Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #1076 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Yeah, looks like his old one but in white and I've seen in one pic that the COBHC this time instead of being in the body is a big inlay in the middle of the fretboard like on Muhamed's guitar. But I'm not sure, I'd like someone to confirm it if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #1077 (permalink)
CobHc_uk

hey, i was wondering, how much are Lee jackson perfect connection gp-1000 worth? and how much are Rocktron Intellifex's worth? and if Rocktron Intellifex's are worth getting :S?
Cheers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 5th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #1078 (permalink)
^MetalMan^
Hexagon

kkkullipyllyssänisattuu
Old May 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #1079 (permalink)
Ess en

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
Ok, let's stop a bit talking about Alexi and Roope and discuss a bit Henkka's new bass:

Anyone knows when he got it or since when is he using it? Sleeper666 posted a pic the other day on the pics thread and it was the first time I saw it.
This probably isn't new info to you. The earliest I saw it was this tour, with lamb of god- in san jose. So that was like... the beginning of april, I think?

So unless he was using it on the european tour before this tour- I would assume he got it just before this tour... Right?
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #1080 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Yeah, I know that if he has it he must have gotten it after the European tour, just in time for the LOG tour, because I was at the Helsinki show (2nd last show of European tour) and he didn't have it. One question, does it have the COBHC logo as inlay around the 12th fret (middle of the fretboards)?

Quote:
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old June 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM   #1081 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Hard to notice Roope is now endorsed by Engl, isn't it?

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #1082 (permalink)
arvoitus

Quote:
Hard to notice Roope is now endorsed by Engl, isn't it?

Haha, awesome! Where was this show? It's kinda hard to imagine that they will travel with eight 4x12 cabinets?

Last edited by arvoitus : June 7th, 2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old June 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #1083 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Rockhard festival in Germany

Maybe they decided to do it the Slayer way and bring 038574786840576980456 amps onstage

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old June 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #1084 (permalink)
JonWormwood

Or ENGL supplied a bunch of cabs for the many bands that are endorsed by ENGL to have on stage
Old June 7th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #1085 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

That coud be, yeah, but at the stage that Bodom are I think they can take 8 cabs to a festival gig. I doubt they'd take them on tour like Slayer, but for one particular gig I think they'd do it. We'd have to get hold of a copy of Roope's contract to know though, but I sense that can be a bit hard

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:27 AM   #1086 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Is Alexi using his new pickup yet or is it just the FH-2 with MM-04? He has mini switches in all of his guitars so I think he's using an FH-2 (or any other version of th HZ) with his MM-04.
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #1087 (permalink)
tom once dead
Brutal.

Quote:
Ok, let's stop a bit talking about Alexi and Roope and discuss a bit Henkka's new bass:

Anyone knows when he got it or since when is he using it? Sleeper666 posted a pic the other day on the pics thread and it was the first time I saw it.
Looks to me like a white (or silver, can't tell) version of his ESP sig.
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #1088 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Thanks, for the help, but I already found it If you're interested, yes it's same shape and I asume same electronics (except that it doesn't seem to have the 3 band eq) and overall specs as his other COBHC bass but this one has the COBHC legend as fret marker all over the 10th to 15th frets or so, not in the body.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by children of COB : June 9th, 2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #1089 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvoitus View Post
Haha, awesome! Where was this show? It's kinda hard to imagine that they will travel with eight 4x12 cabinets?
Wouldn't be the first band to have them there for show as empty boxes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #1090 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^MetalMan^ View Post
kkkullipyllyssänisattuu
Ei jumalauta! Ei kannata. Ne kullit pois pyllystä ja heti paikalla!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old June 14th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #1091 (permalink)
arvoitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phenom View Post
Wouldn't be the first band to have them there for show as empty boxes
Yeah, i know a lot of bands do it. But those are always marshall cabinets. In the previous european tour Roope had four 4x12 marshall cabinets.

