Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #651 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

I swear i asked for it in every music shop i went to...but nothing
-Is God willing to prevent evil,but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.-Is he able,but not willing?Then he is malevolent.-Is he both able,and willing?Then whence cometh evil?-Is he neither able nor willing?Then why call him God?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:31 AM   #652 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Make sure you get the BLACK Jim Dunlop Jazz III pick. I asked for some and the dude who worked at the store said we only got red and I said is there any difference and he said no. I watched that guitar center interview and they give Alexi a red version of Jazz III and he is like nah I like mine better. Turns out the Black is made of Stiffo and the Red is made out of nylon. Nylon is worse in my opinion, also harder to pick scrape with
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:14 AM   #653 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

I got alexi's pick i cought at the euro tour 2009
-Is God willing to prevent evil,but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.-Is he able,but not willing?Then he is malevolent.-Is he both able,and willing?Then whence cometh evil?-Is he neither able nor willing?Then why call him God?
Old July 18th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #654 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andry_Wildchild View Post
I got alexi's pick i cought at the euro tour 2009
Could you please post a picture. I have heard him say he uses Jim Dunlop Jazz III Black picks but I want video proof. Damn good work on catching the pick though!
Old July 18th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #655 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Here it is

Sorry for the shitty wecam
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #656 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

What! You caught that at a concert? I thought the ones on eBay were shitty wanna be picks but Alexi actually has a Jim Dunlop Jazz III black pick that says Children Of Bodom and has his Signature. Fuck thats a big surprise. Well these are the picks he uses http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?p...products/picks but in black. Red is Nylon and Black is "Stiffo" which is so much better
Old July 19th, 2009, 04:12 AM   #657 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

^I Didn't understand any fucking word you said...maybe it's yersterday hangover btw
The pick i have it's fucking great 'cause plays awesome and i don't think mine is made of nylon but it's surely something better,you gotta touch it to understand what i'm saying.

And wtf,are you blind?even mine has got "children of bodom" logo and alexi sign on it.

and...i'm sorry if i didn't get you point
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #658 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Quote:
^I Didn't understand any fucking word you said...maybe it's yersterday hangover btw
The pick i have it's fucking great 'cause plays awesome and i don't think mine is made of nylon but it's surely something better,you gotta touch it to understand what i'm saying.

And wtf,are you blind?even mine has got "children of bodom" logo and alexi sign on it.

and...i'm sorry if i didn't get you point
Holy shit I made no sense. Okay well I have seen those picks on eBay with the Bodom logo and Alexi signature. I thought they were like collector items, not the actual picks Alexi uses on stage. He must have his own signature/custom pick thingy with Dunlop. Anyways before they are customly made the picks are Jim Dunlop Jazz III picks. They are the black ones which are made of "Stiffo". So if you ask for a Black Jim Dunlop Jazz III pick the store should have em, thats what Alexi uses. Jim Dunlop is the brand, Jazz means they are small and III means sharp tip. You can get Jazz I picks and all which don't have the awesome sharp tip you are looking for. Hope that helps
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:07 AM   #659 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

Actaully from the pictures it looks like its one of the Jazz 3 tortex picks with just his signature on them.
The Jim Dunlop Jazz III "stiffo" picks are different from the Alexi ones.
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:11 AM   #660 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMCsteve View Post
Actaully from the pictures it looks like its one of the Jazz 3 tortex picks with just his signature on them.
The Jim Dunlop Jazz III "stiffo" picks are different from the Alexi ones.
Wait there are tortex Jazz III picks? WTF! That means i've bought Red Nylon and failed, Black stiffo and failed. Now I need to seek out these Tortex if they exist. Are you sure? They aren't on the Dunlop website
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:17 AM   #661 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...zen?sku=111003
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:30 AM   #662 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

^i got a pick which seems like the one you linked but it's different from alexi's pick.
First of all they're made of different materials and second alexi's pick is smaller
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:10 AM   #663 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Damn, we need to declare which pick Alexi uses. I WANT IT!
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #664 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

They're both really good picks I have both kinds but usually play with the tortex ones. I don't know why, but they just feel better to me.
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #665 (permalink)
Enemy242

I hated the jazz picks until my friend loaned me one because i lost my big purple tortex or whatever ones and now i'm addicted to the red jazz ones, maybe i just got used to it but everything is easier now.
http://www.thrashunlimited.com/forum...orum.php?f=176
Old July 20th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #666 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBHC Rayza View Post
Damn, we need to declare which pick Alexi uses. I WANT IT!
Andry posted a freakin pic!!!

It's these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHILDREN-OF-BO...lenotsupported
Old July 20th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #667 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

@Steve: They're thick ones though, aren't they? The ones you posted it says .50 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:26 AM   #668 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

^ yea probably 1.00 or thicker
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM   #669 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
Andry posted a freakin pic!!!

It's these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHILDREN-OF-BO...lenotsupported
I think mine's different

Btw were you joking or what?
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:29 AM   #670 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Fuck I mean we gotta figure out what the model name is? Like so we can get them in large quantities like at a guitar store. Wtf do you think im some kind of dero?
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:28 AM   #671 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

We think you're not paying attention. Alexi uses custom Jazz III picks with his name, and they somehow look like Tortex Jazz III, but you're not getting his picks anywhere but in a gig if you catch one. If you want the more similar thing, get some Tortex Jazz III and some normal black or red Jazz III picks and use the ones you prefer out of them. That's the closer you'll get and I doubt there'll be much difference with Alexi's besides the COB logo printed on.

Names?
-Dunlop Jazz III (black or red)
-Dunlop Tortex Jazz III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:45 AM   #672 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
but you're not getting his picks anywhere but in a gig if you catch one.
So i consider myself lucky!That pick plays so fucking amazing

And thanks btw for the names
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:50 AM   #673 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBHC Rayza View Post
Fuck I mean we gotta figure out what the model name is? Like so we can get them in large quantities like at a guitar store. Wtf do you think im some kind of dero?
Just so you know, the Alexi pick isn't gonna make you a guitar god.
Its no pick of destiny. Normal Dunlop Jazz III picks are just as good.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:56 AM   #674 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMCsteve View Post
Just so you know, the Alexi pick isn't gonna make you a guitar god.
Its no pick of destiny. Normal Dunlop Jazz III picks are just as good.
but i'd swear i've seen alexi with that pick of destiny back in time....
btw with alexi's pick(even if i think it would be the same with the dunlop you're talking about)i can play better,especially solos are less sloppy
Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:29 AM   #675 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Quote:
So i consider myself lucky!That pick plays so fucking amazing

And thanks btw for the names

Did I not post links and already say the names in the comments above? I like explained why they are called it too

And yes I totally agree with you, anyone who uses Jazz III picks knows it makes you play better. You will NEVER go back to regular. So yes, we will play like guitar gods.

The reason I want to know what pick Alexi uses is because I have used the nylon Jazz III which suck, too bendy and suck for pick scrapes. The black "stiffo" ones are heaps better and own at pick scrapes. The tortex may have better grip and be better for pick scrapes aswell, so I will get one.