Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 14th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #1201 (permalink)
xshadowsoulsx
Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conti
Actually this is very true for I say it a lot,I prefer my guitar to have low tension and very low action. I just cannot play very good when I pickup someones guitar who has the tension supper high and the strings 2 cms on the fretboard.
But still, a guitar is pretty much a guitar. I mean, you'll probably have a little trouble if it is set up differently. But your not gonna be absolutly horrible, and not be able to play anything. But this kid was a huge faggot, he said he played in a band called At The Gates (which I knew wasnt true at all, because he had never been in a band). But when I asked for some of the music, he gave me songs off of the Slaughter of the Soul album (the real At the Gates). And later when I confronted him about it, he lied and said he was in a different ATG and he lied about giving me a cd with songs from Slaughter of the Soul. But he moved, and I never have to listen to another one of his lies again.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 14th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #1202 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshadowsoulsx
But still, a guitar is pretty much a guitar. I mean, you'll probably have a little trouble if it is set up differently. But your not gonna be absolutly horrible, and not be able to play anything. But this kid was a huge faggot, he said he played in a band called At The Gates (which I knew wasnt true at all, because he had never been in a band). But when I asked for some of the music, he gave me songs off of the Slaughter of the Soul album (the real At the Gates). And later when I confronted him about it, he lied and said he was in a different ATG and he lied about giving me a cd with songs from Slaughter of the Soul. But he moved, and I never have to listen to another one of his lies again.
There is a disease like that, i don't know the exact name for it in english. But it's serious and nothing to laugh about really, but you do get annoyed by the people that are like that
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 14th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #1203 (permalink)
Ben Johnson
SSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I knew a guy who put a bunch of Hatebreeder and Something Wild songs on a cd and he told me (and a lot of other people) it was his band.

Some of them fell for it too. Rest assured though, I made sure they knew the guy was a total douchebag poser.
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #1204 (permalink)
xshadowsoulsx
Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhe
There is a disease like that, i don't know the exact name for it in english. But it's serious and nothing to laugh about really, but you do get annoyed by the people that are like that
A disease like what?

Old October 14th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #1205 (permalink)
xshadowsoulsx
Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Johnson
I knew a guy who put a bunch of Hatebreeder and Something Wild songs on a cd and he told me (and a lot of other people) it was his band.

Some of them fell for it too. Rest assured though, I made sure they knew the guy was a total douchebag poser.
yeah. I forgot, he also told people that his brother was the singer of A.F.I. and people actually believed him. People will just about believe anything now-a-days.

Old October 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM   #1206 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
A disease like what?
In sweden, a person with that disease/condition is called a "mytoman". They lie about everything, often not intentional either. I haven't really done my homework on it, but i knew a person like that aswell.
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #1207 (permalink)
-[chop]-
Sober alcoholic!

LoL @ mytomaner!!!!
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:01 PM   #1208 (permalink)
xshadowsoulsx
Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhe
In sweden, a person with that disease/condition is called a "mytoman". They lie about everything, often not intentional either. I haven't really done my homework on it, but i knew a person like that aswell.
Well, I dont think he had a disease, he was just a douchebag

Old October 14th, 2006, 02:16 PM   #1209 (permalink)
Ben Johnson
SSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote:
Well, I dont think he had a disease, he was just a douchebag
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_liar

The world is full of 'em.
Old October 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #1210 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721
is there a bodom song with no sweeping in it?
Black Widow
Downfall
Follow the Reaper
Hate Me
Needled 24/7
Chokehold
Are You Dead Yet?
In Your Face

Wow, I just realised how many songs actually do have sweep picking in them, most of them from Hatebreeder do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alachi
You can play Bed of Razor without that sweep, and IMHO that is not a sweep (like in Punch Me i Bleed) but an arpeggio. Alexi picks every single note (even if the scale is the same used for a sweep) not with just a downstroke so it is not a "sweep"
sorry for my bad english
Alexi sweeps the arpeggios in the interlude, I'm not sure if that's the one's you're talking about though...
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #1211 (permalink)
Everytime i Die
Shred Master

ive really gotta learn how to sweep!

