Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #1251 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixSB View Post
That is what I was refering to. No chance would that have happened.
And how the hell do you know that?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:45 AM   #1252 (permalink)
AlixSB

Because I can take an educated guess.
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #1253 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

There's no such thing. Elaborate? At least I come up with some odds that make sense, you can't deny it

The Hoff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #1254 (permalink)
AlixSB

Your theory is also a guess. Your so called "odds" are complete nuisence. I could concur that my facts are that I'm sure Alexi doesnt base his song names and videos based on celebrity names. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I know everyone is anticipating the new album, but that theory was laughable. But I know what people are like in this forum.....

So we shall all accept that Alexi and the rest of the band used the name ' Was it worth it' based on Keyshia Cole's song be it subconsciously or not. And that the band again 'subconsciously or not' decided to look for a skateboarder for there video with the closest possible name to Keyshia Cole. Fine.
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #1255 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

When did I say Alexi based his song title on a celebrity? I said there is at least 1% chance (contrary to your 0%) that Alexi googled for Chris Cole and the Keyshia Cole video Was It Worth It popped onto his screen, and just maybe subconsciously it came up from his mind later when he was thinking about the title for COB song video with skateboarding. Based on the sheer unlikeliness that two different music videos have same surname and same song title. I'm fully alright if it's just coincidence, even if they probably have no relation, it's perfectly normal those things happen. Rarely is a song title so unique you can't find it anywhere else on google. Somehow the un-uniqueness of the song title increases the odds in my mind. But again, who cares, the COB WIWI will be the only song with such title anyone knows when it comes out... this is a waste of time.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : October 6th, 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #1256 (permalink)
AlixSB

So let me get this straight for everyone.

Alexi went onto google
Alexi searched for Chris Cole (his daily googling of skateboarders for his videos)
Alexi found Keyshia Cole's video 'Was it worth it'
Alexi named one of his songs based on this 'subconsciously or not'

Your theory speaks for itself my friend.
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #1257 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Roope on the new album:

"It's so massive everyone will shit themselves. Big sound. It's promising, great, fast, songs are good."

In Flames also used the "big sound" description for their newest album A Sense Of Purpose.

The Hoff
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #1258 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixSB View Post
So let me get this straight for everyone.

Alexi went onto google
Alexi searched for Chris Cole (his daily googling of skateboarders for his videos)
Alexi found Keyshia Cole's video 'Was it worth it'
Alexi named one of his songs based on this 'subconsciously or not'

Your theory speaks for itself my friend.
Do I have to wrench the letters from railways so you'll understand. This is not the philosophy thread so let it go man, people might actually be reading this.

The Hoff
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #1259 (permalink)
AlixSB

Funny. You came up with the theory. So calm it Plato
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #1260 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

I'm trying to calm you... You almost got it straight, but the last part... you can't say someone based something on subconsciousness, because basing would not be sub-conscious thinking anymore, unless it emerged in dreams.

The Hoff
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #1261 (permalink)
AlixSB

Again what you have just written is dribble. "you can't say someone based something on subconsciousness". You clearly havn't understood what I was saying. Firstly I stated "Alexi named one of his songs based on this 'subconsciously or not'" This is referring to Keyshia Cole's song ' Was it worth it' IN CLEAR ENGLISH NOW. It does make sense that you CAN base something on something else (in this case Keyshia Cole's song) subconsciously. Its the act of doing so without awareness. "because basing would not be sub-conscious thinking anymore'. I understand that. But basing subconsciously like I previously stated is doing so without awareness.

-the totality of mental processes of which the individual is not aware; unreportable mental activities.
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #1262 (permalink)
TheKid
OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Joonas> View Post
philosophy
do you know what philosophy is

Quote:
Originally Posted by protest.the.nero View Post
My fellow metalheads, I'm currently a journalism student at Humber College and I need some interviews to use for an assignment. I chose to use COB's new cd as my topic so I pretty much just need to hear some feedback from fellow fans like myself. I know we don't have a whole lot to work with, but help me out please. Also if you could leave a first name so I can know who to reference when I write my article. Thanks guys.
>pretty obvious Protest the Hero reference in username
>Protest the Hero fucking rule
>Protest the Hero are in the process of making a new album RIGHT NOW
>chooses COB

:|
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Do you neglect correct math in the same way?

"2+2 isn't 4 dude"
"C'MON MAN THIS ISN'T SCHOOL AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK"
Silly Muffin, 2+2 is 4.

Old October 6th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #1263 (permalink)
Necroraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid View Post

Opinions though.
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #1264 (permalink)
TheKid
OFR

^stay trve

Not to mention the fact that they're actually interacting with their fans a fuckton which is more than can be said for BODOM
Quote:
Quote:

"2+2 isn't 4 dude"
Silly Muffin, 2+2 is 4.

