Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #76 (permalink)
JDizzle
Banned

LOL

So I posted this tpoic on Slipknot's offcial site, and that fucktard of a mod must've deleted it. WTFlol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #77 (permalink)
Lanterns
1 girl in her cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
Wow, this could create some sparks and boos when Slipknot warms up for COB.
I thought Slipknot was headlining
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:12 AM   #78 (permalink)
metalheadjohn666
No life till leather.

Bodom save that lineup from utter and complete lose.
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:21 AM   #79 (permalink)
valkokukka
I can still feel it

If this lineup comes to Finland I won't even consider going.

Thank god for 90s and summer festivals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #80 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

^I hope I could say the same, but I don't think they are coming near me this summer and I don't have money to afford Tuska/Waken like festivals So if my first chance to see them is that one, I supose I'll take it, and then go, see COB, get hammered while Machine Head and Slipknot are playing and if I get so see any COB member talk to them and if not go back home with their performance in mind and a shitload of alcohol in my stomach.

Although I still hope this tour is NOT real or it's left for when they go to USA the 2nd time with Blooddrunk. I want a fucking headliner in Europe as they said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
Wow, this could create some sparks and boos when Slipknot warms up for COB.
Wake up from your dream dude. Slipknot will headline and COB be open act if this happens. It sucks but it will be like that if it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Core View Post
the clown being one of the founders, shawn crahan is one of the guys who makes the shows to what they are. For the record: he's not a drummer, he's a percussionist, slipknot only has one drummer, Joey Joridson...
...who is the one who makes Slipknot decent. If Joey Jordison goes out of Slipknot, Slipknot are dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanterns View Post
I thought Slipknot was headlining
Becase they will if this tour is finally made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadjohn666 View Post
Bodom save that lineup from utter and complete lose.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #81 (permalink)
JDizzle
Banned

WTF?

Corey Taylor and Joey Jordison are the only talent in Slipknot. Corey Taylor is a very good singer... Don't believe me? Search Stone Sour on Youtube.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #82 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

I know Stone Sour, I don't like them. In fact I don't give a shit about singer/lyrics, I listen to the music. So the singer is not really an important part for me in a band to decide if I like them or not. I hate James LaBrie's (Dream Theater) voice particulary live, but I love Dream Theater. And my favourite band's singer doesn't know the lyrics and spends half of the time singing yeow yeow.

Quote:
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #83 (permalink)
Lussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
I know Stone Sour, I don't like them. In fact I don't give a shit about singer/lyrics, I listen to the music. So the singer is not really an important part for me in a band to decide if I like them or not. I hate James LaBrie's (Dream Theater) voice particulary live, but I love Dream Theater. And my favourite band's singer doesn't know the lyrics and spends half of the time singing yeow yeow.
Hey mine too , I especially like the 2nd fucking yeow you know.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #84 (permalink)
JDizzle
Banned

I still think Corey Taylor is a top 5 singer. Hell, he might even be the best

And Joey Jordison is an excellent mainstream drummer, but I know a shit load of underground drummers that would put his ass to shame. But he is still, in fact, an excellent fucking drummer
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #85 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

I hate Joey Jordison so much, HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

Mike Portnoy, Derek Roddy, George Kollias, Inferno > Joey Jordison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
a dog just stole my raisin bun
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #86 (permalink)
Lussi

^^ Come on there are tons of great metal singer !! I think he has a good voice and he sings really well but what about Maynard form Tool and A Perfect Circle for instance, well I don't want to make a list now... But maybe you meant the growls, scream etc...
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #87 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
WTF?

Corey Taylor and Joey Jordison are the only talent in Slipknot. Corey Taylor is a very good singer... Don't believe me? Search Stone Sour on Youtube.
Are you telling me that Mick Thompson and James Root are shit players? They are in fact very good players. Good technique too...Im not even kidding. I think you need to start thinking before talking...also the 5 threads you usually create in one day are not helping me to tolerate you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #88 (permalink)
JDizzle
Banned

Taylor's pretty good at all of that shit. Screaming, growling, and a great singing voce. But Stone Sour beats the shit out of a Slipknot.

And slipknot is done after their new album anyway.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #89 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

What the fuck? Nobody disputed anything to do with singers.

Quote:
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #90 (permalink)
JDizzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phenom View Post
Are you telling me that Mick Thompson and James Root are shit players? They are in fact very good players. Good technique too...Im not even kidding. I think you need to start thinking before talking...also the 5 threads you usually create in one day are not helping me to tolerate you!!!

Root is alright (I've seen his work in stone sour), but Mick is a little...

I mean, they had a ton of solos and riffs in their volume. 3 album... But they never played their solos live? WTF
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #91 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

This is bullshit anyway, regardless of how "talented" or un-talented the members of Slipcock are, the music they write fucking sucks shit so it makes no difference.

Quote:
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #92 (permalink)
the phenom

^Just gonna point out that the guy said "only talents are..." and i answered him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butt View Post
Agree to disagree on that one, since I think you're dead-wrong, and you think I'm dead-wrong. We're never going to get anywhere with this.

