Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (55) Thread Tools
Old November 25th, 2007, 07:28 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #7826 (permalink)
Pђoenix
Phagist Phanboy

Yeah I can see what you mean with his vibrato, little control but still I like the song. I've never seen anything like that before with the frets, that's really cool, the sustain is just astounding.

Edit:WTF?!! I fucking hate the cunts on ebay who don't honour the transaction. I managed to get a Laney GH50L For £160.99 and sent a guy an email confirming a pickup date: he didn't reply. So its been 2 weeks and still no reply, but today I found out the fucker re-listed it for £160 B.I.N 2days after I won it in a fair auction! Fucks sake, I just wanna hunt this fucker down and rip off his face arrrrrghhhh!

Sorry I just had to vent anyone else experienced shit like this? Oh the sellers name is gizz1923 avoid this twat.

" A life free of guilt exists when the eye fights daylight yet unseen.

A book with not a page written means hope yet sometimes to be... "

The Stillborn One

Last edited by Pђoenix : November 25th, 2007 at 08:39 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 25th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #7827 (permalink)
OvSeth

Lame, sorry for your loss .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #7828 (permalink)
innuenDO
Pottwahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post

Edit:WTF?!! I fucking hate the cunts on ebay who don't honour the transaction. I managed to get a Laney GH50L For £160.99 and sent a guy an email confirming a pickup date: he didn't reply. So its been 2 weeks and still no reply, but today I found out the fucker re-listed it for £160 B.I.N 2days after I won it in a fair auction! Fucks sake, I just wanna hunt this fucker down and rip off his face arrrrrghhhh!

Sorry I just had to vent anyone else experienced shit like this? Oh the sellers name is gizz1923 avoid this twat.
write a mail to him where you say you will call your lawyer. when I did it it worked. If not: isn't there a function in "my ebay" where you can report non received articles?

Btw can anybody help me please

My Tabs on UG

Last edited by innuenDO : November 25th, 2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #7829 (permalink)
inhe

http://www.wintermadness.net/message...opic.php?t=474
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #7830 (permalink)
OvSeth

Oh wow.. just wow. I wish I had the money .
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:55 AM   #7831 (permalink)
shredtastical
SUX!

youtube vids are down for now so bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Breather View Post
you guys are making the same mistake i did. Do not over-analyze shit. You could probably find any guitar players with any type of picking technique you can think of
ah but see, attention to detail is the key to success imo. If you look at like 80-90% of these super shredders, all use the hyperextended thumb technique excluding paul gilbert. its kind of process of elimination that this is the most efficient technique for shredding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
How awesome is this?? Catchy as hell, I've had the main riff in my head for a few days now.
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=3
hated it actually . sorry about your ebay thing btw.

bleh, its a great guitar, but i donno, its going to sell for way too much because of fanboi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless_Name View Post
I'd walk 10 miles with my dick stapled to my belly button while two gay midgets made out between my legs under the mistletoe dangling from my balls for 100,000 dollars.
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #7832 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

well,Jari sell it for 2000 euros,and the original price is 2700 if I remember right,so it's not that bad if it really has only been used in studio and that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old November 25th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #7833 (permalink)
shredtastical
SUX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corny View Post
I didn't like it at all, especially his vibrato. Of course he's a could player when it comes to shred techniques.

Do you people know these special frets to keep the guitar in tune ALWAYS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4d88...eature=related
that really really kicks ass! although i bet its a bitch to shred on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless_Name View Post
I'd walk 10 miles with my dick stapled to my belly button while two gay midgets made out between my legs under the mistletoe dangling from my balls for 100,000 dollars.
Old November 25th, 2007, 08:15 PM   #7834 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

So I just got back from The Black Crusade tour at The Carling Academy, Brixton, UK.

Lineup:
• Shadows Fall
• Arch Enemy
• Dragonforce
• Trivium
• Machine Head

All went well. I managed to get my friend downstairs even though he had an upstairs seating ticket which I told him would work but he wouldn't believe me.

Saw Frédéric Leclercq (bass) and Dave Mackintosh (drums) from Dragonforce standing outside have a cigarette while we were queuing up which was cool. I don't think anyone even recognised them 'cause noone was really paying attention to their presence. There were some girls standing LITERALLY a meter away and they were facing the other way like "duh, r der any uva playerz in DF apart from herman ri and samantha totman duh". Oh well, I would have gone over and said hello if it was ZP Theart, Angela Gossow or Michael Amott.

Shadows Fall:

We weren't too fussed about this band so we just stood at the back and watched until they were done and moved down during their last song so I could see...

Arch Enemy:

Who were awesome. Opened with "Blood On Our Hands", also played "Enemy Within", "Nemesis", "My Apocalypse" and "We Will Rise". Nothing more to really say about these guys except that they were unsuprisingly badass.

