Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:16 PM   #301 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

The Helsinki show was completely awesome: loved the new stage design, lighting, pyro, and of course, getting to hear the new songs. The guys seem to have found a renewed enthusiasm and were really enjoying themselves, especially Janne with his two keyboards! This tour should be hugely successful for them - can't wait to see them again in London

Updated 27 June 2011 - Bodom and Bach!

"The more you live and the more you learn - things you don't want to know - you need to get away for a while." - Alexi Laiho, Landscape of the Soul, September 2009
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:28 PM   #302 (permalink)
Vaneessjjee
and the story ends.

@ Sleeper

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:07 AM   #303 (permalink)
Celeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper666 View Post
The guys seem to have found a renewed enthusiasm and were really enjoying themselves, especially Janne with his two keyboards!
Second that. Would love to see them at summer. Jaska did mention that they might have one summer festival gig in Finland. Cant wait since I really want to see some pyros too (in a club gig no flames )
Old March 23rd, 2011, 04:13 AM   #304 (permalink)
Kassiopeia

Girls, I'm going to freak out!!! Still 20 nights to sleep, but I'm so squirelly now, that I don't know how to survive the time until Pratteln.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 04:45 AM   #305 (permalink)
chb
COB Hate Crew Member

Those two festivals look fcking amazing !! Wish I could go there !

Roope: Just that we hope to play more often in Denmark, it has always been one of my favorite places, I've been to Roskilde Festival many times.. and I hope they would also take us some time

BIG THANX to Conti from here for letting me buy Jaska's stick from him !! I LOVE that stick SO much!1
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:09 AM   #306 (permalink)
marijohanna
deesnider

Finnish Iltasanomat wrote about last night something like "Fans get stoked for Children Of Bodom in Helsinki". Nice thing was that the story was online before 11PM yesterday
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/Chi...377585810.html

// Huh, aika "hesarinkeskustelumaista" tuo juttuun liittynyt keskustelu... //
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM   #307 (permalink)
marijohanna
deesnider

Celeb: The only festival gig in Finland will be in Oulu http://www.qstock.org/2011/bandit

Last edited by marijohanna : March 23rd, 2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:03 AM   #308 (permalink)
Celeb

^^Oh, thanks for the info. Well, I know where I'm gonna be 29.-30.7. this summer...
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:44 PM   #309 (permalink)
reignofterror
On The Road to Ruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4T0U View Post
KISS, Motorhead and Anthrax are headlining anyways. I hope COB will play at least an hour in Montreal and I HOPE they'll come for the Ugly world tour.

I guess I'm going to have to look up some more information on them. It would be really cool if they had one in Vancouver as well. Although still not too close to me, it's at least within road trip distance. I wouldn't mind going to Montreal anyways, but the budget at the moment won't allow it.

Last edited by reignofterror : March 23rd, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:24 PM   #310 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!

Just got better from being sick just recently! Awesome, and I can't even say how thrilled I am right now, tomorrow night is the fuckin' night! (Fanboy-bell ringing again?)

Anyhow, going alone (as most of the time I go to see bands live ^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Joonas> View Post
Setlist was something like this

Not My Funeral
Bodom Beach Terror
Needled 24/7
Roundtrip To Hell And Back

Living Dead Beat
Children Of Bodom
Hate Me
In Your Face
Ugly

Blooddrunk
Shovel Knockout

Angels Don't Kill
Follow the Reaper
Downfall
Was It Worth It

Hate Crew Deathroll
Thoughts on this:
Would have wanted to replace SK with Relentless or even Northpole! That's what I can think of at the moment. And also, not have placed WIWI between Downfall and HCDR, or not in the setlist at all when I came to think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
Someone get the popcorn eating smiley in here please.
<!-- Start Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.radiostreamlive.com/radiosantaclaus/widget.js"></script>
<!-- End Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:58 PM   #311 (permalink)
Aries Wild Child
PERKELE!

Just a question Somebody, tell me about vip tickets, how can I get one?
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #312 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

K-Man's latest blog

http://web.me.com/kmancobhc/site/BLA...TOUR_2011.html

"The more you live and the more you learn - things you don't want to know - you need to get away for a while." - Alexi Laiho, Landscape of the Soul, September 2009
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #313 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by FridgePack View Post
Thoughts on this:
Would have wanted to replace SK with Relentless or even Northpole! That's what I can think of at the moment.
I thought everybody thinks that's one of their hottest songs atm, and you wouldn't even care hearing it lol.

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : March 24th, 2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #314 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Joonas> View Post
I thought everybody thinks that's one of their hottest songs atm, and you wouldn't even care hearing it lol.

