Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:05 PM   #51 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post
I've already said that you shouldn't take it so serious, fuck!
And I've already said that I don't give a fuck what people like Mystique, Muffin, you or most of the user here think about me - I don't know you so I don't care.
But only for you: I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIV ABOUT HIS VIDS! Are you all blind?!?
End of fucking story.
wow
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:07 PM   #52 (permalink)
<Arcane>

No, that's just another reason why I don't.
I just had to say something about it to clear my point
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
P4T0U

and It's even in HD!

add &fmt=22 at the end of the URL to 720p-ize it.

example:
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 31st, 2009, 04:07 PM   #54 (permalink)
eveningninja
Skull Kid

Quote:
I've already said that you shouldn't take it so serious, fuck!
And I've already said that I don't give a fuck what people like Mystique, Muffin, you or most of the user here think about me - I don't know you so I don't care.
But only for you: I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIV ABOUT HIS VIDS! Are you all blind?!?
End of fucking story.
If you don't give a fuck what anyone thinks, then why are you getting so pissed? That would be called giving a fuck. You're the one getting serious and blowing this up.

my Laiho contest video

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeznep View Post
SERIOSLY!!!!!!

I've watched "Chaos Ridden Years Stockholm Live" several times now and I get more angry everytime. I hate Alexi of all my heart cuz he's got all the cool stuff to himself.

Alexi got like 2 mins to do some solos, the drummis got some time aswell and the same with the kboard. But Roope gets like 10 sec then alexi comes in on the scene. WHY THE FUCK? LET ROOPE PLAY, OOOOOhh im sorry, Alexi will get to Jelous. Stupid idiot.
Seriosly.
Old January 31st, 2009, 04:19 PM   #55 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningninja View Post
If you don't give a fuck what anyone thinks, then why are you getting so pissed? That would be called giving a fuck. You're the one getting serious and blowing this up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by >Noel< View Post
You should follow your own advice dude, your covers are great too I don't get why you are so pissed off.
Quote:
I'm pissed off of most of the users here wihch are "...you're all pussys and moralizer. you try to avoid to say any wrong word, try to be much-loved by every person, you are stuffy and norrow-minded and most of you are bumsucker."
and that people trying to tell me I'm this, this and this and taking things to serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane
End of fucking story.
Old January 31st, 2009, 10:10 PM   #56 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4T0U View Post
and It's even in HD!

add &fmt=22 at the end of the URL to 720p-ize it.

example: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_rfyjfk0v4&fmt=22
you know...I just had a thought...if this guy had entered the Blooddrunk solo contest and made his video like this (and practiced the solo a lot) he probably would've won.
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:56 AM   #57 (permalink)
P4T0U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721 View Post
you know...I just had a thought...if this guy had entered the Blooddrunk solo contest and made his video like this (and practiced the solo a lot) he probably would've won.
I lol'd @ "and practiced the solo a lot". I'm pretty sure he would have....but mabye not because he's not as popular as redSG. I wonder if anyone didn't have a clue for who to vote before entering the site...
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
eveningninja
Skull Kid

Oh sweet I didn't know he won the 'popular vote.' Makes sense; I actually met and talked to him at the San Diego Gigantour last year He's a pretty cool dude.

my Laiho contest video

Quote:
SERIOSLY!!!!!!

I've watched "Chaos Ridden Years Stockholm Live" several times now and I get more angry everytime. I hate Alexi of all my heart cuz he's got all the cool stuff to himself.

Alexi got like 2 mins to do some solos, the drummis got some time aswell and the same with the kboard. But Roope gets like 10 sec then alexi comes in on the scene. WHY THE FUCK? LET ROOPE PLAY, OOOOOhh im sorry, Alexi will get to Jelous. Stupid idiot.
Seriosly.
Old February 1st, 2009, 08:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
P4T0U

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningninja View Post
Oh sweet I didn't know he won the 'popular vote.' Makes sense; I actually met and talked to him at the San Diego Gigantour last year He's a pretty cool dude.
oh I never said he won.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:11 AM   #60 (permalink)
TheSleepingDrummer
Senior Reaper

Woah, Sweet as.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM   #61 (permalink)
R34p3r
1 am teh Edit0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSleepingDrummer View Post
Woah, Sweet as.
downunder?^^
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #62 (permalink)
johnharvey1
Metal Member

Cool, since 'Warheart' has posted my videos on here, I've decided to join up to the forum.
Interesting comments I must say, some good and some bad. I must say these cover's do take a long time to make,
so this kind of feedback is good. I understand some of peoples thoughts on the video's as well. These videos aren't all about
the song cover itself, I try to appeal to a wider audience by designing extra elements and characteristics to it, so you could say even non musicians
could enjoy the video's, so it depends how you look at it. On these video's I feel some either have stronger musical playing than design effects, or vise versa,
or both concepts are about the same. I'm suprised with the lack of interest in covers such as the Bodom Beach terror one, as I felt this one was one of my strongest and with the
most effects, but maybe you find the others more appealing or better designed. Once again depends on the viewer.

