Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (55) Thread Tools
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:53 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #9351 (permalink)
umosay

^ Thanks. I intend to soon
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #9352 (permalink)
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721 View Post
msn would be good. what time will you be on? I don't think I'll be on again till Wednesday. Let me know a good time for you, then we'll figure out our time difference.
I uploaded it on rapidshare, that makes things easier. The password is "donnalee" (if WinRar asks).
The link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/83957137...Mysti.rar.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721 View Post
ohhh that kinda sucks about the power adapter. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you go for a pod?
It was a christmas present from my parents and the POD is much more expensive. And the other reason is that I wanted a little multi fx which I can take with me. I have a guitar lying around at my girlfriend's place, so I can play there too (What actually never happens because she doesn't allow it.).

The last reason is that I liked the sounds I heard from Vai and Mitch (Did Marc ever record something with it?)

Last edited by Corny : January 15th, 2008 at 05:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 15th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #9353 (permalink)
Pђoenix
Phagist Phanboy

Caparison 2008 models are up, well, some of them. I'd slay for the violet horus.

http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/caparison/news.htm

" A life free of guilt exists when the eye fights daylight yet unseen.

A book with not a page written means hope yet sometimes to be... "

The Stillborn One

Old January 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #9354 (permalink)
Corny

^Thanks for sharing. I like the Chris Amott Sig, but I wouldn't want the Arch Enemy Sign on the body.
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #9355 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

I want to ask you guitar players, keyboard players (if you have/know about keytars) and all stringed instruments players (join this thread bass players, , the more we are the better it gets) something: do you use/have used/think are worth the price the strap lockers like the ones Alexi uses(meaning those that you need to remove the original strap support to put this)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #9356 (permalink)
Pђoenix
Phagist Phanboy

Strap locks are good, if you like doing crazy shit on stage. Personally, I don't use them because I don't do crazy shit and would see no real point in buying straplocks as I have no problems with my strap detaching. Of course it's totally up to you and if you do get them you'll have that extra assurance your guitar won't drop.

" A life free of guilt exists when the eye fights daylight yet unseen.

A book with not a page written means hope yet sometimes to be... "

The Stillborn One

Old January 15th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #9357 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

The thing that is making me doubt most is that maybe they don't fit in the hard case, because they're bigger than the usual strap supports and the Rhoads has one on the back, so it could increase the height of the neck joint and make difficult/ to close the case. Could this happen? Guitar Jackson RR24 and hard case Multi-fit Jackson for Kelly, RR, King V and Warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #9358 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by umosay View Post
Finished it off now, i think it's better than my last song and it only took just over a day to finish compared with a month for Starnight Rider

http://www.sendspace.com/file/28528k
Terrific! Do you have eight other songs completed as well? Are you composing a Guitar Pro album?
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM   #9359 (permalink)
umosay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitudes View Post
Terrific! Do you have eight other songs completed as well? Are you composing a Guitar Pro album?
I've finished 2 pretty much entirely (incl. lyrics), another 2 are almost done.. and like 7 others are in progress. I'm in no hurry though, cause i always find things to change/improve over time (as i get better) but yeah... trying to write a full album.

Last edited by umosay : January 15th, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #9360 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by umosay View Post
I've finished 2 pretty much entirely (incl. lyrics), another 2 are almost done.. and like 7 others are in progress. I'm in no hurry though, cause i always find things to change/improve over time (as i get better) but yeah... trying to write a full album.
I'm quite impressed, I wish I was able to arrange parts for ALL instruments. Just by doing this process I bet you are improving at guitar. And of course a musician is always trying to find ways to improve and revise.

"A painting is never finished - it simply stops in interesting places." -Paul Gardner
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM   #9361 (permalink)
umosay

Quote:
I'm quite impressed, I wish I was able to arrange parts for ALL instruments. Just by doing this process I bet you are improving at guitar. And of course a musician is always trying to find ways to improve and revise.

"A painting is never finished - it simply stops in interesting places." -Paul Gardner
Nice quote I agree. I'm always sad when Starchild ends, 'there's no end to creation'... but it had to end somewhere :P. I only started to write stuff like 6 months ago... i couldn't even use guitar pro then so i just gradually taught myself.

Last edited by umosay : January 15th, 2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old January 16th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #9362 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

on Sunday my band Portland Youth Rock Orchestra (PYRO) played a battle of the bands. we got there at 2:30. and we sold the most tickets (91 out of 100) so we got to choose what spot we wanted out of 10 bands. we chose 2nd to last (at around 9 o clock) which is around the time everyone would be there. because the judging is on applause. so pretty much the first couple bands sucked. i dont want to even say how bad but the 6th band was called voyd. the guitarist was 15 and he was fucking amazing but he was the only catch of the band. chops were amazing but songwriting blowed and it was just him wanking half the time. a sweet metal band played some log covers they were cool. long story short we got on the sound was amazing. everything went amazing crowd was INSANE we had the biggest mosh pit. and we playstuff from blues-jazz-funk-heavy metal so it was awesome the response we got. we played 3 originals and 1 cover (john the fisherman) we had to cut chop suey because of that gay band voyd that begged like pussies to play one more.my solos were awesome no gear problems. my dad filmed the whole thing so vids will be up soon.

