Circus Maximus  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Circus Maximus
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Valhall
Severed Being

I'm not as present here as I used to, but to be honest I was really waiting for this kind of good news

A few questions, if I may :

-any guests on this new album ? If not, did you want to have some (yeah I want names ahah) ?

-where does it stand compared to the first two albums ? Progressive epic stuff like the first one, or a more AOR approach like Isolate ? I know it's probably a blend of both, like always, but I feel TFC and Isolate were really different, so I expect surprises this time too

-is it a concept album ?

I got a lot more but I'm gonna wait a bit... Of course you probably can't (and won't) answer to some of these questions for now, but I thought I'd ask anyway !

It's great to be waiting for a CM release again, and even more to see that this time many more people are waiting too (hi everyone btw ! how are ya ?)... I've been here from the start, wanting to see CM reach the level of respect it deserves, and I hope this is it !

I'll be spying down here for samples and stuff... Keep 'em coming
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #27 (permalink)
Frankgate

even if I like the so-called "AOR approach" on Isolate, I prefer the more progressive stuff. But not the usual and boring "prog-metal" but something original and technical
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 5th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Valhall
Severed Being

Isolate was really prog too... just done a different way.
Old July 5th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Michael Eriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
First off: just got back from a holiday in Spain and this is definitely the best thing I've read online since my return Awesome news that you guys are in the studio now. Can't wait for the final result.

Question:

You guys haven't got a release date yet, but don't you have a deadline from the record company? or will they leave you to work without the pressure of a deadline, cos you can't rush perfection? I certainly hope it's the latter! Hoping you'll get the time you need to make this one something special. There's been a steady line of progression in the past two albums, which only sets our hopes for this one even higher!

Good luck!
We have no deadline from the record company It is going to be one special album , that`s for sure
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 6th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Michael Eriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhall View Post
I'm not as present here as I used to, but to be honest I was really waiting for this kind of good news

A few questions, if I may :

-any guests on this new album ? If not, did you want to have some (yeah I want names ahah) ?

No guests planned for the new album.

-where does it stand compared to the first two albums ? Progressive epic stuff like the first one, or a more AOR approach like Isolate ? I know it's probably a blend of both, like always, but I feel TFC and Isolate were really different, so I expect surprises this time too

The album has it all , from long songs to epic, to a more AOR/Melodic touch to it. We feel that the new album has a natural progression from Isolate. Tommy Hansen did a great job on the previous albums , but this time around it is time for some winds of change .. a "new" guy will do the mix..so a new fresh sound is coming your way..we are sooo looking forward to hear the final result

-is it a concept album ?

We have not completed all the lyrics yet, but I doubt it.

I got a lot more but I'm gonna wait a bit... Of course you probably can't (and won't) answer to some of these questions for now, but I thought I'd ask anyway !

Hey , we are only happy to answer questions you guys might have , allthough some questions are to early to answer at the moment

It's great to be waiting for a CM release again, and even more to see that this time many more people are waiting too (hi everyone btw ! how are ya ?)... I've been here from the start, wanting to see CM reach the level of respect it deserves, and I hope this is it !

I'll be spying down here for samples and stuff... Keep 'em coming
We will try to get some short videos out there for ya
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #31 (permalink)
Kazar
SW-moderator

Some videos would be cool indeed!

Good luck in the studio the next couple of days/weeks.
Old July 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Frankgate

yeah, some videos would be very funny
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
fool_in_paradise

Awesome to hear you guys are now in the studio laying down the next CM masterpiece I can't wait for this release! looking forward to those videos...

Be Aware, Don't Be Scared, We'll Survive!
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Carloz

Let's see if you get round the third album syndrom I have no doubts that you will provide us with spectacular work again, though I always fear every third album of a band is weaker... Look through history, and spot the rule

Anyway - we want videos! Mercenary gave some vids, now it's your turn!

And the shittiest band on earth when it comes to album updates is Symphony X... Though the albums themselves, are well worth the wait, always...
Old July 10th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
JesterIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloz View Post
Let's see if you get round the third album syndrom I have no doubts that you will provide us with spectacular work again, though I always fear every third album of a band is weaker... Look through history, and spot the rule

Anyway - we want videos! Mercenary gave some vids, now it's your turn!

And the shittiest band on earth when it comes to album updates is Symphony X... Though the albums themselves, are well worth the wait, always...
Symphony X is a band who got around the third album syndrom, in a marvelous way
Old July 11th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
JenniferLynn
AKA Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Eriksen View Post
I must say that I am proud of Mats`s guitar-solo on this one..man it gives me the chill !! Mats Haugen meets Vitto Brata ( White Lion ) , meets Kee Marcello ( Europe )

Michael Eriksen
Vitto Brata was so underrated on how amazing a player he was!!! That name alone - even tho the riffs Marcello did for Europe were always super catchy & stuck in your brain like super glue - made me say 'hell yeah!!'

can't wait to hear the new stuff... they say patience is a virtue - well I'm all outta those!!!

