Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
WildChildNumber2
Number 1 Shredder :D

New Children of Bodom vs Old Children of Bodom. The Argument.

There has been heaps of stuff going around about Old Children of Bodom being way better then the Current/New Children of Bodom.

All this talk about the albums after Hate Crew Deathroll being so lame.

I dont agree with this. I believe Children of Bodom still produce amazing music. I do prefer there previous albums such as Hatebreeder, but im still insanely in love with Are You Dead Yet? and Blooddrunk

Children of Bodom also shouldve released a new album rather than "Skeletons in the Closet", a cover album. But its still good i guess

Whats your view on "New Children of Bodom vs Old Children of Bodom"?
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lussi

You should know that almost every thread leads to that discussion
I personally like both so i'm a pleased fan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
ziltoid
Quantum-mechanically pure

As the previous comment stated, there are a lot of discussion among that, to simplify it, i think that they were an awesome original kickass metal band, now they are just a copy of a grind american band to sympathize North America, i hope that they return towards their roots in the next album

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
WildChildNumber2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lussi View Post
You should know that almost every thread leads to that discussion
I personally like both so i'm a pleased fan
I am exactly like you! People are having such massive arguments, but I dont understand why D: There the BEST band in the WORLD

And I know there are heaps of posts about this topic, but this is the OFFICIAL one ;D Lol
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kochon
Fuck.

Both of them are fucking great in their own way.

The darkest souls are not those wich choose to exist within the hell of the abyss,
but those wich choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 02:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
TheSleepingDrummer
Senior Reaper

ANY usual thread would meet it's demise this way.

Does this mean it will end with us talking about something competely NOT related? :O
Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
As the previous comment stated, there are a lot of discussion among that, to simplify it, i think that they were an awesome original kickass metal band, now they are just a copy of a grind american band to sympathize North America, i hope that they return towards their roots in the next album
omg!
Ziltoid!!
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
MoonSoul

I also like the old and the new stuff. But for me I can see a difference between the old and the new material.
The old stuff seemed to be more "childish" - means curious, playfull, colourfull, "the guitar has to have the last word in the song - nah, the keyboard!". (I hope you get, what I´m trying to say.)
This thing I miss a lot if it comes to the new material. But the new songs are also very good.
And I can see why the stuff had changed. Everyone changes, every life changes and also the taste changes.
And there is always the urge to move on with the art that you´re doing, if you are an artist - no matter: musician, painter, writer. Everyone wants to go on, to grow on, to do better or different stuff. I think, that these are some of the reasons, why their music changed.
And even if I like the old stuff a bit more, I think the change is a a good thing too. Because they changed in a good way. They sound a little bit more grown up now. Not the little, playfull boys anymore - who already knew what and how to do. But grown up men, who are aware of what they can do and what they want to do. And they do it also in a great way. So, yes, I miss the playfull banter of the old songs. But I enjoy the compact sound of the new ones also.

Last edited by MoonSoul : October 2nd, 2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
eveningninja
Skull Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSleepingDrummer View Post

Does this mean it will end with us talking about something competely NOT related? :O
Good point. Let's start the process...

So I'm eating some strawberry yogurt right now while listening to amazing classical/filmscore-esque music. Definitely awesome music to listen to while eating dairy products.

-edit-- Oh wait, it has to be COMPLETELY not related, I just brought up music. imdoinitwrong. SORRY

my Laiho contest video

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeznep View Post
SERIOSLY!!!!!!

I've watched "Chaos Ridden Years Stockholm Live" several times now and I get more angry everytime. I hate Alexi of all my heart cuz he's got all the cool stuff to himself.

Alexi got like 2 mins to do some solos, the drummis got some time aswell and the same with the kboard. But Roope gets like 10 sec then alexi comes in on the scene. WHY THE FUCK? LET ROOPE PLAY, OOOOOhh im sorry, Alexi will get to Jelous. Stupid idiot.
Seriosly.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
WildChildNumber2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSoul View Post
I also like the old and the new stuff. But for me I can see a difference between the old and the new material.
The old stuff seemed to be more "childish" - means curious, playfull, colourfull, "the guitar has to have the last word in the song - nah, the keyboard!". (I hope you get, what I´m trying to say.)
This thing I miss a lot if it comes to the new material. But the new songs are also very good.
And I can see why the stuff had changed. Everyone changes, every life changes and also the taste changes.
And there is always the urge to move on with the art that you´re doing, if you are an artist - no matter: musician, painter, writer. Everyone wants to go on, to grow on, to do better or different stuff. I think, that these are some of the reasons, why their music changed.
And even if I like the old stuff a bit more, I think the change is a a good thing too. Because they changed in a good way. They sound a little bit more grown up now. Not the little, playfull boys anymore - who already knew what and how to do. But grown up men, who are aware of what they can do and what they want to do. And they do it also in a great way. So, yes, I miss the playfull banter of the old songs. But I enjoy the compact sound of the new ones also.
Yea you made a good point. I like them both, but I prefer the Old Bodom more lol
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
WildChildNumber2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSleepingDrummer View Post

Dude, I have no idea what you said in the first sentence.

