Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (11) Thread Tools
Old October 13th, 2007, 04:00 AM   #101 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

10 songs? That's a bit too crazy for my liking. I seriously doubt they'd abandon the "9 song per album" thing they started with Hatebreeder, this far into their career.

Maybe one of the 10 songs is a B-side or something, like Knuckleduster was. Then we get 9 album songs, and 3 covers and a B-side to distribute amongst the single(s). Makes sense, does it not?
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoda77 View Post
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 13th, 2007, 04:21 AM   #102 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

^ Buttock I agree with you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 13th, 2007, 06:00 AM   #103 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

^You mean they'd release that 10th not-so-good song like a B-single song? So the release would have the actual single title song, another song plus a cover song? Well there's theory..

The Hoff
Old October 13th, 2007, 11:13 AM   #104 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

I *think* they'll release a single (1 album song (X) and a B-side (Y) and possibly a cover (Z1)), an album containing 9 songs (incl. X) and they'll use Y + Z1, Z2, and Z3 (the covers) as bonustracks on different releases.

it looks like math now :|
Old October 14th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #105 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

It's so fucking silent on the news and this forum and it's Sunday so let's speculate..

What the hell is up with the working title Pekingin kasvis? Maybe the actual song title will be Bei Jing Vegetable Springroll Can anyone remember if they publicly used working titles for songs on the previous albums? I was only around when AYDY? was being made but can't recall anything like this.

The titles Eka & Toka (First & Second).. does this mean the order at which they came up with new songs, or the order at which they already know the album will start?

It's also good to know as confirmed that they have a Slow song again.

What about a Bodom -themed song? Wonder which one that will be..

I remember 2005 spring in an interview Alexi gave out song names Punch Me I Bleed & Bastards Of Bodom. I hope there will be a similar interview during this studio errand. Did Alexi give out the names Roundtrip 2 Hell and Back & Pretty for the Devil just for taste and to increase the intensity of the wait?

Does Alexi have the lyrics ready?

Btw, in case some of you didn't know.. When COB entered the studio to record AYDY?, Alexi didn't have lyrics for three songs. I thought those songs were IYWP, Next in Line and Bastards Of Bodom, but no, they were actually Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet? and We're Not Gonna Fall, which he used time drinking on his balcony and just thinking about the lyrics, and he figured they were the best lyrics he'd written..

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : October 14th, 2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old October 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #106 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

yeah Alexi makes lyrics in a strange way...

He came up with the lyrics on most SW tracks in the studio, and I like those songs soo much

And I think the 'first, second' is the order they came up with the songs, that makes the most sense. However, one theory doesn't have to exclude the other right?
Old October 14th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #107 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
Does Alexi have the lyrics ready?
It says all the songs are COMPLETE and to my logic a complete song includes lyrics...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old October 14th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #108 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

well,alexi isn't known to be precisely someone very fused with the lyrics(live he only sings something recognisable on AYDY songs and on the choruses),and as AndreasS has said,most of SW or all were written in the studio.and btw,in case someone doesn't know:kissing the shadows wasn't even composed when they entered the studio for ftr,but alexi felt like the album was too short and composed kissing the shadows(the whole song,not the lyrics)in the studio and added it to the album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old October 15th, 2007, 01:45 AM   #109 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

This album will most likely have 10 songs It'll fucking rule.. I'm not expecting as good soloing as on Hatebreeder, but if the songs are really heavy and fast and cool then it'll rock.. Tie My Rope sounds kind of "unnatural", but I think at least the guitar sound could change somewhat.

The Hoff
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:18 AM   #110 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

'This album will most likely have 10 songs'

Unless you got some info I didn't read yet, that's your opinion and NOT fact. you could say: 'I think the album..' or 'I hope the album..'. but by stating this the way you did you're just spreading rumours.
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:20 AM   #111 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Yea but they said they'll have 9-10 songs depending whether they're happy with this black sheep song or not, and recently they stated they are happy with every song.

I hope the only downside to this album is that it's coming too late.

The Hoff
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:32 AM   #112 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

ok, just include your argument then, because now your statement DOES make sense

and I'd rather wait a year longer for a kickass album then have a load of shit tomorrow.
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:11 AM   #113 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Well, now they've had more time than ever, so there can be no excuses if the album is a disappointment. This time it's not like Spinefarm gave us 14 days to compose 8 songs.. I think this album was originally scheduled for release this autumn.. but they had 5 songs ready last spring, and now the rest, so it should be really good..

The Hoff
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #114 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

lets hope you're right,because even though I like both AYDY? and Tie My Roope,I don't think another AYDY? whould be enugh.they CAN compose better(SW,FTR,HB and HCD prove it),son if they have had time,then there's no excuse for a shitty album.

Quote:
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #115 (permalink)
inhe

I would like some riffs more in the style of Sinergy and AYDY, instead of powerchords with melodies on top.
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #116 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Yeah well I'm out of words now, just have to wait like you all. I'm just hoping it's gonna be brutal shit.

The Hoff
Old October 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #117 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

I think we all hope it's gonna be good
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:02 PM   #118 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Quote:
This album will most likely have 10 songs
Evidence from their past four albums, would disagree.

Especially considering they recorded 10 original songs for AYDY in the first place; one became a B-side, and the remaining 9 were placed on the album. I think we'll see the same situation happening here.

Now, I'm not saying I'm correct. But I feel this is the most plausible option.

Quote:
It'll fucking rule.. I'm not expecting as good soloing as on Hatebreeder, but if the songs are really heavy and fast and cool then it'll rock.. Tie My Rope sounds kind of "unnatural", but I think at least the guitar sound could change somewhat.
I didn't like the "heavier/chunkier = better" mentality that AYDY showed. But it was still an okay album, I guess.

If they just did these things for the next album, I'd be satisfied:
  • Get Alexi's vocals to improve (Give me some death shrieks/growls, damnit), none of that gremlin-sound that Alexi does on Tie my Rope.
  • And get back in fucking D-standard tuning.
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoda77 View Post
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.

Last edited by The Butt : October 15th, 2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #119 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

well,this are conditions that I would be delighted to see again(SW-HB vocal style+D tuning DGCFAD),even though AYDY? vocals were not that bad and Sixpounder fucking rocks and it's in drop C.it just depends on how they use the tunings and how much alcohol has alexi drank when recording the vocals,LOL.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:33 AM   #120 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Maybe kasvis / vegetable is a reference to being paralyzed.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : October 16th, 2007 at 06:17 AM.
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:34 AM   #121 (permalink)
AndreasS
Dutch Demon

yeah well you can come up with 5000 theories regarding the working titles :P ...I'd rather wait to hear the tracks and for more info on final titles.
Old October 16th, 2007, 04:20 AM   #122 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

However we're still waiting for news that Alexi has crashed into a tree with his moped

The Hoff
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:00 AM   #123 (permalink)
Massacrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdhair View Post
Genre's are up for interpretation.

Maybe I should have said "I hope they continue in the same musical direction as they are going along now"?
Yeah, i beleive they are Melodic death as well.
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #124 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

^A friend made the best ever interpretation of COB's music, he described it as kyrpδhevi after a long time of thinking. It would mean something like brutal power heavy metal.

The Hoff
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #125 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massacrist View Post
Yeah, i beleive they are Melodic death as well.
There is no such thing, that's the most stupid genre name ever. The thing called "melodic death" have little to nothing to do with death metal.