Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

After this Fall's North America tour COB will have a little break and then start writing new material for their next album which (realistically) should be released Fall 2010 or Spring 2011. We have no clue what's gonna come out but let's discuss. What do you think is gonna happen with the music, and what would you want to happen.

The Hoff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

WANT: To be surprised again. Direction? A mix between HCD and BD, which are pretty similar but different somehow. Tonewise I'd like it to go closer to HCD, my favourite tone definitely.

THINK IT'LL SOUND: I have no idea. Depends on Alexi's mood and after his injury and stuff dunno how it'll go. It may go again a bit more on the hard in your face style but I also think it may come out a bit more melodic than BD. But agan, as it's all on Alexi and he doesn't usually repeat, I have no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

I'd really like them to regain some of that Bodom -themed mystery that was going on during the first albums. That goes for three things: Song themes, Cover artwork and of course the Atmoshperic soundscape. Songs should somehow relate to the Bodom mystery - I want Lake Bodom back to the cover art, and more essential synthesizer backgrounds.

Referring to that, what's going on these days is songs about alcoholism and bone breaking, cartoonic artworks and maybe too much guitar riff and vocal based soundscape. I don't want the riffs to just come and go, I want musical pieces that leave something to you.

Of course they can write the COB Goes LOG Album, but that would be a sad day and force me to look for deeper kind of music. Not saying Blooddrunk was a disappointment, it just missed the aforementioned elements.

And as for the patterns of the songs, I'd like to see some of that used in Silent Night or Everytime I Die - when you compare them to for example Banned From Heaven, they're not songs with cool parts to them, they're great thorought. And I wouldn't mind another jaw-dropping 3 and a half minute ultra fast solo track that would depress a lot of people trying to write impressive instrumental pieces.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : July 6th, 2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
eveningninja
Skull Kid

OLD BODOM -VS- NEW BODOM TOPIC #382475252

ROUND ONE

FIGHT!

my Laiho contest video

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeznep View Post
SERIOSLY!!!!!!

I've watched "Chaos Ridden Years Stockholm Live" several times now and I get more angry everytime. I hate Alexi of all my heart cuz he's got all the cool stuff to himself.

Alexi got like 2 mins to do some solos, the drummis got some time aswell and the same with the kboard. But Roope gets like 10 sec then alexi comes in on the scene. WHY THE FUCK? LET ROOPE PLAY, OOOOOhh im sorry, Alexi will get to Jelous. Stupid idiot.
Seriosly.
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rox138

The next european tour will be in a lonnnng time =/
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
EddyRX10
rtard

I want Kissing the Shadows 2 e.g
Guitar solo -> Keyboard Solo -> Guitar Solo -> Keyboard Solo -> Guitar arps -> Keyboard and guitar arps -> epic ending duel solo diddly.

That'll do me

Me Tarding on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/EddyRX10
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

^I'd like that.

I'd also like them to make a really fast and heavy death metal song with unusual vocals and moody synthesizers... Diversity is sometimes better than making compromises.

In my personal opinion for example Lobodomy would've been a better song if it was simply paced up at parts and didn't have that smurf part to it with the cheesy out-of-place unison melody.

Tie My Rope would kick so much ass if they included a mega doublebass attack after the first Yaow scream, would go down well with those keyboard notes mixing in.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : July 6th, 2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old July 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
arvoitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox138 View Post
The next european tour will be in a lonnnng time =/
Ah fuck ...

Anyway, they won't go back to a FTR album.
So i'm guessing it will be another Blooddrunk type of album, which (perhaps) will be influenced by the artist they are touring with.
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
the phenom

COB WILL BECOME SLIPKNOT-COPIES AND GET TURNTABLES AND CLOWNS!!!!