Old October 7th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #1265 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Here's the part of 69 Eyes' latest album's making of where you have the band commenting on what Matt Hyde did to their music and an interview of the guy himself:

Alexi already said the new album is more guitar riff oriented, same thing you can hear on this video right before Matt's speech, so it's a bit concerning, but I dig the guy and hope this time he did get into the keyboard world and didn't strip it down too much. I'm not saying the same stuff is gonna happen, especially as COB has been ripped off prominent keyboards since FTR, but a reference point anyway.

69 Eyes used to be a rock band like this, then they developed the atmospheric goth style with keyboards and stuff that made them great, now with this album they lost the magic. But this time their songwriting was weaker too. But I don't see how stripping down the automatic atmosphere boost of keyboards compensates for bad songwriting... I guess be good at whatever you do, and when you have nothing it's easy to make simple rock sound alright.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : October 7th, 2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #1266 (permalink)
protest.the.nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Joonas> View Post
I seriously didn't understand your first post. You're doing what?

-Expectations for the album: I could give you an analytical thought line based on facts we already know (it's all over this thread especially the last few pages), or I could give you the fact the band has held fans in almost total black out concerning their new album, and anyone can draw their own conclusions from that.

-The song titles, if they are indeed the final versions, are something we've not seen from the band before. Especially the title of the new video track Was It Worth It is something you couldn't have expected from this band. Usually their song titles are more subjective. However, the titles refer to the album style being quite dark, as stated by the band.

-The tracks were completely recorded before the current tour started - it's all done.
Thanks a lot for the info might I ask you a first and last name so I know who to quote in my article?
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #1267 (permalink)
protest.the.nero

Quote:
do you know what philosophy is

>pretty obvious Protest the Hero reference in username
>Protest the Hero are in the process of making a new album RIGHT NOW
>chooses COB

:|
I couldn't find any press releases for Protest the Hero, which is what this assignment is based off of or believe me I would have Don't get me wrong though, I still love Bodom.
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #1268 (permalink)
kilon
I told you!

I don't know 69 Eyes, but this is what I got from it:
They have no keyboard player in the band, so it's all recorded and not reproduced live. Hyde wanted to focus more on what the band itself is, which is guitar oriented.

The difference with CoB? CoB does have a keyboard player so that means he can't restrict them to guitars for that reason.
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #1269 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the info might I ask you a first and last name so I know who to quote in my article?
You're persistent. I helped you out, check your PM.

The Hoff
Old October 7th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #1270 (permalink)
Conti
Chief Conti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilon View Post
I don't know 69 Eyes, but this is what I got from it:
They have no keyboard player in the band, so it's all recorded and not reproduced live. Hyde wanted to focus more on what the band itself is, which is guitar oriented.

The difference with CoB? CoB does have a keyboard player so that means he can't restrict them to guitars for that reason.
exactly
Old October 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #1271 (permalink)
TheKid
OFR

Quote:
I couldn't find any press releases for Protest the Hero, which is what this assignment is based off of or believe me I would have Don't get me wrong though, I still love Bodom.
Their official facebook page has photos, progress announcements and studio update videos galore, go check it out dude
Quote:
Quote:

"2+2 isn't 4 dude"
Silly Muffin, 2+2 is 4.

Old October 7th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #1272 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

Quote:
^stay trve

Not to mention the fact that they're actually interacting with their fans a fuckton which is more than can be said for BODOM
Interacting is nice, yeah.. but if you mean via internet.. well especially that should be left to the band members themselves. They dont owe you anything. If they chill with you after the gig that's great, if you get this *they 're really down to earth buddies*feeling but you can't expect them to do that. Of course it is awesome that they make money with playing and recording music and that they shoudlnt complain too much about a hard life because that sounds crazy to people with shit jobs but I dont dislike a band if they dont send me emails or stuff.

EPIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined View Post
And onto the ignore list you go.
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #1273 (permalink)
Hellhounds On My Trail
\m/ Greek Metalhead \m/

From Facebook:

Video shoot yesterday somewhere in north Pennsylvania. First time we actually didn΄t get bored while waiting the next scene. Entertainment was provided, thanks guys. More info soon.
-J & H
Old October 8th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #1274 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Was this another video or the skateboarding one?

Oct 5 Louisville gig
Oct 6 North Pennsylvania filming video
Oct 7 Philadelphia gig

Geographically they're close. But I thought they filmed the video before Wednesday...

The Hoff
Old October 8th, 2010, 06:13 AM   #1275 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

Steve Lagudi: "Fun time tonight with the Bodom guys as always, I got to listen to the new album and HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! IT FUCKING SLAYS!!!!!!!!!!"

Updated 27 June 2011 - Bodom and Bach!

"The more you live and the more you learn - things you don't want to know - you need to get away for a while." - Alexi Laiho, Landscape of the Soul, September 2009