Dragonforce:

I'm going to say something which none of you will expect....Dragonforce were fuckin' awesome. Me and my other buddy were expecting shitty sound, shitty mixing etc etc. Vocals were more than perfect, drums were robotic, guitar tone was great and they both played really well. Considering how much I bitch about DF live, this is saying alot. I really, really enjoyed them. I still ZP is one of the best frontmen in metal right now. Awesome dude and incredible vocalist. Overall, they sounded better to me than that video of TtFaF that I uploaded on YouTube, it was that good.

Easily my favourite performance of the night. I'm definitely going back to see them when they tour here again.

Their setlist was:

Fury Of The Storm
Operation Ground And Pound
Starfire
Valley Of The Damned
Through The Fire And Flames

Trivium:

Again, these guys played really well too. I practically stood still through the first 3 songs though 'cause I think the stuff from "The Crusade" is shit, boring and way too "pop-ish" for me to like. "Gunshot..." was crazy though, I screamed for that one.

I think they must have played another one or two off "The Crusade" 'cause I was just like..."errr..." for a few and then it was "Rain" which I love and obviously finished with "Pull Harder..."

Their setlist was something like (might not be in order):

To The Rats
Entrance of the Conflagration
Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation
The Decieved
Rain
Becoming the Dragon
Anthem (We Are the Fire)
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr

I got my mate into these. I gave him a CD of all these bands and he liked Trivium the most. After tonight, he likes them even more. I even got him to get himself a shirt because I could tell he really wanted it, he just didn't want to pay £20.

Machine (Fucking) Head:

I didn't really wanna see MH because I don't really like their music. I don't mind Imperium which they played and also Davidian is ok. But the rest of it, I just was looking around, waiting for time to go by. Rob Flynn seemed to be enjoying himself though. He got some guy up on stage because he was their the night before and never managed to catch a drink thrown from the stage so he took Colin (this guy) up and just gave him one. The crowd also nearly took the roof off when Dimebag Darrel was mentioned.

Overall, definitely worth the £30 or whatever it was. Didn't get stabbed in Brixton, didn't break my nose, loose anything or get locked out of the house so I'm cool. All I have to say now is bring on Children Of Bodom.

Last edited by <-Warheart-> : November 25th, 2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #7835 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

wtf a jem7v? stock price is about 2200, 2000 euros= roughly 2900 USD am i wrong here?

Youtube
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #7836 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

Sounds great Mitch! I've heard Daragonforce uses ProTools, perhaps that is why the sound was so good? Trivium and Shadows Fall are alright, but I bet Arch Enemy and Dragonforce stole the show.
Old November 25th, 2007, 10:01 PM   #7837 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

im really anxious to hear alexi's tone with the new Kranks

Youtube
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:00 AM   #7838 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_of_threads View Post
im really anxious to hear alexi's tone with the new Kranks
I dont think he uses Kranks on the album. He just used one for GH album.Let me add too: He has had that Krank for ages!!!...It was on the news of MusaMaailma last year that Roope and Alexi went into the store and bought 2 Krank 100w tube heads because they liked them so much. Still they have not used them. Im just curious how it will sound without the gainboost and with active pickup instead...i hope it will give him a more ballsier n' kickass tone! And if you want to hear Alexi's Krank tone just listen to Guitar heroes album. Oh and i think its interesting to see there was a KK marshall on the studio pics...definetly something new on there!

EDIT:I can't link you the news that alexi had a Krank long ago since its removed from the site(It was in the summer of 2006 i think or autumn)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron

Last edited by the phenom : November 26th, 2007 at 04:07 AM.
Old November 26th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #7839 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post

Dragonforce:

I'm going to say something which none of you will expect....Dragonforce were fuckin' awesome. Me and my other buddy were expecting shitty sound, shitty mixing etc etc. Vocals were more than perfect, drums were robotic, guitar tone was great and they both played really well. Considering how much I bitch about DF live, this is saying alot. I really, really enjoyed them. I still ZP is one of the best frontmen in metal right now. Awesome dude and incredible vocalist. Overall, they sounded better to me than that video of TtFaF that I uploaded on YouTube, it was that good.

Easily my favourite performance of the night. I'm definitely going back to see them when they tour here again.

Aye, I've seen "the force" live twice, and they put on a brilliant show both times. So tbh their reputation of being "shit live", from my experience, isn't warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
a dog just stole my raisin bun
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #7840 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
Aye, I've seen "the force" live twice, and they put on a brilliant show both times. So tbh their reputation of being "shit live", from my experience, isn't warranted.
Well to me, all the live vids on youtube were bad, playing wise and everything else but this was different. When I saw them at Download, I wasn't too close so I can't really blame them completely for the sound since it's not up to them to mix either but yeah, they've definitely improved alot.
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #7841 (permalink)
OvSeth

I'm not a big fan of Dragonforce, but it's nice to hear that they cleaned up their act.

