Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 10th, 2008, 04:20 AM   #1826 (permalink)
TimMerrick
Omniscient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721 View Post

p.s. playing guitar in your head, like imagining your fingers doing the actual movements, will help your playing in real life. mental power ftw.
I actually think that works! Whenever I get stuck on something, I just think "I can do this, it's not that hard!" and then after a little while I can get it

Also, that lump on my hand is still there :@ The doctor still hasn't got back to me about it.. Son of a bitch!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #1827 (permalink)
Flappy
Fetch me a carrot.

Quote:
nice change of topic. I know what you mean tho. Actually when I listen to my iPod and I'm walking around on campus, my fingers start moving sometimes too, like I'm imagining how the song would be played, haha. And I was finally able to start playing again yesterday (altho earlier this year I had to go about 3 or 4 months without playing) and I noticed it hurts to play a little. I guess I lost the callouses on my fingers. Does this happen to you after 4 weeks of no play?

p.s. playing guitar in your head, like imagining your fingers doing the actual movements, will help your playing in real life. mental power ftw.
Yea when I play after 4 weeks of no play it hurts like hell. Also it sounds like hell, which I hate because I have to play for like 1 month to get at my normal skill level again.
But ah well, I guess if it hurts a lot it's a good sign, since it means that you play a lot normally. For me at least =)

~Chuck is not dead, the devil just wanted guitar lessons.~
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #1828 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Quote:
nice change of topic. I know what you mean tho. Actually when I listen to my iPod and I'm walking around on campus, my fingers start moving sometimes too, like I'm imagining how the song would be played, haha. And I was finally able to start playing again yesterday (altho earlier this year I had to go about 3 or 4 months without playing) and I noticed it hurts to play a little. I guess I lost the callouses on my fingers. Does this happen to you after 4 weeks of no play?

That sounds familiar to me Crossing a big campus until you get to class can get pretty boring, but not if you're trying to figure out stuff in yout mind hehe.

About hurting when I play, well, my last long break from guitar playing was 4-6 weeks when I injuried my shoulder, and it kinda hurted but the worst thing was that my playing was soooooo below my standart and it took me A LOT to bring it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMerCOBHC View Post
I actually think that works! Whenever I get stuck on something, I just think "I can do this, it's not that hard!" and then after a little while I can get it

Also, that lump on my hand is still there :@ The doctor still hasn't got back to me about it.. Son of a bitch!
Sorry to hear about that lump Tim! Stab that doctor and get a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:15 AM   #1829 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Quote:

aw man, are you serious?! how are you able to play with it still there? I would think it hurts for you to play....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
Yea when I play after 4 weeks of no play it hurts like hell. Also it sounds like hell, which I hate because I have to play for like 1 month to get at my normal skill level again.
But ah well, I guess if it hurts a lot it's a good sign, since it means that you play a lot normally. For me at least =)
hmm...I thought the opposite. If it hurts that's a bad sign cuz you haven't built up the callouses on your fingers enough, which means you don't really practice a lot. Like if you play a lot, then your fingertips should stay rough for quite a while, so it shouldn't hurt after a lapse of playing. But I don't know. Just an observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
That sounds familiar to me Crossing a big campus until you get to class can get pretty boring, but not if you're trying to figure out stuff in yout mind hehe.

About hurting when I play, well, my last long break from guitar playing was 4-6 weeks when I injuried my shoulder, and it kinda hurted but the worst thing was that my playing was soooooo below my standart and it took me A LOT to bring it back.
yeah, I know what you mean we had our injuries at the same time. it felt horrible not being able to play and then listening to bodom and admiring Alexi so much but not being able to practice.
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:18 AM   #1830 (permalink)
TimMerrick
Omniscient.

Thanks for the concern Jose and Mystique! To be honest it doesn't hurt much any more, I've got used to it! Hehe! Still, it's a bit inconvenient! And I get what you mean Mystique, about Alexi with his shoulder! That man is a beast!!
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #1831 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Quote:
yeah, I know what you mean we had our injuries at the same time. it felt horrible not being able to play and then listening to bodom and admiring Alexi so much but not being able to practice.
So true. Those were some of the longest weeks of my life

Quote:
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:24 AM   #1832 (permalink)
<Arcane>

CHILDREN OF BODOM - WARHEART SOLO

One of my favourites! I'm not really satisfied with my lead tone cause of my empty battery but maybe I can make it sound a bit better with a few effects or sth...
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #1833 (permalink)
Flappy
Fetch me a carrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post

One of my favourites! I'm not really satisfied with my lead tone cause of my empty battery but maybe I can make it sound a bit better with a few effects or sth...
The lead is so weak that I can hardly hear you but from the things that I hear I think I can say you did a very good job =p
One of Alexi's best solo's imo.