Old October 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #1212 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Then learn!
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:05 PM   #1213 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart->
Alexi sweeps the arpeggios in the interlude, I'm not sure if that's the one's you're talking about though...
yeah that's the sweeping i was talking about with the 5 and then 6 string sweep. but i think even the little sweep in the beginning with the 3 strings sounds better when sweeped rather than picked individually. this is what i'm talking about:

e--15--------------14--13------------12
b------14-------13--------12-------11--
g---------15-14--------------13-12-----
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #1214 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721
^ yeah that's the sweeping i was talking about with the 5 and then 6 string sweep. but i think even the little sweep in the beginning with the 3 strings sounds better when sweeped rather than picked individually. this is what i'm talking about:

e--15--------------14--13------------12
b------14-------13--------12-------11--
g---------15-14--------------13-12-----
I play it like this?

E-15---------14--
B---14-----13----
G-----12-11------

I'm going to try it your way and see if it's easier for me.
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #1215 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

haha ok, i'm trying to play it your way right now
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #1216 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

I think my way is a little easier but I think it's because I've played it that way ever since I learnt it. If I wanted to change, it'd be easy enough.

I actually manged to sort out the end of that chorus melody the other day too so I can play that without any trouble now, yayz.
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #1217 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

yeah, i actually find your way a little easier if you're going to use sweeping for that part.
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #1218 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

It must be 'cause you don't really have to move your fingers at all, except down one fret each time. There's a lead into the chorus that I haven't figured out yet, I think the tab is wrong. But when I think about it, I don't care either.
Old October 14th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #1219 (permalink)
666laiho_4evacobhc
The office is clothes.

For anyone, who care i just made something and i wanted your opinion on it (its in gp4, unlike like the other one) so give it a shot! http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...EF2EF74CE19246
In fact, I think everyone who is named Adam is named after Adam West, because Adam West is Batman. Even the original Adam was named after Adam West. God knew Adam West would come, so he named the first man after him. And then he named Eve after East, the direction opposite of West, which is Adam West's last name. Because he wanted it to be subtle. God is just that sly.
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #1220 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Pretty cool. It's got some Bodom style things in it but at the same time sounds kinda piraty in places too. I don't really know what to say except for describing how it sounds. *shrugs*
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #1221 (permalink)
666laiho_4evacobhc
The office is clothes.

lol, i never thought about the pirate thing but now that you mention it yeah, it remind me of somethind like that!
In fact, I think everyone who is named Adam is named after Adam West, because Adam West is Batman. Even the original Adam was named after Adam West. God knew Adam West would come, so he named the first man after him. And then he named Eve after East, the direction opposite of West, which is Adam West's last name. Because he wanted it to be subtle. God is just that sly.
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #1222 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

First off, it's that keyboard sound you used, that immediately sounds like it to me. The 2nd half doesn't though, can't really think of what it sounds like.
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #1223 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DJ_british_motard_
For anyone, who care i just made something and i wanted your opinion on it (its in gp4, unlike like the other one) so give it a shot! http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...EF2EF74CE19246
that's pretty neat. i can totally hear some bodom influences in this song. like measure 20 sounds like a part from kissing the shadows and then at measure 30 i recognize the same notes from the bed of razors chorus...but good job! better than mine anyway
Old October 14th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #1224 (permalink)
xshadowsoulsx
Sexy

Here's something I did a little while ago that I like...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...9E99EF2FFC8931

Im not to sure about the keyboard part though, any help would be great.

Old October 15th, 2006, 02:14 AM   #1225 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Here's something I did a little while ago that I like...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...9E99EF2FFC8931

Im not to sure about the keyboard part though, any help would be great.
That was cool. Reminded me a bit of Ensiferum and that battle type stuff. Also the keyboard bit sounded like Downfall, probably just because of the sound used and the way it was structured.

Last edited by <-Warheart-> : October 15th, 2006 at 02:20 AM.