Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (11) Thread Tools
Old January 4th, 2008, 05:39 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #801 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

I really, really, REALLY hope this doesn't mean that Alexi sings in some of the songs, or in other words, uses clean vocals Otherwise this band will fuck up the same way In Flames did.
Old January 4th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #802 (permalink)
Chamet
Keepin' it bonzer

There is an interview in scythes of bodom where alexi says that there is no way bodom are gonna have clean vocals and become a metalcore band...so I doubt they'll have clean vocals in the new album.
Hopefully there's some death metal ocals in there
Old January 4th, 2008, 06:04 AM   #803 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

good to know, thanks.
Old January 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM   #804 (permalink)
the phenom

yeah! I really hope new vocals means like the vocals on FTR and HCDR...coolish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #805 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Maybe something like the stuff on Tie My Rope first half

The Hoff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #806 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
Maybe something like the stuff on Tie My Rope first half
The Vocals there suck...alexi said he didn't like the vocals either there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #807 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Assuming he doesn't like TMR vocals and he also says that he would not sing clean, I just can't get what he has done, which leds to more need to hear the album. Hope it ends up beeing a really kickass album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:13 AM   #808 (permalink)
valkokukka
I can still feel it

@sleeper666: thank you for posting that interview.

New vocals sounds interesting and keyboards too.
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #809 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
Assuming he doesn't like TMR vocals and he also says that he would not sing clean, I just can't get what he has done, which leds to more need to hear the album. Hope it ends up beeing a really kickass album.
Maybe he does some death grunts this time, ala Amon Amarth or Cannibal Corpse. It's the only other vocal style I can think of.
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoda77 View Post
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #810 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phenom View Post
The Vocals there suck...alexi said he didn't like the vocals either there!
I'm talking about the long vocals. (I know the vocals in general suck in TMR demo, I wasn't talking about that.) He does a little of that in the song HCDR also.

The Hoff
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:43 AM   #811 (permalink)
arvoitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttock1234 View Post
Maybe he does some death grunts this time, ala Amon Amarth or Cannibal Corpse. It's the only other vocal style I can think of.
I think of a more thrashy vocal sound.
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:50 AM   #812 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
I'm talking about the long vocals. (I know the vocals in general suck in TMR demo, I wasn't talking about that.) He does a little of that in the song HCDR also.
You mean holiding his voice like for a long scream like Angel Of Death's beggining??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:16 AM   #813 (permalink)
lory
Lorean I.A.E Devon

I just hope the new album wouldn´t be like this blooddrunk...
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #814 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

Didn't you know? The Hate Crew supports the Confederacy
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #815 (permalink)
innuenDO
Pottwahl

what the fuck is the guy on the left doing?

My Tabs on UG
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #816 (permalink)
MetalDoRk666

their new songs are pretty freaking awesome cant wait till its out on sale
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:03 AM   #817 (permalink)
MetalDoRk666

Quote:
Originally Posted by lory View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t--V7...eature=related
hah! kewl vid.. i know COB's new album is gonna be awesome
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:28 AM   #818 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaDoRk666 View Post
their new songs are pretty freaking awesome cant wait till its out on sale
This is an assumption based on the impression of things you've heard about it. But I agree, I'm guessing it's gonna be my fave album.

The Hoff
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #819 (permalink)
Mimi
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lory View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t--V7...eature=related
Wtf???
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #820 (permalink)
Hellx
Bodom After Midnight

yoooo, sorry if this has already been reported but

In the latest issue of Kerrang, Alexi spoke about the new album, and has revealed the names of all of the songs, and spoke about what each one is about

Hellhounds On My Trail
"It's about the basic idea of what I don't like about my life. Stupid shit that I've done in the past coming back to haunt me. It's about when mistakes you've made in the past come back around and you have to face them again, but at the same time you just think 'I don't fucking care anymore', because it's in the past."

Blooddrunk
"I used to be really fucked in the head a few years ago. I used to cut myself and all that kind of stupid, crazy shit. So the idea of Blooddrunk is the idea of being addicted to spilling your own blood. Not just about cutting yourself though. Like I've broken bones in accidents, but at the same time, afterwards it feels almost intentional. But I'm done with that shit now."

Lobodomy
"There are a lot of reasons to be pissed off in this fucking world, and this song is about how easy it can be to get pissed off at shit that doesn't matter. I made the mistake of looking on an internet forum and reading what all these fucking internet tough-guys were saying about us. You know, the people who are tough on a computer, but they're fucking pussies because they'd never say that shit to your face. If someone came up to me and said, 'Dude, I think you fucking suck', then I'd have some respect for them having the balls to do that. This song is just a big 'fuck you' to pussies who talk shit but never directly to you. I never normally read our press, or what people say about us on the internet. But if you do it accidentally, you may as well write a song about it."

One Day You Will Cry
"I'm not a fucking poet, I'm a guitar player, so all my lyrics come from pretty much the same sort of stuff, you know? It's about how sometimes I just feel like the worst fucking person in the world as I've hurt so many fucking people. But in the end, I just don't give a fuck. I think a lot of people go through feelings like that, and they get hung up on it and it makes them feel bad. But there's nothing you can do about things you've done, so why worry about them? Just don't make the same mistake again."