YOU ALL LOSE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
WANT: To be surprised again. Direction? A mix between HCD and BD, which are pretty similar but different somehow. Tonewise I'd like it to go closer to HCD, my favourite tone definitely.
Same here !! i wish they will take some risks in the structure of the songs.
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Andry_Wildchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
I'd really like them to regain some of that Bodom -themed mystery that was going on during the first albums. That goes for three things: Song themes, Cover artwork and of course the Atmoshperic soundscape. Songs should somehow relate to the Bodom mystery - I want Lake Bodom back to the cover art, and more essential synthesizer backgrounds.

Referring to that, what's going on these days is songs about alcoholism and bone breaking, cartoonic artworks and maybe too much guitar riff and vocal based soundscape. I don't want the riffs to just come and go, I want musical pieces that leave something to you.

Of course they can write the COB Goes LOG Album, but that would be a sad day and force me to look for deeper kind of music. Not saying Blooddrunk was a disappointment, it just missed the aforementioned elements.

And as for the patterns of the songs, I'd like to see some of that used in Silent Night or Everytime I Die - when you compare them to for example Banned From Heaven, they're not songs with cool parts to them, they're great thorought. And I wouldn't mind another jaw-dropping 3 and a half minute ultra fast solo track that would depress a lot of people trying to write impressive instrumental pieces.
I agree with you.
I want them to make a very melodic album...melodies mix with some kick ass riff.
And maybe a slow song...something like ADK/Everytime i die...a song which can let you fell something
-Is God willing to prevent evil,but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.-Is he able,but not willing?Then he is malevolent.-Is he both able,and willing?Then whence cometh evil?-Is he neither able nor willing?Then why call him God?
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
LordAbortion

It would be interesting if he broke out the lower vocals he did on Inearthed not sure how that would turn out........but it would be interesting
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
vitorias123
Faceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
^I'd like that.

I'd also like them to make a really fast and heavy death metal song with unusual vocals and moody synthesizers... Diversity is sometimes better than making compromises.
Tie My Rope would kick so much ass if they included a mega doublebass attack after the first Yaow scream, would go down well with those keyboard notes mixing in.
I agree with this,but i doubt this will happen.COB will probably make some nu metal album.As far as i know Alexi listens to rap a lot lately,sop i expect some rap influences.
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
dagurgisla

Their sound will get more farty.
I swear I'll go out in my backyard, take a chainsaw, cut my legs off, dig my eyes out of their sockets with a spoon and eat them, cut off my penis with a plastic knife, barbecue it and feed it to my dogs and finally slit my wrists with a credit card if you really mean that
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
mocobhc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorias123 View Post
As far as i know Alexi listens to rap a lot lately,sop i expect some rap influences.
You´re right, since he´s definitely influenced a lot by what he listened to all the time. Blooddrunk is a good example for that. I also expect them to evolve in an "American" or Blooddrunk style once more. They definitely won´t turn back to those classical influences (although I wouldn´t mind it that much ).

Blooddrunk was not bad but somehow all the songs had the same sound for my ears. Especially the keyboard was somehow "replaceable" in each song, so I would look forward to an album with more "diversity" (hope one can understand what I mean?).

Old July 6th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
valkokukka
I can still feel it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocobhc View Post
You´re right, since he´s definitely influenced a lot by what he listened to all the time. Blooddrunk is a good example for that. I also expect them to evolve in an "American" or Blooddrunk style once more. They definitely won´t turn back to those classical influences (although I wouldn´t mind it that much ).
I was thinking earlier today that now when he is spending more time in Los Angeles do we get LA influenced album next time? I don't mind if next album would be Blooddrunk style, I just hope they won't evolve too much towards LOG. What I want them to do? I want Alexi to surprise me, with something new and fresh.
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
<Arcane>

They won't do a new HB/FTR/HCDR album so I think the next one will be the same like BD. I think this cause I don't know how they can change their music again. I mean there was a change from HB/FTR to HCDR where the music was heavier, again a heavier influence in AYDY and on top of the heaviest albums is BD.
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
niteshade

I totally agree with mocobhc, Blooddrunk was no doubt a good album, but the keyboards were replaceable, and the atmospheric quality of the earlier albums seems somewhat lost. A return of both those qualities would be no less than EPIC!
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkokukka View Post
What I want them to do? I want Alexi to surprise me, with something new and fresh.
Yes, that would be really cool - and I think he will

Updated 27 June 2011 - Bodom and Bach!

