
Lee Jackson GP-1000 88 Model modded.
Rocktron intellifex Online,
Lee Jackson SP-1000
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #9240 (permalink)
yahamart

hey i think i have found a little little error on chorus of Not My Funeral ... it about the 14 bend in the lead.... im not sure but check it out... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22648330/Not...20Funeral1.gp4
Old March 5th, 2011, 04:30 AM   #9241 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post
Yeah I know, but since the rhythm guitars play Eb, 18-16-15 would make more sense but I will slow it right down late and check for sure.

I made a bit more progress on Roundtrip last night, should be able to finish it later tonight hopefully.
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #9242 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Holy fuck you guys are fast! I am oficially useless at this. I'm giving a go at learning the rest of RRF (I think was Necro that tabbed a part of it) and I just can't figure out wtf is going on I just suck at learning songs by ear, and I hate it. Luckily I have you guys haha, thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #9243 (permalink)
MaximHateCrew
~ Needled 24/7 ~

Yep thank you very much!

Last edited by MaximHateCrew : March 5th, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #9244 (permalink)
MPH

Northpole Throwdown

This is my first gp tab ever so there might be some mistakes. At least drums and bass probably aren't 100% accurate, but I tried to make everything else as well as I could. And also I have no idea how the ending of the synth solo goes. It would be nice if someone else could figure those parts out

Last edited by MPH : March 5th, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old March 5th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #9245 (permalink)
The_Riddler

Lightbulb unrealistic need your help (

You've got laid out on the GTP Inearthed Shining II, but they do not open (((who has? You can throw me? Hell ask, beg, hell I want to play !!!!!If yes, send me the soap NIk_death@bk.ru! I will wait for an answer! hell, IneartheD it's cool!
Sorry for my bad English)
Old March 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #9246 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Northpole Throwdown

This is my first gp tab ever so there might be some mistakes. At least drums and bass probably aren't 100% accurate, but I tried to make everything else as well as I could. And also I have no idea how the ending of the synth solo goes. It would be nice if someone else could figure those parts out
That is fucking quality haha, impressive shit!! I'm gonna export to GP4, change kick to 36 and when I've sorted out my server I'll upload to first post.

Had a couple of problems with it a few months back so can't update anything atm...
Old March 5th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #9247 (permalink)
MaximHateCrew
~ Needled 24/7 ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
That is fucking quality haha, impressive shit!! I'm gonna export to GP4, change kick to 36 and when I've sorted out my server I'll upload to first post.

Had a couple of problems with it a few months back so can't update anything atm...
By the way you still have to add my 'Warm Up' tab (from the Rock House method) to the first post.

My Youtube Channel

My wannabe COB gear collection:
- ESP Katakana + LTD Roope 600 + Korg X5D
- Lee Jackson GP-1000 (88') + Alesis QuadraVerb + Boss SD-1 + Roland JV-2080

Last edited by MaximHateCrew : March 5th, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old March 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #9248 (permalink)
DeadlyDevil1985

Hows the Roundtrip to hell tab going?
Old March 6th, 2011, 03:16 AM   #9249 (permalink)
innuenDO
Pottwahl

@Mitch: If you are having serious problems with your server and cant get it to run the way you want it. Then PM me. I have my own FTP.
It's just like my acting is a little bit limited due to me not being home and having to struggle in a developing country.

My Tabs on UG
Old March 6th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #9250 (permalink)
Necrö
Now with Caramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
@ the translation of the title to German, why did you do that?
Because it kind of sounds funny. And also, you can raise your fist and yell "FÜR IMMER!" in a sinister, supervillain-type voice. It's awesome!