Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
MaximHateCrew
~ Needled 24/7 ~
 
MaximHateCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 657
Summer Festival 2012

Graspop Metal Meeting has announced COB at the list!

Quote:
There comes a time when promising metal acts must step up and take it to the next level. This is the breaking point for many young bands but Children Of Bodom is certainly not among them. The Finnish five-piece are making their fifth GMM appearance next summer and after twenty years, they are still one of the trendsetters in what they themselves prefer to call extreme metal. Their live shows never disappoint so this is one to look forward to!
The Graspop will take place in June 22th, 23th and 24th @ Dessel, in Belgium.

__________________

My Youtube Channel


My wannabe COB gear collection:
- ESP Katakana + LTD Roope 600 + Korg X5D
- Lee Jackson GP-1000 (88') + Alesis QuadraVerb + Boss SD-1 + Roland JV-2080

MaximHateCrew is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
kilon
I told you!
 
kilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 923
Meh, might consider it. The first bunch of announced bands aren't bad. Not sure if I'm not too busy at that time though.
kilon is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
MaximHateCrew
~ Needled 24/7 ~
 
MaximHateCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 657
Black Sabbath! Dimmu Borgir! Ensiferum!

__________________

My Youtube Channel


My wannabe COB gear collection:
- ESP Katakana + LTD Roope 600 + Korg X5D
- Lee Jackson GP-1000 (88') + Alesis QuadraVerb + Boss SD-1 + Roland JV-2080

MaximHateCrew is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
xKhaosx
Member
 
xKhaosx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 70
Children Of Bodom - Amon Amarth - Lamb Of God - Ensiferum - Skeletonwitch
awesome !
xKhaosx is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 03:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
-Mannerheim-
Member
 
-Mannerheim-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Japan
Posts: 47
Bodom/Amon Amarth/Lamb of God/Ensiferum. Hell yessssss.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne Järvelä
Drinking is good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearbreeder View Post
And my mom has said that Alexi is sexy...
-Mannerheim- is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Necroraven
Senior Member
 
Necroraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,193
Why don't they play in metal festivals anymore?
Necroraven is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
MaximHateCrew
~ Needled 24/7 ~
 
MaximHateCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroraven View Post
Why don't they play in metal festivals anymore?
Huh..?
__________________

My Youtube Channel


My wannabe COB gear collection:
- ESP Katakana + LTD Roope 600 + Korg X5D
- Lee Jackson GP-1000 (88') + Alesis QuadraVerb + Boss SD-1 + Roland JV-2080

MaximHateCrew is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Necroraven
Senior Member
 
Necroraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximHateCrew View Post
Huh..?
A metal festival isn't defined by the amount of metal bands there, but the amount of un-metal bands!
Necroraven is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 04:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
-Mannerheim-
Member
 
-Mannerheim-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Japan
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroraven View Post
A metal festival isn't defined by the amount of metal bands there, but the amount of un-metal bands!
Because sales thrive on 14 y/o fanboys/girls going to see their fav. faux-metal bands. That said, I went to Graspop this year (which should've been called Graspop Metalcore Meeting) and had a lot of fun drinking with actual metal heads... and I don't even recall seeing one poser with a fucking disgusting fringe.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne Järvelä
Drinking is good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearbreeder View Post
And my mom has said that Alexi is sexy...
-Mannerheim- is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!
 
FridgePack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Södertälje. Sweden
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mannerheim- View Post
Because sales thrive on 14 y/o fanboys/girls going to see their fav. faux-metal bands. That said, I went to Graspop this year (which should've been called Graspop Metalcore Meeting) and had a lot of fun drinking with actual metal heads... and I don't even recall seeing one poser with a fucking disgusting fringe.
Sounds quite awful. Urgent to go anyway. Sounds so fuckin' great.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
Someone get the popcorn eating smiley in here please.
<!-- Start Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.radiostreamlive.com/radiosantaclaus/widget.js"></script>
<!-- End Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
FridgePack is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
marinejohny
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
WACKEN 2012!!! - Children of Bodom!!!
marinejohny is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
-Mannerheim-
Member
 
-Mannerheim-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Japan
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by FridgePack View Post
Sounds quite awful. Urgent to go anyway. Sounds so fuckin' great.
You just have to avoid the fringecore bands and you'll be seeing enough real metal heads. Camping is definitely the best part of Graspop though, because you won't see emo kids (all outlets being used by dudes charging their phones, so they can't use their flat irons )
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne Järvelä
Drinking is good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearbreeder View Post
And my mom has said that Alexi is sexy...
-Mannerheim- is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!
 