"The more you live and the more you learn - things you don't want to know - you need to get away for a while." - Alexi Laiho, Landscape of the Soul, September 2009
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

This time I'm gonna keep my hopes low so I won't be so easily disappointed. What concerns me tho is it feels like Blooddrunk was the peak of their career and they have no idea what the hell they're gonna do next. "Make another one, tour around the place, same shit." I don't like that attitude. I would hold my hopes higher if he said they're anxious to get back to making new kind of music. I'm afraid they're gonna do what In Flames did with their newest.

The Hoff
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
mocobhc

You mean some lack of inspiration in a way... yeah I guess one can get that impression. Well maybe it would would do no harm if they all had a bit time to concentrate on something non-Bodom before writing new stuff, just to be free in mind and full of new ideas, dedication and energy for a really cool new album.

Old July 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Fastbodom
I Spit on Your Grave

THEY SHOULD DO MORE WORK LIKE FALLOW THE REAPER,HATEBREEDER,HATECREW DEATHROLL albums

that was the Real thing

alexi always says there first albums where like to much music and computerized and not metal...

WTH dude the Solos in those albums gave me Hardons

atleast they sound like they really put time in it and not that Quick wright a song alike

sorry but blooddrunk and aydy . they are below Bodoms Level !

they sound oke but its not what bodom stands for
if you look at janne on gigs, he is always like sleeping arround and with a bored face. wich you didnt saw when bodom did fallow the reaper,hatebreeder,hatecrewdeathroll tours. cause he had more melodics to do. all he does now is some crappy solo and a few background sounds

Edwards E-AL-120 Alexi Scythe EMG- HZ-H4 - MM-04
Edwards E-AL-120 Alexi Arrowhead EMG- HZ-H4 - MM-04
Jackson RR Alexi Wildchild Replica Jackson J-50BC - JE-1000
Jackson RR Alexi Green pinstripe replica J50BC - JE-1000
Jackson RR24 yellow black J50BC- JE-1000
Marshall MG-100-DFX
Lee Jackson GP-1000 88 Model modded.
Rocktron intellifex Online,
Lee Jackson SP-1000

Last edited by Fastbodom : July 6th, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Flappy
Fetch me a carrot.

Daar ben ik het helemaal mee eens schat! Tot op zekere hoogte in ieder geval.

~Chuck is not dead, the devil just wanted guitar lessons.~
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Nerve
Record Collector

As I'm one of the few who liked BD (and even more AYDY), I like the new direction they took. [OLD-VS-NEW POSITION : I like all the albums, early style as new one.] I just hope they're not gonna record a pale and quick album just to make a 7th, as In Flames and LOG did these years.

What I would like... More electronic stuff. More diverse keyboard sounds, not the typical COB one. More Destruction-like riffs.

But it's gonna be hard for me to be disappointed by a COB album. Yet I'm probably the only one.

"Music is not product, music is not software, music is not content. (...) It's fucking art. I've always loved the idea of the album as the equivalent of a novel, or a great film. You wouldn't pick up a novel and read chapter 6 and then read chapter 1 and then read chapter 13; you wouldn't rent a DVD and watch the middle of the movie before you watch the beginning."
- Steven Wilson
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!

I want more songs like Kissing the shadows, everytime i die, angels don't kill...

Want it to be new stuff but not to strait away from their old sound...

But i think that Alexi, Henkka, Roope and Jaska wont let us down, they still have the will to make extremley good metal i suppose, and whatever the will make up for this coming album i'm not ifrait that it will let me down at all thats's why they are and probably will be my favorite band of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
Someone get the popcorn eating smiley in here please.
<!-- Start Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.radiostreamlive.com/radiosantaclaus/widget.js"></script>
<!-- End Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->