Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #1001 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksi View Post
There can be more than 100%, e.g. a 300% increase.
FYI this isn't the official math thread though I started this nonsense.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #1002 (permalink)
Necroraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksi View Post
There can be more than 100%, e.g. a 300% increase.
But you can't be more than 100% sure of something, which was the case here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #1003 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

K-Man:

Guitars, bass, drums, and my monitor shit ready to roll. Just need keys & light stuff done. Shipping on Wed. for the States BLS tour.

Just keys and light stuff still to do? What's light stuff? So album is ready on Wednesday (also mixed/mastered?)
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #1004 (permalink)
Aleksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroraven View Post
But you can't be more than 100% sure of something, which was the case here.
True, however, that's not what he said. He said there couldn't be more than 100%.
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #1005 (permalink)
Lussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Joonas> View Post
K-Man:

Guitars, bass, drums, and my monitor shit ready to roll. Just need keys & light stuff done. Shipping on Wed. for the States BLS tour.

Just keys and light stuff still to do? What's light stuff? So album is ready on Wednesday (also mixed/mastered?)
Maybe he was talking about the band and himself leaving for the US on Wednesday.
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1006 (permalink)
kilon
I told you!

That would make sense as they where recording keys some days ago already.

edit: or they aren't done yet and continue after the tour. Because we haven't heard anything about recording guitars and the gear was picked up a couple of days ago.
If that's the ase it'll be lame. Yes, I understand you don't want to disappoint the fans but pausing recording for 3-4 months? No way.
Let's hope that's not the case.

Last edited by kilon : September 6th, 2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #1007 (permalink)
EvilKatarn
Jaaniöö, Bodomi Öö

I just re-watched the old COBTV's and damn. I want them to make a new episode.

Hell, I even bought a Blooddrunk vinyl, and it's gorgeous.

And we still haven't heard anything about the guitars having been recorded...
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #1008 (permalink)
elli

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKatarn View Post
I just re-watched the old COBTV's and damn. I want them to make a new episode.
That would be insane.
I love part 1 and 2- they`re funny as hell.
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #1009 (permalink)
FearTheReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon View Post
That would make sense as they where recording keys some days ago already.

edit: or they aren't done yet and continue after the tour. Because we haven't heard anything about recording guitars and the gear was picked up a couple of days ago.
If that's the ase it'll be lame. Yes, I understand you don't want to disappoint the fans but pausing recording for 3-4 months? No way.
Let's hope that's not the case.
Lets hope thats a worst case scenario. That would really blow. And it would probably postpone the release.
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #1010 (permalink)
FearTheReaper

I really hope we get some news soon. Album title, tracklist.
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #1011 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Well it seems the band is quietly confident and would not rest on their laurels fishing on the lake etc if they had serious problems with getting anything done. It does seem as if they've forgotten their fans this year, but I hope it's just calm before the "storm." It will be truly interesting to see what they've got. Not psyching up people during the process also takes some pressure off their shoulders as it lowers our expectations.
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #1012 (permalink)
Shinaain
Huh.

Quote:
It does seem as if they've forgotten their fans this year, but I hope it's just calm before the "storm."
*puzzled* What makes you say that, Joonas?

I hope the guys had some time to rest between the studio and the 3-month tour they're about to do of the U.S. Can't wait to hear the new material, but I guess I'll just have to behave myself while I wait.
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:35 AM   #1013 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinaain View Post
*puzzled* What makes you say that, Joonas?
Intentional mute about the new album stuff during (the few) interviews. But it's a two sided coin, maybe it would be lame to start hyping up everything when it's not even ready. But I think it's "exciting" they didn't keep us updated during studio. They've spent more time than ever for the new album I think, so it's all up to the ideas.
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #1014 (permalink)
Shinaain
Huh.

Quote:
Intentional mute about the new album stuff during (the few) interviews. But it's a two sided coin, maybe it would be lame to start hyping up everything when it's not even ready. But I think it's "exciting" they didn't keep us updated during studio. They've spent more time than ever for the new album I think, so it's all up to the ideas.
Oh, I see what you're saying. I have confidence that we'll all be pleased with the new album, Joonas - even if the anticipation is sometimes frustrating.

