Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
kilon
I told you!

Alexi rushed to hospital

“It is with great regret that we are forced to cancel tonight’s show in Oslo as well as tomorrow night’s show in Malmö.

Alexi was rushed to the Oslo hospital earlier this evening with extreme stomach pain. The doctors in the emergency unit checked him and while we are still waiting for a diagnosis, they made clear that he will not be able to perform within the next 48 hours.

We apologize to all our fans who have bought tickets to these shows - we will try to reschedule both Oslo and Malmö at the earliest possibility. Keep your fingers crossed with us that Alexi will get well again soon!”

Henkka, Roope, Janne, Jaska

From facebook.

I hope it's not another ulcer...
Either way get better soon Alexi!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

Pikaista paranemista, Alexi

Updated 27 June 2011 - Bodom and Bach!

"The more you live and the more you learn - things you don't want to know - you need to get away for a while." - Alexi Laiho, Landscape of the Soul, September 2009
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 4th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

I hope he doesn't fool around with that ulcer if he wants to make another COB album.

During my wild drinking times I guess I developed a light form of gastritis (something that could be called a very light form of ulcer) and after two painful spasm events I went to swallow the camera (it was a beyond horrible operation, if you ever have to do this I feel sorry for you). Well I quit drinking and smoking altogether but there were many other good reasons.

I can almost quarantee you if a person continues unhealthy touring lifestyle with an ulcer, his days are numbered. The key to healing is non-spicy, non-greasy food that's easy for your stomach, no drinking, no smoking, no straining medication, no excess stress. Live healthy and naturally. You just can't live like a rockstar forever and expect not to have problems.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : July 4th, 2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
chb
COB Hate Crew Member

GRRR FFS !! Was all fired up and ready to go for tonights show in Malmo !!1

Roope: Just that we hope to play more often in Denmark, it has always been one of my favorite places, I've been to Roskilde Festival many times.. and I hope they would also take us some time

BIG THANX to Conti from here for letting me buy Jaska's stick from him !! I LOVE that stick SO much!1
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

@ Joonas I've had an endoscopy, too - it really sucked (no pun intended!). I hope Alexi recovers quickly from this episode, but I agree with you that if he wants to stay healthy, a radical change of lifestyle such as you describe is inevitable and essential

"The more you live and the more you learn - things you don't want to know - you need to get away for a while." - Alexi Laiho, Landscape of the Soul, September 2009
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
(__Joonas__)
† Followed the Reaper †

Yeah, gastroscopy. It's like trying to swallow a spear for seven minutes. Non-stop puke-reflex.

It's just friend's advice... I hope he doesn't get all butthurt and write another Not My Funeral. Who knows, maybe he's doing his best, sometimes you can't help it when these things activate. The recent shows have seemed pretty sharp too from what I can tell from the few videos.

The Hoff

Last edited by (__Joonas__) : July 4th, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rhia

Mabye it's only his appendicitis. Though I guess they'd have figured that out by now.
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
umosay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
Mabye it's only his appendicitis. Though I guess they'd have figured that out by now.
Doesn't take long to diagnose appendicitis, and if it bursts he would have needed emergency surgery. Mine burst about 20mins before surgery, felt like death.
Old July 4th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fastbodom
I Spit on Your Grave

what the... again ?? believed he had this last year to !.

hopes he get well soon

Edwards E-AL-120 Alexi Scythe EMG- HZ-H4 - MM-04
Edwards E-AL-120 Alexi Arrowhead EMG- HZ-H4 - MM-04
Jackson RR Alexi Wildchild Replica Jackson J-50BC - JE-1000
Jackson RR Alexi Green pinstripe replica J50BC - JE-1000
Jackson RR24 yellow black J50BC- JE-1000
Marshall MG-100-DFX
Lee Jackson GP-1000 88 Model modded.
Rocktron intellifex Online,
Lee Jackson SP-1000
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
hauta
Tengo mucho sueño -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by umosay View Post
Doesn't take long to diagnose appendicitis, and if it bursts he would have needed emergency surgery. Mine burst about 20mins before surgery, felt like death.
Same here.. "Felt like death" is pretty weak explanation..

Hope he's going to be fine soon!
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Celeb

Hoping he'll get better soon. I'm a bit afraid for their gig in Ruisrock to be cancelled but better take it easy if doctors say that he needs more time for rest.
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
elli

I really hope it is nothing bad.
Hope he feels better soon and they find out soon what caused the pain!
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
mocobhc

That sucks, they have been top-notch on Saturday and Alexi seemed in very good shape. Hope it's not as serious

Old July 4th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
ChockeHoldTerror
Survived Lake Bodom

RRF he said , wish you the best Alexi!