Old November 14th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #1834 (permalink)
TimMerrick
Omniscient.

Recording of the week #28

Recording of the Week - Hate Crew Deathroll (Intro - Bars 1 - 11 - UG Tab)

*Advanced* - Hate Crew Deathroll (Chorus Melody - Bars 70 - 87)

PLEASE NOTE: The intro part has repeats in the tab, which is why it only says bars 1 - 11!
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #1835 (permalink)
Flappy
Fetch me a carrot.

^YES! That chorus melody is soo beautifull!

Last edited by Flappy : November 14th, 2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #1836 (permalink)
TimMerrick
Omniscient.

The live version of this song is powerful to say the least! When I heard it on CRY I just listened to it constantly! And when they played it live in Glasgow the room pretty much exploded!
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:38 PM   #1837 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Good choice Tim!

Quote:

Sounds well played now, but I say get a new battery and it'll be amazing.

Quote:
^YES! That chorus melody is soo beautifull!
It is indeed, and soooooo tricky to play and sing at the same time

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #1838 (permalink)
TimMerrick
Omniscient.

Jose, I cry a little everytime you don't use one of my posts in your multiquotes
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #1839 (permalink)
Flappy
Fetch me a carrot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
Good choice Tim!

Sounds well played now, but I say get a new battery and it'll be amazing.

It is indeed, and soooooo tricky to play and sing at the same time
Damn I always thought he played the rythm at that part but I just saw on youtube he actually does lead and singing at the same time =\
I envy him so much for that.

Old November 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM   #1840 (permalink)
<Arcane>

It's not so difficult to play leads and sing at the same time as long all notes got the same speed. It's only hard when you play another speed instead of what you sing or when you play in another melody. The HCDR isn't so hard. Yesterday I've tried the first time playing and singing Nothing ELse Matters and it's pretty easy. Ah, don't know. Some songs work and some not.

And thx for the comments! Maybe I have the time to buy a new battery tomorrow and record the leads again.
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #1841 (permalink)
Flappy
Fetch me a carrot.

We're the Hate Crew, we stand and we won't fall!

Old November 14th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #1842 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Somebody read this? "We're the Hate Crew, we stand and we won't fall / We're all for none, DOWNFALL!" ...on Scythes Of Bodom. Fucking Awesome!
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #1843 (permalink)
TimMerrick
Omniscient.

Quote:
We're the Hate Crew, we stand and we won't fall!
We're all for none, and none for aaaaaaaall!

Fuck you! We'll fight till the last hit!

And we sure as hell ain't takin' no shit!

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and say it'd be pretty hard to a) play a fast lead and sing, b) sing c) sing like Alexi and play one of his melodies at the same time :|

That sounded a lot funnier in my head
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #1844 (permalink)
<Arcane>

As I said...some things work fine, some not. The HCDR melody is an easier one.
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #1845 (permalink)
Flappy
Fetch me a carrot.

Quote:
We're all for none, and none for aaaaaaaall!

Fuck you! We'll fight till the last hit!

And we sure as hell ain't takin' no shit!

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and say it'd be pretty hard to a) play a fast lead and sing, b) sing c) sing like Alexi and play one of his melodies at the same time :|

That sounded a lot funnier in my head
Ya yayayayayaoww!

Yea well I don't know how he does it, but I've never heard anyone sing in any way similar to Alexi. Maybe his singing should be described as very harsh clean. It's not a real scream I think. If I try it I get some really fucked up shit xD So I can only do clean or screamy, in which I both suck =]

@Arcane: Yea I can like sing and play the first melody but when he goes up the neck and plays the lower one I can't do it together anymore.

Old November 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #1846 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Yeah the second part in the 7th-10th fret is a really tricky one.
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #1847 (permalink)
TimMerrick
Omniscient.

I just wish I could sing Hehe! Well, atleast, sing WELL!

Also, we're talking about how Alexi sings and plays over the top of the HCDR melody, why doesn't he play the HHOMT one while he sings?

Oh, and Jose.. FIRST http://www.sendspace.com/file/vsfnpy

Last edited by TimMerrick : November 14th, 2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #1848 (permalink)
<Arcane>

He also don't play the Downfall leads while he sings...

Oh everybody know Bruce Darnell?

Here's a pic with him and an Edwards Scythe

Old November 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #1849 (permalink)
TimMerrick
Omniscient.

Quote:
He also don't play the Downfall leads while he sings...

Oh everybody know Bruce Darnell?

Here's a pic with him and an Edwards Scythe

Really? And I'll just google Bruce Darnell.. :P

And upon googling him, I see he's an American Model/Choreographer who works in Germany?

That's pretty cool!
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #1850 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Yeah, he's in the jury of german show starsearch.