Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:31 PM   #226 (permalink)
reignofterror
On The Road to Ruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper666 View Post
Blabbermouth today:

HYPOCRISY Forced To Cancel North American Tour - Nov. 17, 2009
HYPOCRISY, the Swedish extreme metal band led by guitarist/vocalist Peter Tägtgren (also of PAIN), has issued the following statement in regards to its previously announced tour with ENSIFERUM and its current troubles with U.S. immigration:

"We regretfully have to officially announce the cancelation of our tour in North America. We've tried everything so far and it seems like the process will take longer than expected for one of the members in the band. We will try to come back as soon as possible, as we want to show our U.S. fans that we care for them and we are ready to play the new songs live!"
I hope they want to play the new material for the Canadian fans too....

I think I'm mostly pissed off about that fact that the Canadian dates were affected as well, when (as far as I know) there wasn't any problems with Canadian immigration.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #227 (permalink)
A1a23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
So the tour won't happen, because Peter can't get into country. UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE.

That's it for the new COB album. The hope I had was with Alexi being inspired by Hypocrisy. The new album will probably sound like Nickelback.

Nickelback? Thats actually hoping for a bit too much... The new album will probably sound like Blink-182
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #228 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofterror View Post
I hope they want to play the new material for the Canadian fans too....

I think I'm mostly pissed off about that fact that the Canadian dates were affected as well, when (as far as I know) there wasn't any problems with Canadian immigration.
no shit sherlock, think about it. they're not going to waste all that money to come to canada and play limited shows, they would lose money

and yeah i was planning on going tomorrow but ex deo and hypocrisy aren't on the bill so fuckkkk that

Youtube
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:16 AM   #229 (permalink)
Lussi

i must say that i do agree. the keyboards were a really good surprised. and, i don't know, but it's like it's what give this special sound to the album.

Last edited by Lussi : November 22nd, 2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #230 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lussi View Post
^i must say that i do agree. the keyboards were a really good surprised. and, i don't know, but it's like it's what give this special sound to the album.
Janne should've played that chorus lead in Hellhounds one octave higher like he does live, the higher pitch makes it sound sorta more dramatic. But it's quite vicious as it is. You could listen to all these keyboard pieces a lot longer, but these are fast paced COB tracks after all so they come and go, forcing to listen all over again.

Seriously when you compare the keyboard intros of Tie My Rope demo & album versions, you get an idea how Peter totally pawns Janne in terms of creating sounds.

You could also compare the intros to One Day You Will Cry and Japanese Hospitality, aka Tägtgren vs Janne.

I'm waiting for Janne to confirm this, but as long as he does I remain confident he didn't form those Blooddrunk sounds by himself. If he did however then I'm amazed.

He's a "piano shredder" after all, not a sound visionist. Or maybe it's just what COB / Alexi wants. I'm not saying it was Janne's idea to kill off much of the keys in AYDY and some choruses in HCDR / T,L&S.

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : November 20th, 2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old November 20th, 2009, 02:27 AM   #231 (permalink)
Janne Warman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonas Lehtonen View Post
Janne should've played that chorus lead in Hellhounds one octave higher like he does live, the higher pitch makes it sound sorta more dramatic. But it's quite vicious as it is. You could listen to all these keyboard pieces a lot longer, but these are fast paced COB tracks after all so they come and go, forcing to listen all over again.

Seriously when you compare the keyboard intros of Tie My Rope demo & album versions, you get an idea how Peter totally pawns Janne in terms of creating sounds.

You could also compare the intros to One Day You Will Cry and Japanese Hospitality, aka Tägtgren vs Janne.

I'm waiting for Janne to confirm this, but as long as he does I remain confident he didn't form those Blooddrunk sounds by himself. If he did however then I'm amazed.

He's a "piano shredder" after all, not a sound visionist. Or maybe it's just what COB / Alexi wants. I'm not saying it was Janne's idea to kill off much of the keys in AYDY and some choruses in HCDR / T,L&S.
First of all I would never have commented on this unless Kal had forwarded this shit to me right in the middle of my morning coffee.

Joonas you are one of the biggest idiots of all time!

You are comparing two intros I have done and then how the fuck does this relate to Tägtgren? What the fuck?
I did ODYWC and I did obviously Warmen. It´s a different sound, so what? Jesus. I repeat BOTH are done by me. And I got owned? Fuck off.

