Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 25th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #226 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodomholic View Post
And the only thing that I don't like about RRF is that there is no "Bodom" word involved in their songs, but everything else is ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauta View Post
Yeah this was kinda disappointing.. I just hope that they'll keep the Reaper on their albums..
Alexi already promised there will be five Bodom titles on the next album, to make it up for you.

Why is the Reaper in the cover art important to you, or a Bodom -themed song, if the music or lyrics have nothing to do with it anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodomholic View Post
I think that they have been, are, and will be changing their music direction because they don't want to be labeled

And, if you listen well, every their album is different
For the past two albums they haven't really been changing.

The Hoff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 25th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #227 (permalink)
xKhaosx

Henkka on the Mobile Backstage Community:

" hi guys! will start writing new Stuff this spring. also photobook and 15 Years compilation out. it has funny dvd Stuff in it too..."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 25th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #228 (permalink)
ESA1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by (__Joonas__) View Post
Alexi already promised there will be five Bodom titles on the next album, to make it up for you.
WTF? Are you serious, or are you joking? (I'm fairly sure you are) If not post a link to where he said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESA1996 View Post
OMG 100th post! I'm a senior!!! YEAAAAAH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKatarn View Post
OMG 300th post! I'm a faggot!!! YEAAAAAH!
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #229 (permalink)
elli

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKhaosx View Post
Henkka on the Mobile Backstage Community:

" hi guys! will start writing new Stuff this spring. also photobook and 15 Years compilation out. it has funny dvd Stuff in it too..."
good news! Can`t wait for the photobook
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #230 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiso View Post
You really think song titles like Pussyfoot Miss Suicide and Shovel Knockout have absolutely nothing to do with the reaper?
Yes, the first has to do with chicks who try to get attention by slitting themselves with a cheesegrater, the second is a perfect title for the rebellious teenagers of Bodom theme, but none of this really has anything to do with the old theme. It just b a r e l y tries to still be about it, only cos it would be stupid for them to change their band name/idea.

The Hoff
Old February 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #231 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

I think suicide is an unfair and selfish act in all cases but unbearable pain or psychosis. I think whoever lures the depressed further away from hope is the angel of death. And I think whoever kills somebody is the one whose soul suffers, not the victim.

The topics might subjectically be about similar issues, but don't fool yourself thinking the spirit is the same. We already thought deeper about this than Alexi ever thought about RRF.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : February 28th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #232 (permalink)
Bodomholic

I think this thread is called "COB start writing new album", and not "Let's analyze every COB song individually".
Old February 28th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #233 (permalink)
kilon
I told you!

I think we have literally zero information about the new album other than that they plan on starting writing this spring so there is nothing to talk about other than the same old 'we want the best album evurr' stuff.

But if you must speculate:
-Writing album: spring/summer
-Studio: winter
-Release: Spring/Summer 2013

That's my guess.
Old February 28th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #234 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Nooo, maybe autumn 2013 is release. I don't even wanna think about this autumn, I want next summer to last forever. RRF is already cold, it's been out over a year, it was disappointing, and I have no expectations over the next one. It can't be worse than RRF tho. I think it will be their second to last album. I'll be dumbfounded if they waste this opportunity to do something musically great.

The Hoff
Old February 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #235 (permalink)
predator2353

The new album is going to blow ass like the last ones. And that's fuckin' factual!
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #236 (permalink)
Bodomholic

Or maybe you'll be surprised. We can only guess here, but we will know the facts when and after they release it.
Old March 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #237 (permalink)
Finpower
Niinku Perkele

CHILDREN OF BODOM To Release Commemorative Compilation, Holiday At Lake Bodom

On May 21st, world famous Finnish metal superstars CHILDREN OF BODOM will release Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years of Wasted Youth), a very special CD+DVD career retrospective in celebration of the band's 15th anniversary.

The release will spotlight specially selected tracks from every one of the band's critically acclaimed albums (1997's Something Wild, 1999's Hatebreeder, 2000's Follow The Reaper, 2003's Hate Crew Deathroll, 2005's Are You Dead Yet?, 2008's Blooddrunk and 2011's Relentless Reckless Forever), plus two newly-recorded (and undeniably fun) cover songs and detailed liner notes penned by the members of COB themselves.

The DVD portion of the package will include "candid touring and backstage footage from around the world”, plus the never-before-seen music video for Relentless Reckless Forever's 'Shovel Knockout'.

"15 Years Of Wasted Youth is the sound of Children Of Bodom working hard, partying hard, being relentless and stubborn," says the band's superstar guitarist / vocalist Alexi Laiho. “We went through many brick walls to get to where we are, and after seven studio albums, two live albums, non-stop touring, bleeding and breaking a lot of bones, I think we are justified in putting this album out. Let the music speak for itself. You have been warned."