I've never seen them stacking up a pile of ENGL cabinets. But since the show was in germany (engl = germany) they probably could borrow a shit load of cabinets.
Old June 17th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #1092 (permalink)
arvoitus

Haha awesome, i can predict the future:
The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #1093 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Haha

Btw Roope is really endorsed by ENGL now?
Old June 18th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #1094 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

I've been looking at different picks. I understand Alexi uses Jim Dunlop Jazz III. Jazz is because of the size I think and there are 3 types. III is the sharp tipped version. There are Red ones which are made of nylon and black ones which Alexi uses and they are made of "stiffo". I was lucky enough to be told there is no difference only colour > when I got mine, now I have Red ones *sigh*

It sucks here in Aus cus the DR strings are less common and the 10-56 Jeff Healey gauge is even rarer. Does anyone know if Alexi alters his FR trem? I think you can change the block that the springs attach to and you get more tone. I have an LTD MH-1000 with a FR-1000 and when I raise my whammy bar the notes drown out and have like no sustain. Also does anyone know how to keep your whammy bar tight? Mine goes loose and swings around after about 2 uses
Old June 18th, 2009, 01:29 AM   #1095 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Why did you raise your whammy bar? To get a better tone you also have to raise your pickup. The higher it is, the better is the tone but the distance between your strings and the pickup should be at least 3 mm otherwise your strings will hit the pickup when you pull down your trem. And what did you mean with your tremolo goes loose and swings around? Your guitar goes out of tune or what?
Old June 18th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #1096 (permalink)
arvoitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post
Haha

Btw Roope is really endorsed by ENGL now?
Yeah he is. I spoke to the ENGL guys at the Musikmesse and they told me he is using the E530 preamp with the E840/50 poweramp.
Old June 18th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #1097 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Quote:
Why did you raise your whammy bar? To get a better tone you also have to raise your pickup. The higher it is, the better is the tone but the distance between your strings and the pickup should be at least 3 mm otherwise your strings will hit the pickup when you pull down your trem. And what did you mean with your tremolo goes loose and swings around? Your guitar goes out of tune or what?
By raise whammy bar I meant like pulling it up. I was reffering to the bar not the FR tremolo system itself. Like in Needled 24/7 (before fast riff) and all. Just a regular whammy pull or whatever they are called.

I put the bar in and tighten the screw thing so its firm and stays in one place and then I like do the whammy part at the start of the AYDY solo and by then the bar is loose and swings around freely. I am wondering how I can keep it firm without having to tighten the screw thing mid song. Is it because I have a FR-1000 instead of an Original Floyd Rose?
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #1098 (permalink)
Hellhounds On My Trail
\m/ Greek Metalhead \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBHC Rayza View Post
By raise whammy bar I meant like pulling it up. I was reffering to the bar not the FR tremolo system itself. Like in Needled 24/7 (before fast riff) and all. Just a regular whammy pull or whatever they are called.

I put the bar in and tighten the screw thing so its firm and stays in one place and then I like do the whammy part at the start of the AYDY solo and by then the bar is loose and swings around freely. I am wondering how I can keep it firm without having to tighten the screw thing mid song. Is it because I have a FR-1000 instead of an Original Floyd Rose?
The same happens to me also..
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:35 AM   #1099 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBHC Rayza View Post

Mmh... I don't know. Haven't had this problem before. FR-1000 means the color of your trem (1000 fro chrom, 5000 black, 3000 gold I think). Do you have a licenced FR?
Old June 18th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #1100 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Quote:
Mmh... I don't know. Haven't had this problem before. FR-1000 means the color of your trem (1000 fro chrom, 5000 black, 3000 gold I think). Do you have a licenced FR?
Okay I know it's not an Original. ESP went from having original fr's on their LTD deluxe range to having FR-1000. I am aware of the colour code. I could check for stuff if that would help. It feels to me like the screw in bit on the bar is faulty. As in the reason it goes loose is cus of that so I need a better one. Maybe its my technique. How do you tighten yours?