Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM   #126 (permalink)
ajhart

Whoa tough crowd. Thanks though Kai And go ahead, tell me I'll regret it all you want. It's not some spur of the moment thing I did. Not that it's any of your business but I used to have a severe phobia of death. It gave me horrible anxiety attacks all the time. Then I found metal...and Bodom lifted me out of the darkest times in my life, and helped me to not be afraid anymore. Tattoos for me are like stamps in a passport...they mark significant parts of your journey- and so far, what my tattoo represents has been one of the biggest life changing moments in mine, and I am absolutely thrilled that I will carry it with me for the rest of my life.

As for the quality, like I said, the pic is super shitty, but it's perfectly legible and sharp up close- the artist did an awesome job! I wish I could take a better pic but its hard to take a picture of your back.

Also, it's on that area of my body for a reason. Before I found metal, I was just a scared, spineless person. So metaphorically speaking, it gave me a backbone. Hence the placement.

Last edited by ajhart : January 22nd, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM   #127 (permalink)
Kai ugly

I like it even more after the explanation! The font of the writing is very bodom And yes, tough crowd obviously. Especially girls, always bitching about something. life is too short to worry about what others think of you tattoos, I'm glad you are perfectly happy with it. I can't decide what type of cob tattoo I'd like for myself!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:55 PM   #128 (permalink)
ajhart

Thank you so much! Yes, I'm in love with the font, I wish you could see it better- it's like their signature font, I used Civitype. It looks pretty authentic And no kidding eh, I fully expected a large amount of negative reactions when I got it, so this is not a surprise haha but I'm glad you like it!! I love that you're getting a cob tattoo as well, make sure to post a pic when it's done!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:58 PM   #129 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhart View Post
Whoa tough crowd. Thanks though Kai And go ahead, tell me I'll regret it all you want. It's not some spur of the moment thing I did. Not that it's any of your business but I used to have a severe phobia of death. It gave me horrible anxiety attacks all the time. Then I found metal...and Bodom lifted me out of the darkest times in my life, and helped me to not be afraid anymore. Tattoos for me are like stamps in a passport...they mark significant parts of your journey- and so far, what my tattoo represents has been one of the biggest life changing moments in mine, and I am absolutely thrilled that I will carry it with me for the rest of my life.

As for the quality, like I said, the pic is super shitty, but it's perfectly legible and sharp up close- the artist did an awesome job! I wish I could take a better pic but its hard to take a picture of your back.

Also, it's on that area of my body for a reason. Before I found metal, I was just a scared, spineless person. So metaphorically speaking, it gave me a backbone. Hence the placement.

EPIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined View Post
And onto the ignore list you go.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:16 PM   #130 (permalink)
Kai ugly

K
Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #131 (permalink)
QueenDeuce

i think it's hot
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:21 PM   #132 (permalink)
Bodomy1022

I like Cob tattoo's... I actually got cobhc tattooed today... I don't think I'm going to regret it and if I do, then thats my business.

^ made by me
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:29 PM   #133 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDeuce View Post
i think it's hot
But you can't say the pic wouldn't be hotter from the other side!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:35 PM   #134 (permalink)
ajhart

I have small boobs, don't get all excited
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:59 PM   #135 (permalink)
Kai ugly

You have a great backside lemme just say
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:23 AM   #136 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by (__Joonas__) View Post
You guys will all regret your tattoos, I'm happy to have none.
Don't post if you're not interested.

Personally I love tattoos and am in the process of getting my sleeve done. The ones posted in this thread look great.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:53 AM   #137 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Quote:
Proof it!
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:30 AM   #138 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

^

EPIC!!

Quote:
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:58 AM   #139 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
Don't post if you're not interested.
I am interested, and occasionally try to think of a cool tattoo, but so far no decisions. What's hindering my process of getting a tattoo is seeing all those tats that have transformed into dark green wad gunks that look like skin cancer.

The Hoff
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:55 AM   #140 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Quote:
I don't believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post
Proof it!
This.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:17 PM   #141 (permalink)
Kai ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by (__Joonas__) View Post
I am interested, and occasionally try to think of a cool tattoo, but so far no decisions. What's hindering my process of getting a tattoo is seeing all those tats that have transformed into dark green wad gunks that look like skin cancer.

Tattoo's shouldn't end up looking like that, they do require maintenance. With proper care & touch up's they'll stay fresh. People should be aware of this before they decide to get one. If anything, tattoos just end up being annoyingly costly for some people.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #142 (permalink)
ajhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai ugly View Post
You have a great backside lemme just say
Hahaha well thank you!!

And Kai's right about the aftercare- the green, splotchy thing shouldn't happen if you get it done at a reputable tattoo shop and commit to proper aftercare...a lot of the tattoos like that that you see were done years ago when the ink wasn't as high quality as it is today...just like technology, tattoos have evolved and gotten much better.
Old January 24th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #143 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

well you mean the aftercare right after you got it or the aftercare for coming years? because after its healed it doesnt require that much attention unless you are sunwhore.

EPIC!!

Quote:
Old January 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #144 (permalink)
ajhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
well you mean the aftercare right after you got it or the aftercare for coming years? because after its healed it doesnt require that much attention unless you are sunwhore.
Mostly the immediate after care...it can really affect the overall quality if you don't make every effort to allow it to heal properly... but you're right, exposing it to the sun in the future can really fuck it up.
Old January 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #145 (permalink)
Kai ugly

If it's on a place where it will get any sun exposure you should put sun screen on everyday, but other than that tattoos shouldn't turn green or whatever ..
Old February 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #146 (permalink)
Mcclenagan

Alot of self righteousness on this board. Its their tattoo, their money and maybe someday their regret. Who knows. Talking down to them ain't gonna make a damn difference to them. Just like I laugh when people rip all mine. They are awesome tattoos by the way. Hail the hatecrew.
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #147 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcclenagan View Post
Hail the hatecrew.
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #148 (permalink)
Necroraven

Faija anna mun ajaa mökkitie.
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #149 (permalink)
Andu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroraven View Post
Faija anna mun ajaa mökkitie.
lupaanettä saunaa vettä vieeeeen
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:32 AM   #150 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Muistan kivet ja kannot tän soratien!