Oh, did not mention why :-) only because of Alexis struggle to play and so vocals properly at the same time. I'm not naggin' about it but it feels like it's missing out alot on such a track.

Quote:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.radiostreamlive.com/radiosantaclaus/widget.js"></script>

Last edited by FridgePack : March 24th, 2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #315 (permalink)
krofius

Quote:
Oh, did not mention why :-) only because of Alexis struggle to play and so vocals properly at the same time. I'm not naggin' about it but it feels like it's missing out alot on such a track.
So, how was the Stockholm gig? I wanted to go but I didn't want to go solo so I didn't buy any tickets... is it something that I now probably will regret? Because I have a feeling of it.
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #316 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krofius View Post
So, how was the Stockholm gig? I wanted to go but I didn't want to go solo so I didn't buy any tickets... is it something that I now probably will regret? Because I have a feeling of it.
The Stockholm gig was great. Why not? 3/4 time when I go and see bands I'm going solo. Never got the point of missing out on something that you really want to do or see just because the lack of intrest among your friends. =)

To make this short: Ensiferum was fuckin' great, just as I've imagined. And finally I got to see them. First time that they ever played in Sweden i think! (correct me if I'm wrong).

And now Bodom. Cob was great exept that something jammed up or I don't know. Anyhow, the result of it was, that after the soundcheck, and when the intro just was about to end and everyone had made in onto the stage, something happend to the soundboard/mixer/whatever. So nothing really happend when they started playin' the first track.

Apart from that it was hey-okey. Not as good as the first time I saw them, but nothing will ever beat that so. And Joonas: He actually managed to play SK what I heard atleast on this gig. So I change my mind then, would't have exchanged it for another track on that album

Some pics from me:

Quote:
Old March 25th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #317 (permalink)
udprod
"Soita punkkia!"

Quote:
First time that they ever played in Sweden i think! (correct me if I'm wrong).
They recorded their 2006 live DVD Chaos Ridden Years in Stockholm.
Thanks for the pictures!
Old March 25th, 2011, 03:04 AM   #318 (permalink)
reignofterror
On The Road to Ruin

^ I believe he was referring to Ensiferum....

FridgePack: Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #319 (permalink)
kilon
I told you!

Quote:
And Joonas: He actually managed to play SK what I heard atleast on this gig. So I change my mind then, would't have exchanged it for another track on that album
Well, usually the first few gigs aren't that good because they don't know the songs like the old stuff (you can rehearse a lot, but in front of a live audience while headbanging and stuff is always different)
Just like at the end of the tour they;ll probably be tired and less precise. Oh well, it'll be awesome regardless.
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #320 (permalink)
Vaneessjjee
and the story ends.

I'm seeing a lot of comments around facebook about COB coming to Mexico City in September. Anyone knows anything about that?
So, its one step to either coming to South America, Brazil actualy. \o/

Old March 25th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #321 (permalink)
elli

thanks for the pictures !
How long did you wait before the doors opened (because it looks like you were nearly at the very front).
SK is an awesome song! But according to what I have heard it`s super hard to play- and they play it even faster than the album version...
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #322 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

@ FridgePack: thanks for the show report, and for sharing your pix - nice shots!

Old March 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #323 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elli View Post
thanks for the pictures !
How long did you wait before the doors opened (because it looks like you were nearly at the very front).
SK is an awesome song! But according to what I have heard it`s super hard to play- and they play it even faster than the album version...
From the point when I got to the place called "Arenan" (The Arena) I just had to wait for about half an hour or so. Have been there before to see Amon Amarth so I kinda knew how it was in there. And still, the only row to like really get there in time to is the very front, atleast in this case. Because it's still MS first of all, and barley anyone really got into their gig. So just make sure to get forward in the rows just when It's time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper666 View Post
@ FridgePack: thanks for the show report, and for sharing your pix - nice shots!
You're welcome =) - Thanks, just tryed to take some quite decent pics.

Quote:
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #324 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
And Joonas: He actually managed to play SK what I heard atleast on this gig. So I change my mind then, would't have exchanged it for another track on that album
Yeah I was on a gig and it worked okay, one of the highlights. They even play it 20 secs faster than on the album, don't know if that was intentional tho.
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #325 (permalink)
MeanMfMan
Cenobite

Greetings all. Just got back from the gig in Gothenburg, Swe, and all in all it was quite ok. Ensiferum kicked ass. A really possitive surprise. CoB delivered and seemed to enjoy the gig. Allthough I personally was very disapointed that they'd cut Needled 24/7 from the setlist since it's my all time fav CoB song. Knowing tht they played it on the previous gigs in Suomi it bummed me out that they didnt play it.