FridgePack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Södertälje. Sweden
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mannerheim- View Post
You just have to avoid the fringecore bands and you'll be seeing enough real metal heads. Camping is definitely the best part of Graspop though, because you won't see emo kids (all outlets being used by dudes charging their phones, so they can't use their flat irons )
Thinking about taking out some of my vacation to go there acually. Thought about travel Summer 2012 and a weekend in Belgium is sounds not to bad at all. But then I'll have to cut down on the rest of my budget for the rest of the summer.

In case i get people to follow me there I'm definitely considering to go. Never been on a festival or concert outside Sweden anyway.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
Someone get the popcorn eating smiley in here please.
<!-- Start Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.radiostreamlive.com/radiosantaclaus/widget.js"></script>
<!-- End Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
FridgePack is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kassiopeia
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Land of the dwarfs
Posts: 82
Rock am Härtsfeldsee 29.-30. June 2012

With COB and Blind Guardian!!! :-D
I'll be there!!! ;-)

Sorry, found the page only in german speach!
http://www.rockamhaertsfeldsee.de/frameset.php
__________________
When wrong becomes to be right, the resist becomes duty! Bert Brecht
Kassiopeia is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 04:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
MaximHateCrew
~ Needled 24/7 ~
 
MaximHateCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by FridgePack View Post
Thinking about taking out some of my vacation to go there acually. Thought about travel Summer 2012 and a weekend in Belgium is sounds not to bad at all. But then I'll have to cut down on the rest of my budget for the rest of the summer.

In case i get people to follow me there I'm definitely considering to go. Never been on a festival or concert outside Sweden anyway.
I think I'll be able to go at the whole Graspop (depending whether the all day are valuable or not) and if so, we could arrange to meet us.
__________________

My Youtube Channel


My wannabe COB gear collection:
- ESP Katakana + LTD Roope 600 + Korg X5D
- Lee Jackson GP-1000 (88') + Alesis QuadraVerb + Boss SD-1 + Roland JV-2080

MaximHateCrew is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
FridgePack
That Swede!
 
FridgePack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Södertälje. Sweden
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximHateCrew View Post
I think I'll be able to go at the whole Graspop (depending whether the all day are valuable or not) and if so, we could arrange to meet us.
Sure thingy! Will consider it. Me and my cousin are thinking about it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
Someone get the popcorn eating smiley in here please.
<!-- Start Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widget.radiostreamlive.com/radiosantaclaus/widget.js"></script>
<!-- End Radio Widget Code (c) radiosantaclaus.com -->
FridgePack is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
elli
Senior Member
 
elli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiopeia View Post
Rock am Härtsfeldsee 29.-30. June 2012

With COB and Blind Guardian!!! :-D

http://www.rockamhaertsfeldsee.de/frameset.php
@COB Webmaster: Is this officially confirmed? On their homepage this festival is not listed.
IF they are coming, it would be great to see them there
elli is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
MaximHateCrew
~ Needled 24/7 ~
 
MaximHateCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 657
http://www.graspop.be/fr/bands/index.html



*For the next announcements: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grasp...04936299546537
__________________

My Youtube Channel


My wannabe COB gear collection:
- ESP Katakana + LTD Roope 600 + Korg X5D
- Lee Jackson GP-1000 (88') + Alesis QuadraVerb + Boss SD-1 + Roland JV-2080


Last edited by MaximHateCrew : December 22nd, 2011 at 08:49 AM.
MaximHateCrew is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
mocobhc
Senior Member
 
mocobhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near Hoffenheim
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by elli View Post
@COB Webmaster: Is this officially confirmed? On their homepage this festival is not listed.
IF they are coming, it would be great to see them there
Aye, confirmation for Härtsfeldsee would be very much appreciated!!
Going there anyway though
__________________

mocobhc is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
CoBsessed
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Rock am Härtsfeldsee is already confirmed As well as With Full Force (also in Germany) and Basinfirefest in Czech Republic.
CoBsessed is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
mocobhc
Senior Member
 
mocobhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near Hoffenheim
Posts: 1,241
Awesome! Together with Blind Guardian and Rage that's an great lineup for a rather small festival. Can't wait!
__________________

mocobhc is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
MaximHateCrew
~ Needled 24/7 ~
 
MaximHateCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 657


Last update.
__________________

My Youtube Channel


My wannabe COB gear collection:
- ESP Katakana + LTD Roope 600 + Korg X5D
- Lee Jackson GP-1000 (88') + Alesis QuadraVerb + Boss SD-1 + Roland JV-2080


Last edited by MaximHateCrew : February 6th, 2012 at 05:28 PM.
MaximHateCrew is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0
© Copyright 2000-2010 UltimateMetal.com | MetalAges Media