Peter helped us with ONE sound on the BD album. ONE. Me and Alexi did 99.9% of the sounds. He was supposed to do more but time was rather limited.

I would really like you to stop posting shit asshole.

Last edited by Janne Warman : November 20th, 2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:04 AM   #232 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Rest of the convo: Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:41 AM   #233 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

i take back my statement in the religion thread jewnass, you are an idiot

janne is god, never fuck with him.

Youtube
Old November 22nd, 2009, 04:26 AM   #234 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

Dude Joonas, wtf happened to you?
Weren't you like the biggest fucking fanboy a year ago?
Old November 22nd, 2009, 01:20 PM   #235 (permalink)
Nikki

Maybe he's butthurt that he couldn't get backstage to a show.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 02:22 PM   #236 (permalink)
dreams_of_eternal_hate
I'm in space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne Warman View Post

sig'd.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 12:35 AM   #237 (permalink)
reignofterror
On The Road to Ruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_of_threads View Post
no shit sherlock, think about it. they're not going to waste all that money to come to canada and play limited shows, they would lose money

and yeah i was planning on going tomorrow but ex deo and hypocrisy aren't on the bill so fuckkkk that
I'm not stupid. I realize that it is probably counterproductive. But over a third of the tour dates were in Canada.

I'm just saying that it sucks that Canadian fans got screwed out of seeing them when (as far as we know), the problem didn't have anything to do with Canadian immigration.
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #238 (permalink)
Krow
It's never over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMCsteve View Post
Dude Joonas, wtf happened to you?
Weren't you like the biggest fucking fanboy a year ago?
Its called growing up.
Old November 28th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #239 (permalink)
Ensi
CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne Warman View Post
Yo Janne, I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but Peter Tägtgren had one of the best keyboard sounds of all time!

Gear:
Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, LTD MH-1000ET, JS30RR, Fender CD-60, Squier Vint. Mod 5-string J-bass
EVH 5150 III 50w, Harley Benton 2x12 v30, ISP Decimator, Maxon OD808, Korg Pitchblack
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Redeye 3D Phantom, Yamaha HS8, Shure SM57, T-Bone SC400, M-Audio Q40
YouTube | SoundCloud
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:12 AM   #240 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

EPIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined View Post
And onto the ignore list you go.
Old November 30th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #241 (permalink)
Miss_Sonia

I dunno I'm still debating about going to the show if I can find a friend to go with. I figure I have the ticket and have already freed my saturday so why not. It still really sucks though considering this was announced THE DAY AFTER I bought my ticket and I was only going to see them and Alexi =/
Old November 30th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #242 (permalink)
Nikki

I'm still going to the NYC show...need my tickets though....
Old November 30th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #243 (permalink)
Enemy242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensi View Post
Yo Janne, I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but Peter Tägtgren had one of the best keyboard sounds of all time!
brilliant
http://www.thrashunlimited.com/forum...orum.php?f=176
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #244 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Sonia View Post
I dunno I'm still debating about going to the show if I can find a friend to go with. I figure I have the ticket and have already freed my saturday so why not. It still really sucks though considering this was announced THE DAY AFTER I bought my ticket and I was only going to see them and Alexi =/
Just pay my ticket and I'll roll with you
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #245 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensi View Post
Epic Win.
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #246 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

This is an epic fail and a sad day in metal. They couldn't decide how to spell "Peter" so they canceled the whole fucking tour for them. Why not just say how about das kleinen swedish pottwal faggot with chinese beard. At least I have something to tell my grandchildren how things were handled back in the day.
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM   #247 (permalink)
DeneveR

We are looking forward to see this next generation of little Joonas'es on this forum!!! :O
Wow, i laughed so hard at Jannes pathetic rage.
Old December 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM   #248 (permalink)
Lussi

Janne had his reasons but Joonas always stays calm and speak his mind.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:47 PM   #249 (permalink)
Miss_Sonia

For anyone still going to the NYC show on Saturday I just received word the venue was switched to the Gramercy Theater and doors are now at 10.
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #250 (permalink)
COBHC Rayza

Im real sorry for resurrecting this Dead thread, but is that really Janne?