Graphic designer .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmetalhead2 View Post
cobs is thit band is not emo band is metl band
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cat_in_the_rain

Have they written the exact diagnosis? Hope Alexi gets well.
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Carcarrion

Get well soon Alexi, take care.
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
painkiller.wildchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_in_the_rain View Post
Have they written the exact diagnosis?
no, nothing on their fb yet...
Cavaler cu-o teapa lunga!

Teapa pentru cei care,
In urlete, flacari si fum,
Batjocoreau crestinatatea,
Arzand...
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
mutran
Mutran

A little update:
http://www.mtv3.fi/viihde/uutiset/mu...ntaisen-keikan

Some finnish guy could translate the article, but just says that Alexi is still in Oslo and something about Ruisrock which I don't understand.
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
hauta
Tengo mucho sueño -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutran View Post
A little update:
http://www.mtv3.fi/viihde/uutiset/mu...ntaisen-keikan

Some finnish guy could translate the article, but just says that Alexi is still in Oslo and something about Ruisrock which I don't understand.
What I managed to understand is that they don't have the right diagnosis yet, but the doctors in Oslo are still making some tests (??) Was there going to be a show in Peru?? Jesus, if so, I missed a lot of news form the band! However, it may be canceled.
That's what I managed to understand.. It won't be bad at all if a Finn translates the entire article- I can't cos I don't have time and I don't think I can do it- not impeccable, sorry.
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
ESA1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauta View Post
What I managed to understand is that they don't have the right diagnosis yet, but the doctors in Oslo are still making some tests (??) Was there going to be a show in Peru?? Jesus, if so, I missed a lot of news form the band! However, it may be canceled.
That's what I managed to understand.. It won't be bad at all if a Finn translates the entire article- I can't cos I don't have time and I don't think I can do it- not impeccable, sorry.
It's mostly a Finnish translation of the original news on COB's Facebook. The new info is that Alexi is still in Oslo, and the doctors are making some tests. The rest was speculation on will they, or will they not, be performing in Ruisrock on Saturday. The people of Ruisrock said that they haven't received any info that they would not perform and that if the situation was so bad the band would tell them. No mention of Peru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESA1996 View Post
OMG 100th post! I'm a senior!!! YEAAAAAH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKatarn View Post
OMG 300th post! I'm a faggot!!! YEAAAAAH!

Last edited by ESA1996 : July 5th, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

@ hauta

perumaan and peruminen are inflected forms of the Finnish verb perua, which means to cancel or withdraw from something (i.e. in this case, from the shows in Oslo, Malmö and possibly Ruisrock, but not Peru )

Old July 5th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

Ruisrock appearance cancelled

http://www.mtv3.fi/viihde/uutiset/mu...medium=twitter

Old July 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
sleeper666
MetalMutha

Update from COB's fb

Children Of Bodom is forced to cancel their appearance at the Ruisrock festival. The band comments:

“This is not an easy letter for us to write. Alexi is suffering from a serious infection. He is still in hospital in Oslo under supervision of the doctors and we don’t know yet when they will release him.

We have no choice other than canceling Ruisrock in Turku on Saturday as well. This is a very bitter pill for us to swallow. We had decided to do only two festivals in our homeland this summer to make it real special, and now this.

We hope that we will be able to make up for this very soon. To all our fans who had been looking forward to rock with us at Ruisrock this weekend, take our apologies and enjoy the festival. In our spirits, we will be there, too.”

Old July 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
kilon
I told you!

It was to be expected, really. I think it's better that they cancel Ilosaarirock next week as well, even when Alexi gets released from the hospital this weekend. Simply because he needs all the time in the world to strengthen up and possibly get adjusted to a new lifestyle.
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
hauta
Tengo mucho sueño -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper666 View Post
@ hauta

perumaan and peruminen are inflected forms of the Finnish verb perua, which means to cancel or withdraw from something (i.e. in this case, from the shows in Oslo, Malmö and possibly Ruisrock, but not Peru )
Damn it!!! Sorry for my mistake then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper666 View Post
Update from COB's fb

Children Of Bodom is forced to cancel their appearance at the Ruisrock festival. The band comments:

“This is not an easy letter for us to write. Alexi is suffering from a serious infection. He is still in hospital in Oslo under supervision of the doctors and we don’t know yet when they will release him.

We have no choice other than canceling Ruisrock in Turku on Saturday as well. This is a very bitter pill for us to swallow. We had decided to do only two festivals in our homeland this summer to make it real special, and now this.

We hope that we will be able to make up for this very soon. To all our fans who had been looking forward to rock with us at Ruisrock this weekend, take our apologies and enjoy the festival. In our spirits, we will be there, too.”

Hope he gets better!