I'm hoping to play at least one song from each COB album. I mainly base the design of the videos off the cover of the album I'm playing the song off. At the moment I'm thinking of
doing a track off Something Wild, mainly because the album art seems easier to make up design ideas from. But if anyone on this forum, has any song cover or design ideas I could use in the
video that would be really helpful, preferable for Something Wild or Are you Dead yet. I don't just do these videos totally for fun, I also study graphic design, so these videos help improve my skills and knowledge on how to use these programs i.e 'Adobe After Effects', 'Photoshop'. Anyway, long message, but thought I should mention this.
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #63 (permalink)
Undefined
Indefinite Entity

How long did it take? How much work was involved? And did it pay off? (If so, how!)
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:03 AM   #64 (permalink)
johnharvey1
Metal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined View Post
How long did it take? How much work was involved? And did it pay off? (If so, how!)
I did it over a period of two weeks, doing 2-3 hours a day, some day's longer, depending were I'm up to.
Half the time was learning the song and the other half was recording and putting it together through the design programs. The recording of myself playing the song took a while as I have to set up my home made green screen, to allow me to cut out the backdrop on the program, then i have to position the lighting correctly to prevent rough backgrounds on Adobe After Effects. Also playing with a grim reaper outfit on also made it hard to play, as the material dropped and muted the fret board occasionally, so I had to do a few takes with the cover. The actual day I recorded the Kissing the Shadows cover, we were having a heat wave here in Sydney and it was 35 degrees, but it was the only time I had to record, so I was melting in that costume, so if I look tired that's the reason.
In general it's just such a long process, but I enjoy it most of the time, and coming up with background effects is really fun. If you just do little bit's over a period of time, it's suprising how much it builds up.

I think overall, it pays off, I mean I'm improving my skills for my graphic design studies and my guitar skills are always growing as well. As long as I'm enjoying it, then yes it always pay's off.
Old June 30th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #65 (permalink)
johnharvey1
Metal Member

Hey, made a new COB video lately, check it out here
It's also in HD.
It's me playing Children of Bodom by Children of Bodom. I think this a very underrated COB song, but I like it, so I thought I should cover it.
It's been a while since my last video, as I've been away and hard at study. I also visited Scandinavia, which kind of inspired me to make this new video.
I've tried my hardest to improve on my last video and in some ways I think I have.
I've also got some new equipment, so that's helped out. The guitar synth I've used, is the Roland Gr-20. It's a good device and I hope to use it more and more in future videos. Also I ended up getting an Ibanez Rg350dx, it suited my needs and seems a very nice guitar.
If I could complain about anything in this video it would probably just be getting the right synth sounds on Roland Gr-20, getting the audio a bit better, and working a bit harder on the song. But overall with the combined skills of After Effects and my new equipment, I'm pretty happy with this video and I've learnt a lot.
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:59 AM   #66 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharvey1 View Post
Cool, since 'Warheart' has posted my videos on here, I've decided to join up to the forum.
Interesting comments I must say, some good and some bad. I must say these cover's do take a long time to make,
so this kind of feedback is good. I understand some of peoples thoughts on the video's as well. These videos aren't all about
the song cover itself, I try to appeal to a wider audience by designing extra elements and characteristics to it, so you could say even non musicians
could enjoy the video's, so it depends how you look at it. On these video's I feel some either have stronger musical playing than design effects, or vise versa,
or both concepts are about the same. I'm suprised with the lack of interest in covers such as the Bodom Beach terror one, as I felt this one was one of my strongest and with the
most effects, but maybe you find the others more appealing or better designed. Once again depends on the viewer.

I'm hoping to play at least one song from each COB album. I mainly base the design of the videos off the cover of the album I'm playing the song off. At the moment I'm thinking of
doing a track off Something Wild, mainly because the album art seems easier to make up design ideas from. But if anyone on this forum, has any song cover or design ideas I could use in the
video that would be really helpful, preferable for Something Wild or Are you Dead yet. I don't just do these videos totally for fun, I also study graphic design, so these videos help improve my skills and knowledge on how to use these programs i.e 'Adobe After Effects', 'Photoshop'. Anyway, long message, but thought I should mention this.
You could use the demo of Towards Dead End with the Something Wild artwork? Just an idea. The first three artworks are picture beautiful and I don't see how you could play those kind of effects on the cartoon-like artworks of the later albums. I'd have other ideas for you but I'm thinking about the difficulty of playing around with those HCDR, AYDY and Blooddrunk artworks..

Another idea I have is, you know the artwork for Inearthed's Shining? If you'd cover one of those songs and just google for lakeside sunrise (or whatever) pictures and do your thing, that would be pretty damn unique.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : June 30th, 2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old June 30th, 2009, 03:51 AM   #67 (permalink)
johnharvey1
Metal Member

Hey, thanks for the ideas, it's got me thinking
Old June 30th, 2009, 04:27 AM   #68 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

^I've got my hands on Photoshop everyday at work, but it's not so fundamental tool in getting this stuff done so I'm planning on learning things on my own, also for video editing etc, just need to find the time.

There are a couple of amazing songs on the Shining demo and it would give you free hands in doing the graphics. (I'll add you up on msn)

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : June 30th, 2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old June 30th, 2009, 05:45 AM   #69 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!

Hahaha XD

Good work but i started laughing as soon as alexi & CO where "floating by" in the first video ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
Someone get the popcorn eating smiley in here please.
<!-- Start Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.radiostreamlive.com/radiosantaclaus/widget.js"></script>
<!-- End Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
Old June 30th, 2009, 06:04 AM   #70 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharvey1 View Post
Hey, made a new COB video lately, check it out here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb7LXDP59oE
Playing: ok
Tone: bad
Video: awesome
Old July 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #71 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

I agree with Arcane. The quality of the sound and quality/accuracy/skill of the guitar playing matters more than the video effects. I agree they look cool but I preffer a regular video any day. Get the fuck off of Arcanes back, he was just saying big whoop with the filters, multiple guitars are creative too
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #72 (permalink)
eveningninja
Skull Kid

^ That argument was from a while back; don't you ever read the dates on posts?

my Laiho contest video

Quote:
SERIOSLY!!!!!!

Seriosly.