Smile Pretty For The Devil
"This is another one about how you shouldn't worry too much about what's happened before, you should make sure you do better in the future. You've probably noticed that nearly all my songs are all about the same thing: I don't give a fuck!"

Tie My Rope
"Vocals for this band are just another instrument. But it's a good way to let out crap feelings, when you can yell and scream and stuff. But I'm not Bob Dylan, he had a lot of shit to say, and he said it really well. This song is just about almost vomiting out all your bad feelings in a big, shitty ball of puke."

Roundtrip 2 Hell And Back (Working Title)
"When you feel really shitty, if you let it get you down, it gets worse. You just have to pick yourself up again, no matter how bad things get. Things will always get better. Unless you end up in jail, haha! That's when you have to start giving a fuck, but apart from that, you don't need to worry about things being shit. You just have to concentrate on keeping on going."

Roadkill Morning
"It's about the worst fucking hangover you've ever had! This happens a lot in this band! It's pretty violent how bad you can feel when you're that hungover after a night of partying. I wouldn't want to hear this song if I was feeling like that! Metal doesn't do you any good if you've got a hangover."
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #821 (permalink)
innuenDO
Pottwahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellx View Post

Lobodomy
I made the mistake of looking on an internet forum and reading what all these fucking internet tough-guys were saying about us. You know, the people who are tough on a computer, but they're fucking pussies because they'd never say that shit to your face. If someone came up to me and said, 'Dude, I think you fucking suck', then I'd have some respect for them having the balls to do that. This song is just a big 'fuck you' to pussies who talk shit but never directly to you. I never normally read our press, or what people say about us on the internet. But if you do it accidentally, you may as well write a song about it."
Finally a song dedicated to the fans

Where is the bodom related song? Not really Lobodomy?

My Tabs on UG
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM   #822 (permalink)
Chamet
Keepin' it bonzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellx View Post
yoooo, sorry if this has already been reported but

In the latest issue of Kerrang, Alexi spoke about the new album, and has revealed the names of all of the songs, and spoke about what each one is about

Hellhounds On My Trail
"It's about the basic idea of what I don't like about my life. Stupid shit that I've done in the past coming back to haunt me. It's about when mistakes you've made in the past come back around and you have to face them again, but at the same time you just think 'I don't fucking care anymore', because it's in the past."

Blooddrunk
"I used to be really fucked in the head a few years ago. I used to cut myself and all that kind of stupid, crazy shit. So the idea of Blooddrunk is the idea of being addicted to spilling your own blood. Not just about cutting yourself though. Like I've broken bones in accidents, but at the same time, afterwards it feels almost intentional. But I'm done with that shit now."

Lobodomy
"There are a lot of reasons to be pissed off in this fucking world, and this song is about how easy it can be to get pissed off at shit that doesn't matter. I made the mistake of looking on an internet forum and reading what all these fucking internet tough-guys were saying about us. You know, the people who are tough on a computer, but they're fucking pussies because they'd never say that shit to your face. If someone came up to me and said, 'Dude, I think you fucking suck', then I'd have some respect for them having the balls to do that. This song is just a big 'fuck you' to pussies who talk shit but never directly to you. I never normally read our press, or what people say about us on the internet. But if you do it accidentally, you may as well write a song about it."

One Day You Will Cry
"I'm not a fucking poet, I'm a guitar player, so all my lyrics come from pretty much the same sort of stuff, you know? It's about how sometimes I just feel like the worst fucking person in the world as I've hurt so many fucking people. But in the end, I just don't give a fuck. I think a lot of people go through feelings like that, and they get hung up on it and it makes them feel bad. But there's nothing you can do about things you've done, so why worry about them? Just don't make the same mistake again."

Smile Pretty For The Devil
"This is another one about how you shouldn't worry too much about what's happened before, you should make sure you do better in the future. You've probably noticed that nearly all my songs are all about the same thing: I don't give a fuck!"

Tie My Rope
"Vocals for this band are just another instrument. But it's a good way to let out crap feelings, when you can yell and scream and stuff. But I'm not Bob Dylan, he had a lot of shit to say, and he said it really well. This song is just about almost vomiting out all your bad feelings in a big, shitty ball of puke."

Roundtrip 2 Hell And Back (Working Title)
"When you feel really shitty, if you let it get you down, it gets worse. You just have to pick yourself up again, no matter how bad things get. Things will always get better. Unless you end up in jail, haha! That's when you have to start giving a fuck, but apart from that, you don't need to worry about things being shit. You just have to concentrate on keeping on going."

Roadkill Morning
"It's about the worst fucking hangover you've ever had! This happens a lot in this band! It's pretty violent how bad you can feel when you're that hungover after a night of partying. I wouldn't want to hear this song if I was feeling like that! Metal doesn't do you any good if you've got a hangover."
Really cool. thanks for sharing.
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #823 (permalink)
arvoitus

I think this is the correct tracklist:
01. Hellhounds On My Trail
02. Blooddrunk
03. LoBodomy
04. One Day You Will Cry
05. Smile Pretty For The Devil
06. Tie My Rope
07. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing
08. Banned From Heaven
09. Roadkill Morning
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #824 (permalink)
Bodomonkey

Old January 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #825 (permalink)
Celeb

Well, the tracklist...some titles that reminds old COB, some titles that...are new.

I really have to think about this for a while...I still believe its gonna be good album