Check out Between the Buried and Me, or All That Remains, two good metalcore bands. I used to think all core sucked too, until I found these two bands.

Also, phenom: IMO, Lamb of God are just plain Metalcore. They may have thrash/death influences, but those don't make them inherently thrash or death.
Yeah could be. Other good metalcore bands are Unearth,Hatesphere,Parkway Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron

Last edited by the phenom : May 18th, 2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #93 (permalink)
JDizzle
Banned

Quote:
This is bullshit anyway, regardless of how "talented" or un-talented the members of Slipcock are, the music they write fucking sucks shit so it makes no difference.
This is biased bullshit and ignorance at it's best

Listen to volume 3

should i bring up some of their shity lyrics? just say the word.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #94 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

Quote:

Listen to volume 3
No, because I don't like Slipknot. Do I fucking need to say it again?

Quote:
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #95 (permalink)
JDizzle
Banned

I am just sick of people that hate Slipknot because they are "nu metal," and will not listen to them purely because of that reason. The kind of people who will listen to nothing even remotely mainstream.
By confining yourself intolerantly to one genre of metal, you are betraying metal itself.

People say that they hate Slipknot because they scream, and saw pointless things about hurting and killing people. Listen to Mayhem. They scream, and all of their lyrics are gruesome and violent in nature, yet they are very popular, purely because they are underground.

Mayhem and Slipknot are almost the same band, except one is cult and underground and the other is mainstream, and that is what causes people to hate the mainstream.

Makes sense?
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #96 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Quote:
I still think Corey Taylor is a top 5 singer. Hell, he might even be the best

And Joey Jordison is an excellent mainstream drummer, but I know a shit load of underground drummers that would put his ass to shame. But he is still, in fact, an excellent fucking drummer
Erm.... no. Rusell Allen, Phil Anselmo, Bruce Dickinson, Hansi Kürsch, Jari, Angela Gossow, Warrell Dane,... I think Corey will have to go a bit lower in that list.

Quote:
I hate Joey Jordison so much, HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

Mike Portnoy, Derek Roddy, George Kollias, Inferno > Joey Jordison.
I don't hate him but I agree there are many drummers that are better than him, for example all you listed there. I would add Darren Cesca (Arsis) too, Saray (Vader), Dave Lombardo (Slayer) or Kai Hato (Wintersun).

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #97 (permalink)
Orcy
a member

Quote:
I am just sick of people that hate Slipknot because they are "nu metal," and will not listen to them purely because of that reason. The kind of people who will listen to nothing even remotely mainstream.
By confining yourself intolerantly to one genre of metal, you are betraying metal itself.

People say that they hate Slipknot because they scream, and saw pointless things about hurting and killing people. Listen to Mayhem. They scream, and all of their lyrics are gruesome and violent in nature, yet they are very popular, purely because they are underground.

Mayhem and Slipknot are almost the same band, except one is cult and underground and the other is mainstream, and that is what causes people to hate the mainstream.

Makes sense?
Dude, Slipknot are okay, but it is not the lyrics, its the crappy b tuned guitars, factory made riffs, awful song structure, lack of meaning and its not Death Metal- which is "allowed" to have the above. No solos and immature lyrics like "fuck this world" give them a bad reputation

Quote:
Meh, Opeth are one of those bands that have that "something" about them, and it either hits you or it doesn't. If it doesn't hit you then you'll probably think they suck or that they're "just alright". But if it does hit you then you'll probably think they're one of the best and most unique bands out there, and that anyone who disagrees is an uncultured philistine.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #98 (permalink)
JDizzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
Erm.... no. Rusell Allen, Phil Anselmo, Bruce Dickinson, Hansi Kürsch, Jari, Angela Gossow, Warrell Dane,... I think Corey will have to go a bit lower in that list.

I don't hate him but I agree there are many drummers that are better than him, for example all you listed there. I would add Darren Cesca (Arsis) too, Saray (Vader), Dave Lombardo (Slayer) or Kai Hato (Wintersun).
Agreed

But Angela has a decent growl, but she is nothing special. The studio does everything else for her.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #99 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

No, it's all about fucking preference. You can't compare the vocals of Slipknot to the vocals of Mayhem, Mayhem = Black Metal vocals (although Maniac is fucking gay) Slipcock = shouting like goddamn retard.

Every Slipknot song I've ever heard has made me cringe, it simply sounds like a bunch of downys trying to escape from a locked dumpster.

EDIT: For the record, Corey sounds just like every other american accent tinged whiney shit singer. Nothing unique or special about his voice at all.

Quote:

Last edited by Swabs : May 18th, 2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

^^Studio does the rest? Angela doesn't use any distortion or anything, just a bit of reverb, etc.

^ At the downys thing,

Quote:

Makes sense?
I don't need to read more. Are you retarded?? I like any of those bands, but they have nothing to do with each other.

And you're obviously biased by Stone Sour, because although they are nothing great, Mick Thompson beats the shit out of Jim Root.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote: