Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (11) Thread Tools
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #1051 (permalink)
lory
Lorean I.A.E Devon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean hughes View Post
dunno if any one has allready posted it but according to www.play.com this is the blooddrunk album art
I find it really cool

Last edited by lory : January 18th, 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #1052 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

This is like the scene in HCDR 1sec later

The Hoff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #1053 (permalink)
vikk
parangaricutirimicuaro

it doesn't look a good edit, its pretty out of focus and the blood seems too fake. if its is really the cover, i hope they get a better quallity one
Old January 18th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #1054 (permalink)
Fetzer
Dr. uıʌǝʞ

Well, if it's the real cover, I like it. More "artsy" than the other one. Reminds me of some cover by early Metal band.
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #1055 (permalink)
Necrö
Now with Caramel

the blood looks cheap.

Old January 18th, 2008, 03:17 PM   #1056 (permalink)
deeptallica
St.Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Moore View Post
From English Metal Hammer

UK's Metal Hammer magazine flew to Helsinki to interview Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM recently to get the lowdown on their new album, "Blooddrunk". Frontman Alexi Laiho and keyboard player Janne Wirman were on hand to spill the beans.

1. Hellhounds On My Trail

Alexi: It isn't literally about beasts from the pits of Hell chasing you. It's about stupid things that youve done in the past that come back to haunt you. Whatever. At the end you still don't give a fuck!

Janne: Musically, it has become one of my favourites. In rehearsals you dont really hear his (Alexi) vocals but after everything got put together I became a fan of the first song.

2. Blooddrunk

Alexi: It's about being addicted to spilling your own blood. When I was younger, ten years ago I used to cut myself and all that shit. It's not necessarily just about cutting yourself but about other things you do to yourself and you don't know why. That's the theme of the album.

Janne: It is the first song since our debut album that has that triplet thing, so it feels really fresh musically.

3. LoBodomy

Janne: This is the most difficult to play. It's very aggressive. It's kind of progressive and all that shit.

Alexi: The whole song is super fucking angry. It's got that vibe to it: "These guys are super fucking pissed off!"

4. One Day You Will Cry

Janne: That was one of my favorites from the beginning.

Alexi: Same here. It's very melodic and so forth but it's also like a punch in the face. Especially with this song, I'm really happy with the vocals. It came out like world music! (starts laughing)

Janne: Compared to some of our other stuff, it's almost like pop music! But it's cool.

5. Smile Pretty For The Devil

Janne: It's based on a female character we know and that's all I can say! Is it about sexual perversion? I wish.

6. Tie My Rope (new version)

Janne: We didn't have that much interest in doing this song because we'd already recorded it once for this Bam Margera compilation "Viva La Bands Vol. 2". Even though it's a good song, it feels like there is no challenge left.

Alexi: But I definitely feel that the new version is better.

7. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing

Alexi: It was nothing but trouble this song. We went through a million riffs and a million fucking arrangements and it always sounded like fucking shit no matter what we tried to do. And then we finally got it down but even in the studio it was a fucking drag. It was always missing something. Even after recording it we had to go back to it and change it again. But then finally we got the new chorus and it all fell into place.

Janne: Before that it sounded like a parody of black metal!

8. Banned From Heaven

Alexi: This is my favorite to play. It is our slow song. It's like an old-school death metal ballad! It's very melodic, it's got a lot of rhythm and bass riffs on it.

9. Roadkill Morning

Alexi: We never had any extra songs, we put everything on the album but this time around we did actually have ten songs but we joined two of them together to become "Roadkill Morning" the last song on the album about having a hangover. When you get up and you feel like you've been hit by a truck. Luckily, the two songs had a similar kind of rhythm!
That's very cool. I still have no idea what to expect from the new album, but I get exited because of all this stuff. I hope it's worth it I'm really curious about One Day You Will Cry and Banned From Heaven. The way they spoke about it, it seems like these two are really different from the rest of the album.
Thanks for posting, it's interesting
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #1057 (permalink)
Fetzer
Dr. uıʌǝʞ

By the way, I really doubt this is the official cover art... it would have been on COBHC or at least Scythes Of Bodom before anything in my opinion
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #1058 (permalink)
deeptallica
St.Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetzer View Post
By the way, I really doubt this is the official cover art... it would have been on COBHC or at least Scythes Of Bodom before anything in my opinion
It is on SOB...
Old January 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #1059 (permalink)
FearTheReaper

I think its cool and all that they did something new.But at the same time i would like to see the reaper.Its like what the fuck? It doesn't seem like a COB album cover to me,more like Slayer.
Old January 18th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #1060 (permalink)
Muffin
Dawn

I miss the 1 colour covers. They were so much smoother and nicer.

Its cool though. If its the real one that is.
Old January 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #1061 (permalink)
grey knight
Etheraven

That cover is pretty cool and it has really CoB feeling in it, althrough I wish it's not that one because they had black album already, I was waiting for white or purple theme for this one, more likely white because it would have a nice kind of systematicy with the other albums, red-green, blue-orange, black and then this, I think this sucks, it could have had something like avalanche theme on it, but it's alright as long as it even looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheReaper View Post
I think its cool and all that they did something new.But at the same time i would like to see the reaper.Its like what the fuck? It doesn't seem like a COB album cover to me,more like Slayer.
It does have reaper in it, and it becomes more clear as you look at it, first it looked like an explosion, then I noticed (immediately) that it was blood, then I noticed the scythe and so on.