For my part, I seem to be strange in that I only want to hear new material that's finished and whole. I hate teasers and I hate pirated YouTube videos of unreleased material in concert. People send me links to videos like that all the time, but I won't watch them. Pirating and leaks are so commonplace, a lot of bands seem to consider teasers necessary. Depending on how they're presented, they can be fun. While COBTV was hilarious and the guys used the opportunity to sneak preview new material in a time and manner of their choosing, surely it's a good sign that, this time around, apparently they were too busy making the new album to tease us with anything? I guess we'll see!
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:03 AM   #1015 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Yo Kal can we have some news?

*K-Man offline*

Thanks.
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:38 AM   #1016 (permalink)
K-Man
Just the K-Man

Quote:
Yo Kal can we have some news?

*K-Man offline*

Thanks.
What I can tell you is that everything went super good at the studio. So much that they finished with all the tracking they were planing on doing there, 2 days early. As you know we will be leaving for the States in a couple weeks to tour with BLS. The band guys are going a couple days earlier to track the last bits. Then we have a pre-production day and the next day after that we start the tour.

That is really all I can say. Sorry

My web page -http://web.me.com/kmancobhc

My tour twitter -http://twitter.com/KManCOBHC
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #1017 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Man View Post
What I can tell you is that everything went super good at the studio. So much that they finished with all the tracking they were planing on doing there, 2 days early. As you know we will be leaving for the States in a couple weeks to tour with BLS. The band guys are going a couple days earlier to track the last bits. Then we have a pre-production day and the next day after that we start the tour.

K, thanks, I understand the big news will have to wait a while more. I'm sensing it's gonna be a solid record.
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #1018 (permalink)
srob7001
I shred faces off for fun

K man... that was more info that I was expecting to get. Good to hear the recording process is going well, which tells me they know what they want with this album and are set on it being that way.

Can't wait to see them on tour.
LTD Alexi-600 Black & Yellow - Stock
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 - DiMarzio Tone Zone & PAF Pro installed
Blackstar HT-20 H
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR-10 band EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroraven View Post
HOLY FUCK, the mere amount of auto-tune during the first 15 seconds made my ears leak vomit and diarrhea.
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #1019 (permalink)
valkokukka
I can still feel it

Quote:

thanks for the update
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #1020 (permalink)
elli

Quote:

Thank you for the news, K-Man

Do you know if they`ll make COBTV part 3?
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #1021 (permalink)
tempestadiossa

Thanks for the update, K-Man. I'm glad to read everything went even better than planned at the studio.

Somehow, I find myself wholeheartedly endorsing the band's discretion about the new album. It's a sound decision, imho. For more than a reason.
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #1022 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!

So what? What have I missed. Have't really followed this process as I whould have done..

Have they released any artwork at all? When is it planned to be released and is it kinda turning out to be some core-shit for 14 year old boys with bandana and portable schytes?

Just wondring =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
Someone get the popcorn eating smiley in here please.
<!-- Start Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.radiostreamlive.com/radiosantaclaus/widget.js"></script>
<!-- End Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #1023 (permalink)
Banan

thnx k-man
Jackson SL2H/ESP LTD Ninja 600/Schecter Jeff Loomis NT/ESP LTD RL600/Ibanez AC240 >> Polytune mini Noir>>TC Electronic Arena>>MXR Black Label Chorus>>T-Rex Replica>>Mesa Boogie MINI Rectifier/Marshall JVM1H + Mesa Boogie Lonestar 27 1x12
Old September 11th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #1024 (permalink)
krofius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FridgePack View Post
So what? What have I missed. Have't really followed this process as I whould have done..

Have they released any artwork at all? When is it planned to be released and is it kinda turning out to be some core-shit for 14 year old boys with bandana and portable schytes?

Just wondring =)
You are just ''wondring'' kk..I advise you to read back some pages and I'm sure you'll find the information you are looking for.
Old September 11th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #1025 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

Children Of Bodom "I have been playing solos all day, Alexi is done with he´s and moving on to vocals. I did just watch the first cut for COBTV #3.."

Woohoo!

Updated 27 June 2011 - Bodom and Bach!

"The more you live and the more you learn - things you don't want to know - you need to get away for a while." - Alexi Laiho, Landscape of the Soul, September 2009