My high E string just broke, I have to go get new strings .
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #7842 (permalink)
erni
+_*

^ Awww, poor Nicki..., haha.

Old November 26th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #7843 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by erni View Post
^ Awww, poor Nicki..., haha.
Wrong thread?
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #7844 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Well to me, all the live vids on youtube were bad, playing wise and everything else but this was different. When I saw them at Download, I wasn't too close so I can't really blame them completely for the sound since it's not up to them to mix either but yeah, they've definitely improved alot.
I saw them at tuska this year too. Even though i didn't/don't like them they were amazingly entertaining and fuck...those guys got energy no doubt. Herman seemed to have gotten his sweeping up to scratch too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #7845 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Wrong thread?
Squeee's name is actually Nick!

About dragonforce, glad you had a great time, but i can't really see how they actually could pull it off, every "instructional" vid i've seen of them, showcases both sloppy playing and just a general bad attitude, but i'm probably wrong, since you're practically famous for bashing sloppyness
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #7846 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
† Fuck You Very Much †

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhe View Post

About dragonforce, glad you had a great time, but i can't really see how they actually could pull it off, every "instructional" vid i've seen of them, showcases both sloppy playing and just a general bad attitude, but i'm probably wrong, since you're practically famous for bashing sloppyness
Ahhhhh, I thought it said NIKKI.

But yeah, DF did pull it off. I was even satisfied with Sam's playing that night too.
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #7847 (permalink)
allstar990
Yeah I'm 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruins View Post
it does. standart onboard and so on cards usually have ok output
something that would go for the most users of the world because not everybody are audiophiles.
second thing about sound cards is that most of them produced for out put purpeses the input usually crap, low sensitivity low spectrum low what ever and how ever you want to call it that causes shity sound results.
now days i am using onboard sound card for gaming and movies its some stock7.1 crap
though for recording and sound work i am using ESI Juli@ http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=43
Specifications:
DirectWIRE 3.0 support
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz ADC: 114dB dynamic range
- high quality 24-bit 192kHz DAC: 112dB dynamic range
- 2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs with unique swappable I/O socket design: users can choose between unbalanced RCA I/O (-10dBV) and Balanced TRS I/O (+4dBu)
- Built in digital optical output - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- Digital coaxial I/O (with support for up to 192kHz) - 5.1 Dolby digital support
- MIDI I/O with 1 input and 1 output
- Complete internal digital mixer – enables to monitor digital I/O as well
- PCI compatibility – designed to suit for +3.3V and/or +5V PCI slots
- supports MME/WDM, DirectSound, ASIO 2.0, GSIF 2.0
- EWDM driver support for Windows 98SE/ME/2000 and XP
- MAC OS 10.2 or better.

this great range IS NOTICEABLE in quality of recording and playback
its sounds crisp clean and rich.
its not like RMI but definitely in the class in terms of sound quality.
for home use and recordings I couldn't ask for more in the price range.

new neck or fretboard wont ruin your guitar its just that i doubt you will manage to sit it in the correct spot.
i am not sure how you are going to strip the fretboard off your neck and glue a new one but if your skills are good enough good luck.
don't forget to show us the results of your work.
the other thing is that even if you do find a replacement neck with the same holes where neck and body joins, most likely your intonation of the entire fretboard will be incorrect.
the thing in guitar is no matter what scale length you choose its the way the length is divided.
the 12th fret is always in the middle between nut and the bridge
the 24th fret is always in the middle between the 12th fret and the bridge
so what you would have to do is to make sure your new neck will sit in the correct spot to preserve this rules. elsewise you can forget it intonation being correct.

other thing you can do is to continue the fret board on your body the upper frets will be harder to access. i have never saw nor heard any one doing so so you might be the first one. and again provide with some pics when you done.

and the last thing do your research on this website i gave you before and google it up some more info about it and you will know how much it is possible or not possible.
EVERYTHING is possible the only question is are YOU able to do it or not.
forget it my rr3 is beautiful for now atleast...
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:10 PM   #7848 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

I've just found out that my guitar has arrived, but my parents aren't letting me have it until Xmas Which is bullshit tbh, I payed for half of it.

Just as a reminder, it's this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
a dog just stole my raisin bun
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #7849 (permalink)
┼Victim of the Night┼

Quote:
So I just got back from The Black Crusade tour at The Carling Academy, Brixton, UK.

Lineup:
• Shadows Fall
• Arch Enemy
• Dragonforce
• Trivium
• Machine Head

Overall, definitely worth the £30 or whatever it was. Didn't get stabbed in Brixton, didn't break my nose, loose anything or get locked out of the house so I'm cool. All I have to say now is bring on Children Of Bodom.
Yay! I'm glad it went all fine and that you had a lot of fun, this is important.

And the next time we're gonna meet... I hope we can get to go to a show like that together, that would be nice.
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #7850 (permalink)
OvSeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhe View Post

Thank you for clarifying that By the way, I listened to your song not too long ago