The release of Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years Of Wasted Youth) continues Children Of Bodom's year-long anniversary celebration, which kicked off with the band's highly successful 15th Anniversary headlining tour of North America - a run of dates greeted by rave reviews.

On the heels of the Stateside portion of the band's worldwide celebration, Children Of Bodom has announced a slew of European live performances and summer festival appearances alongside rock royalty such as GUNS N' ROSES, MΦTLEY CRάE, OZZY OSBOURNE and more.

The band's summer touring schedule is shaping up as follows:
Old March 15th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #238 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

The two new cover songs will give a small hint on the band's level of seriousness atm and whether they see any will to change sound after a year has passed from RRF.

The whole funny covers thing got out of hand I don't know how many, 10-20 cover songs ago. Somebody Put Something In My Drink was good, it was a nice experiment to try something strikingly different. But now it's all been about making shitty ass covers about shitty thrash songs in hangover. I probably listened to the new ones one or two times, it was just so obvious they're not even trying anymore.

Someone might say give them a break, all the touring and drinking and stuff... I've heard Mozart wrote his best shit when he was deaf, so there's no excuses.

Obviously cover songs don't matter at all to matter, I'd rather have a band not release any cover songs, but they just give an indication on the level of seriousness and the style of sound at the time being.

Get inspired, or at least do something that's 100% gay, like Lagy Gaga or Justin Bieber, if this is what you wanna do...

This is Joonas post 6666, hail Satan.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : March 15th, 2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #239 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Here we go again...

SPSIMD isn't really a good song. Rebel Yell, Aces High, Antisocial, Hell is for children and Waiting are fucking awesome cover.
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #240 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Arcane> View Post
Here we go again...

SPSIMD isn't really a good song. Rebel Yell, Aces High, Antisocial, Hell is for children and Waiting are fucking awesome cover.
Once again, my dear wristband faggot friend, I agree with you.

Joonas, why the hell do you bitch about cover songs when majority of them are pretty cool and they've always been part of the band? We all know you're so autistic that you're unable to accept the fact that the band has changed permanently over the years to a less serious style but whining about it on this board does not help at all. So take the burger out of your ass and start contributing something a little bit more mature. And insulting Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber is so 2010 and childish that it makes me lol.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #241 (permalink)
Bodomholic

Quote:

SPSIMD is a great cover. Also Don't Stop At The Top, She Is Beautiful and not to mention Oops I Did It Again (more parody than cover, but still kicks ass).
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #242 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPot View Post

EPIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined View Post
And onto the ignore list you go.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #243 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Here we go again...

I'm just having a good laugh, I'm not really whining. I just like "whining" cos it's fun to put the abstract thing into words.

Why didn't you mention the Scorpions cover?

Quote:
Joonas, why the hell do you bitch about cover songs when majority of them are pretty cool and they've always been part of the band? We all know you're so autistic that you're unable to accept the fact that the band has changed permanently over the years to a less serious style but whining about it on this board does not help at all. So take the burger out of your ass and start contributing something a little bit more mature. And insulting Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber is so 2010 and childish that it makes me lol.
Nah man, JB is a nice chap. I have huge problem with Robin tho "everyone who bitches at him are obviously jealous." I mean I have nothing against these people, they're talented even tho awkwardly fag, but the nature of the business behind them, how they tell this teen just decided to do this video all by himself and now every Finn's seen it... it's a fucking $$$ project. Behind these cute gayish "phenomena" there's people in black suits. I bet every country has a justin bieber of it's own already, I mean that stuff sells. I just have a personal issue when art is made business in certain ways. Especially all these one hit wonders. When they make a full good album like Madonna Ray of Light I give them respect.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : March 15th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #244 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by (__Joonas__) View Post

Why didn't you mention the Scorpions cover?

because he's german. he's not allowed to like anything related to that band

EPIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined View Post
And onto the ignore list you go.

Last edited by snowy : March 15th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #245 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

!!
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #246 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiso View Post
You will in fact NOT be making it to SXSW next year.
Are you threatening me? I don't even know what SXSW is.

The Hoff
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #247 (permalink)
ESA1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
because he's german. he's not allowed to like anything related to that band
What's wrong in liking Scorpions if you're German?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESA1996 View Post
OMG 100th post! I'm a senior!!! YEAAAAAH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKatarn View Post
OMG 300th post! I'm a faggot!!! YEAAAAAH!
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #248 (permalink)
doubleteam
Custom User Title

Quote:

Just deal with Joonas like with every troll. Just ignore the little shit and if everyone does that the troll will eventually stop and go away when it doesn't anymore get the attention it so very much craves.
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #249 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleteam View Post
Just deal with Joonas like with every troll.
How the fuck am I supposed to know how to deal with trolls because I'm a one myself?!?!!?
Old March 15th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #250 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

I thought you're all trolls!! What the hell

The Hoff