Save some time to dream 'cause your dream may save us all ~ John Mellencamp
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
metalnight6

Man, I can't wait for the next album! I must have listened to Isolate over a thousand times! Every song is so damn moving, but my faves are "Childhood's Hour", "Wither", "Mouth of Madness", "A Darkened Mind", and "Ultimate Sacrifice". Michael's vocals are the best out there, and the band is amazing as well. What a great group of talented musicians! This is the cd that I've been waiting forever for..........I know it's going to be worth the wait. Hey Michael, when are we going to know the album title? Also, when did you realize that you had an amazing talent as a singer? Thanks for putting out top-notch music!
Old July 14th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #38 (permalink)
mleijzer
Guitarfreak

Just discovered you guys, you sound really, really good. I'm going to play the first 2 albums for a while and then look forward to this new one!
Old July 15th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #39 (permalink)
hklogy8

Talking Fan From Japan

hey Michael!!
first of all, I love you. haha
can't wait till the new album!!

CM is surely one of the best bands in the world...
and you got to come to Japan soon...and ROCK us!!!

as a musician, I want to ask you a question.
do you guys write your songs with yourselves(alone)? or with the band?
I heard that Dream Theater is writing their songs during the jam session.
So I just got curious about how CM make awesome songs...
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
noren
Pixel coordinator

Here's some inspiration for you guys in the studio. I don't expect you to record a masterpiece like this, but.. oh well :-)
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #41 (permalink)
Cello
Promoted to Hannibal

I am slightly disturbed by that vid, Mattias, and that's without actually knowing what they're saying :P
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #42 (permalink)
Ninfix
Gamer of life

I hope my fire for Circus Maximus starts burning again with the next album. I've kind of "worn the two other albums out", something I really regret, 'cause they're so good. Hope the next album takes CM to the next musical level. Good luck in the studio! Dere sparker rompe!
Old July 21st, 2010, 07:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
Thynesses

Finally! Great news!! That's the news I have been waiting for for a long, long time.

Now go record some videos from the studio :-)
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
LeBatteur

I'm just listening right now to Mouth of Madness... WOW, I just can't wait anymore for the new album!!!

"...I'M not aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone!!!..."

YEAH! Rock on!

So guys, any vids or clips or bits or something!?!
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:19 AM   #45 (permalink)
Michael Eriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnight6 View Post
Man, I can't wait for the next album! I must have listened to Isolate over a thousand times! Every song is so damn moving, but my faves are "Childhood's Hour", "Wither", "Mouth of Madness", "A Darkened Mind", and "Ultimate Sacrifice". Michael's vocals are the best out there, and the band is amazing as well. What a great group of talented musicians! This is the cd that I've been waiting forever for..........I know it's going to be worth the wait. Hey Michael, when are we going to know the album title? Also, when did you realize that you had an amazing talent as a singer? Thanks for putting out top-notch music!
No album title yet I realized I could sing the day the cat didn`t run outside while I was jammin in the shower
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:25 AM   #46 (permalink)
Michael Eriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hklogy8 View Post
hey Michael!!
first of all, I love you. haha
can't wait till the new album!!

CM is surely one of the best bands in the world...
and you got to come to Japan soon...and ROCK us!!!

as a musician, I want to ask you a question.
do you guys write your songs with yourselves(alone)? or with the band?
I heard that Dream Theater is writing their songs during the jam session.
So I just got curious about how CM make awesome songs...
Hi there , nice to see you here

Hopefully our next album will take us to Japan
We usually don`t jam songs , but on the new album there is one song that was born during a jam-session
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:26 AM   #47 (permalink)
Michael Eriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by noren View Post
Here's some inspiration for you guys in the studio. I don't expect you to record a masterpiece like this, but.. oh well :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wws3hGWh4CM
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:41 AM   #48 (permalink)
rapidspeed

This is Great News!!!

From your huge fans all the way in Cyprus! Hoping to give u all the inspiration and motivation to write yet another outstanding album!

Best of luck, anticipating this album more anything at the moment! \w/
Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:47 AM   #49 (permalink)
Dassen

Videos, videos, videos! NOW! I beg...
Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:40 AM   #50 (permalink)
Valhall
Severed Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloz View Post
I always fear every third album of a band is weaker... Look through history, and spot the rule
Well, when I think third album, I think Master of Puppets, Far Beyond Driven, Awake, The Divine Wings Of Tragedy, The Number of the Beast... Talk about weaker records !