And for the second sentence... I dunno how to reply to that, lmao.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
NeedledDude
Hate Crew

I love all Bodom's albums (including Inearthed times) In every album they change sound 1 way or another.
And its a good thing! I cant imagine COB now with same 6 albums like FTR OR SW.
Every band changes their sound becouse staying in same place sucks major balls, know wha i mean?
Its funny when "veteran" or "elite" fans judging Blooddrunk beeing commercial or "american". They will never gonna get back to previous days!
They a going forward and dont wanna look back. Thats why i love Bodoms so much!
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
XxSNAPxX
[HYDRAKUS]

...really...i whole thread devoted to the one thing all threads eventually talk about at one time there existence. Wow. It's time for us all to go kill ourselves. But really, in all honesty the whold old/new bodom thing is tired, and the thing is, no matter what you think they'll move in the musical direction they want to. Sure, state your opinion, but the fact that it always turns into an argument is bogus.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
SomeoneWild
Fiesta's Angels

I think old bodom is better. I think we really need to discuss this. So what is everyone's favorite album? Mine is hatebreeder.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
XxSNAPxX
[HYDRAKUS]

hatebreeder. although still i think all bodom is good in it's own unique way. hence my rather nuetral stance in the whole argument, and also hence my thinking it's pointless.lol. Hatebreeder is the best album imo, the melodies and tone are great, the vocals are top notch, but yeah, still...bodom is the best band ever new or old.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
MoonSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSNAPxX View Post
...really...i whole thread devoted to the one thing all threads eventually talk about at one time there existence. Wow. It's time for us all to go kill ourselves. But really, in all honesty the whold old/new bodom thing is tired, and the thing is, no matter what you think they'll move in the musical direction they want to. Sure, state your opinion, but the fact that it always turns into an argument is bogus.
Yes, maybe you´re right and maybe it´s really lame to talk about the old/new-thing. And you´ll be also right by saying, that they will do, what they want to do.
But I guess, like any other artist, they´re maybe interested in getting some feedback. ;-) Dunno. But I can imagine this. However...
Just stating my opinion doesn´t mean, that I´m up to argue or to fight. My words should just show the way I see it. Nothing more, but nothing less. If somebody is seeing it in a different way, so be it. But not with me. ;-)
Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
XxSNAPxX
[HYDRAKUS]

^^^ understandable...see just there you stated your opinion on my opnion.lol.isn't the world in the forums great. we're all opinionated. lol. but yeah...could we all agree though...bodom is a good band in general before hashing out the whole era thing?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
bodomite
Your Executioner

I prefer their older stuff IMO their new stuff is still good however they used to be so much more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodomite
im drinking Gatorade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brookes
oh man you must have aids lol
Quote:
Really thats why i have all those sores
ITS OFFICIAL BODOMITE HAS AIDS BUT YOU CAN HELP BY SENDING HIM BEER MONEY TO THE BODOMITE FUND PLEASE CALL OUR SAVE BODOMITE FUND LINE AND PLEDGE YOU MONEY TO SAVE BODOMITE FROM TOTAL DAMNDATION REMEMBER YOUR NOT ONLY SAVING A LIFE YOUR SAVING ............ uhh Bodomite....
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
BREEDER
HAISTA VITTU

Children Of Bodom been,eats and he will the BEST
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
bodomite
Your Executioner

that has to be the most epic reply I have seen in awhile

Quote:
im drinking Gatorade
Quote:
Quote:
ITS OFFICIAL BODOMITE HAS AIDS BUT YOU CAN HELP BY SENDING HIM BEER MONEY TO THE BODOMITE FUND PLEASE CALL OUR SAVE BODOMITE FUND LINE AND PLEDGE YOU MONEY TO SAVE BODOMITE FROM TOTAL DAMNDATION REMEMBER YOUR NOT ONLY SAVING A LIFE YOUR SAVING ............ uhh Bodomite....
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
TheSleepingDrummer
Senior Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningninja View Post
Good point. Let's start the process...

So I'm eating some strawberry yogurt right now while listening to amazing classical/filmscore-esque music. Definitely awesome music to listen to while eating dairy products.

-edit-- Oh wait, it has to be COMPLETELY not related, I just brought up music. imdoinitwrong. SORRY
I lol'd! xD
But on a more serious note, OLD bodom ftw.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Nikki

I prefer older Bodom.

This is because it was more fun, and more better, and sounded more original, as opposed to now where they seem to have gone on a LOG tangent.

And I do not like the LOG tangent. WHY DOES EVERY BAND HAVE TO SOUND LIKE LOG??!?!

/rant.

But really, I do like older Bodom, there was more feeling, less watered down "let's cater to the younger generation" music.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lyre's Harmony
Lunatic Soul

they are becoming more and more of a mainstream metal band, but hatebreeder and FTR will always hold a special place
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
bodomite
Your Executioner

always man always!!!

Quote:
im drinking Gatorade
Quote:
Quote:
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
SomeoneWild
Fiesta's Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyre's Harmony View Post
but hatebreeder and FTR will always hold a special place
yeah lol hatebreeder and FTR are placeholders