Edit: Oh fuck now I think I get it! it's like from these Bodom victim's point of view, and the reaper swings with the scythe through the dark tentwallthing, If you look at it you can see that the sky is actually white! (if it's a sky, I'm not sure, I think that the dark thing around the picture could be also bushes or something, dunno.)

I don't know, but it could be that afterall, we get a white themed album.

But also I'm not sure but I think that Aydy could also be "the white album", I don't own it so I don't know if it has more black or white...

Last edited by grey knight : January 18th, 2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #1062 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey knight View Post
That cover is pretty cool and it has really CoB feeling in it, althrough I wish it's not that one because they had black album already, I was waiting for white or purple theme for this one, more likely white because it would have a nice kind of systematicy with the other albums, red-green, blue-orange, black and then this, I think this sucks, it could have had something like avalanche theme on it, but it's alright as long as it even looks good.

It does have reaper in it, and it becomes more clear as you look at it, first it looked like an explosion, then I noticed (immediately) that it was blood, then I noticed the scythe and so on.

Edit: Oh fuck now I think I get it! it's like from these Bodom victim's point of view, and the reaper swings with the scythe through the dark tentwallthing, If you look at it you can see that the sky is actually white! (if it's a sky, I'm not sure, I think that the dark thing around the picture could be also bushes or something, dunno.)

I don't know, but it could be that afterall, we get a white themed album.

But also I'm not sure but I think that Aydy could also be "the white album", I don't own it so I don't know if it has more black or white...
It was a bit blurry when i first saw it. I got the instant flashback of a game and realised the blood looks like the graphics in RE3 on PSX Well its cool that way too but they should make it a BIT clearer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #1063 (permalink)
Nerve
Record Collector

Fuck, is that the real cover !? looks like some underground grind/death metal one.. I hope it will be worked on harder, because this one just looks made on Photofiltre by some noob.

And I don't know why, but I imagine BFH like a mix of Pain's Just Think Again, Hypocrisy's Living to Die and Punch Me I Bleed. I'm more and more curious to hear the album.

"Music is not product, music is not software, music is not content. (...) It's fucking art. I've always loved the idea of the album as the equivalent of a novel, or a great film. You wouldn't pick up a novel and read chapter 6 and then read chapter 1 and then read chapter 13; you wouldn't rent a DVD and watch the middle of the movie before you watch the beginning."
- Steven Wilson
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #1064 (permalink)
Shadowalias345

I think the cover is pretty fuckin' cool
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #1065 (permalink)
vikk
parangaricutirimicuaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey knight View Post
Avalanch? WTF! SNOWhounds On My Trail!
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #1066 (permalink)
grey knight
Etheraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikk View Post
Avalanch? WTF! SNOWhounds On My Trail!
IF it had white color theme, avalanche is just the first thing that comes to mind when thinkin about something deadly and white...
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Enemy242

wow i don't realy like the cover, hopefully thats just the one for the single. it looks pretty amaturish and i was hoping for a more one color thing like the other albums, that was always something cool that really stood out to me and this just seems computer generated and not so great, especially the blooddrunk text.
http://www.thrashunlimited.com/forum...orum.php?f=176
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #1068 (permalink)
Slash Hammett

I actually like it, well the cover is not that important after all
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #1069 (permalink)
Chairman Kaga

The cover sucks.
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #1070 (permalink)
Kochon
Fuck.

Totally

The darkest souls are not those wich choose to exist within the hell of the abyss,
but those wich choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us.
Old January 19th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #1071 (permalink)
Kritic

Oh no! The cover sucks?!?!? That means the album is gonna suck?!? Wow, the people that constantly trash the tracklist and album art are pathetic.
Old January 19th, 2008, 01:52 AM   #1072 (permalink)
Enemy242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritic View Post
Oh no! The cover sucks?!?!? That means the album is gonna suck?!? Wow, the people that constantly trash the tracklist and album art are pathetic.
i'm pretty sure not many of the people here said since the tracklist and cover are bad, the album is going to suck. also there are some people who aren't fanboys and like to voice their opinion on the tracks and cover art. its not their fault you're a raving fanboy who worships the ground cob steps on.
http://www.thrashunlimited.com/forum...orum.php?f=176
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:11 AM   #1073 (permalink)
Chairman Kaga

i can barely even see the reaper in the picture.
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:36 AM   #1074 (permalink)
Hellhounds On My Trail
\m/ Greek Metalhead \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean hughes View Post
dunno if any one has allready posted it but according to www.play.com this is the blooddrunk album art http://images.play.com/covers/4929625x.jpg
Thanks for that, the cover is fucking awsome!
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:50 AM   #1075 (permalink)
Kritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemy242 View Post
i'm pretty sure not many of the people here said since the tracklist and cover are bad, the album is going to suck. also there are some people who aren't fanboys and like to voice their opinion on the tracks and cover art. its not their fault you're a raving fanboy who worships the ground cob steps on.
COB isn't even one of my favorite bands smartass. Yes, people constantly trash the tracklist and I suppose I was out of line bringing opinions on the cover art into it. There should be a new section on this forum where people can judge an album before they've even heard it. People have too much spare time, I guess.