well the last band went on and they were called forbidden symphony. i didnt like the singer who was a girl. she wasnt to great. but the guitarists...fuck the lead guitarist was god damn insane. he had old school 80's ibanez, you know when they used to make the ones with the cool designs? he was all over the place fucking madman. the other guitarist was awesome and he had a jem 77fp that was actually steve vai's once. so all said and done all of our fans left (gay bitches) so we were kinda afraid we would lose. but its only the semi-finals so 3 bands move on. so there were a million people for forbidden symphony but we had good applause. after i talked to the guys from symphony they were really awesome they were like 40 and said how amazing i was etc. etc. anyways today we learned that were on for the finals on march 1st so im phsyced. and we got asked to play again at rock and roll pizza but we cant make out buts it great exposure.

sorry for long post but im so happy

Youtube
Old January 16th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #9363 (permalink)
Chairman Kaga

Has anyone here tried singing any Wintersun? I personally think that the hardest song to sing by them is Starchild, then maybe Winter Madness after that. I've tried singing the entire album, and I think those two are the hardest.
Old January 16th, 2008, 01:48 AM   #9364 (permalink)
Fetzer
Dr. uıʌǝʞ

Keytars! OMG, if someday I become rich or popular (or both, but still being alive ) I fucking want to make me build my own models of Keytar, cause I think it's very useful and can be nice BUT HOLY FUCK they are so ugly that doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
Guitar Pro album?

Ahah... I think I made 4 MIDI albums before I could finnaly reccord my things

Last edited by Fetzer : January 16th, 2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old January 16th, 2008, 01:53 AM   #9365 (permalink)
Chairman Kaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetzer View Post
Ahah... I think I made 4 MIDI albums before I could finnaly reccord my things
How many songs have you written so far?
Old January 16th, 2008, 02:09 AM   #9366 (permalink)
Fetzer
Dr. uıʌǝʞ

I could make a Zip fill with all my shit in it, I just hope I can repair my Hard disk.

The first project I had was an ambiant orchestral soundtrack called Canne-Tordue, tho now I find it musically poor I still love it, even if it's like 1h30 of boredom
I've got a MIDI album for Norfmentis, Folk metal project, the first folk songs I made. They are all like 3-4-5 minutes track, I think there's 15 song on it. I've got one for Inner Museum, some Progressive Metal project I had, there's like 6 song about 6 minute on it. My plan with that was to make write an album in a week, tho it's nothing impressive.
For my next Norfmentis album that I will reccord, I'm writing the song on Guitar Pro first (cause I'm doing the drum with GP, and after that I need to learn the guitars, the bass and other shit like Thin Whistle, Bombard and the Keyboards, so I can't just improvise it on the reccording programs or clearly write all that on paper). The album is now more Folk/Experimental and darker. The first one (that I won't never reccorded, even if I took 2 track on it) was more like... cheesy and happier. On this one till now there's 6 song, from 5 to 12 minutes for tracks, 8 minute in general.

I've got a lot of orchestral things too and experimental shit that I made for fun. I don't really know how many I have but I know I've lost a lot since the last years.

Everything is on my hard disk, and "Hard disk failure is imminent."... I hope it's gonna alright, cause there's a lot of shit on it
Old January 16th, 2008, 02:26 AM   #9367 (permalink)
umosay

Well if you upload the songs other people will have them too so you won't lose anything :P I would like to hear some of your stuff.
Old January 16th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #9368 (permalink)
Chairman Kaga

Quote:
I could make a Zip fill with all my shit in it, I just hope I can repair my Hard disk.

The first project I had was an ambiant orchestral soundtrack called Canne-Tordue, tho now I find it musically poor I still love it, even if it's like 1h30 of boredom
I've got a MIDI album for Norfmentis, Folk metal project, the first folk songs I made. They are all like 3-4-5 minutes track, I think there's 15 song on it. I've got one for Inner Museum, some Progressive Metal project I had, there's like 6 song about 6 minute on it. My plan with that was to make write an album in a week, tho it's nothing impressive.
For my next Norfmentis album that I will reccord, I'm writing the song on Guitar Pro first (cause I'm doing the drum with GP, and after that I need to learn the guitars, the bass and other shit like Thin Whistle, Bombard and the Keyboards, so I can't just improvise it on the reccording programs or clearly write all that on paper). The album is now more Folk/Experimental and darker. The first one (that I won't never reccorded, even if I took 2 track on it) was more like... cheesy and happier. On this one till now there's 6 song, from 5 to 12 minutes for tracks, 8 minute in general.

I've got a lot of orchestral things too and experimental shit that I made for fun. I don't really know how many I have but I know I've lost a lot since the last years.

Everything is on my hard disk, and "Hard disk failure is imminent."... I hope it's gonna alright, cause there's a lot of shit on it
Vocals?
Old January 16th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #9369 (permalink)
Fetzer
Dr. uıʌǝʞ

^I'll do the vocals for Norfmentis after they will be finished writing. I usually don't tab vocals on GP

No actually I'm not on my computer cause the Hard Disk need to be repaired, the computer can't recognize it at the moment, so a technician will come at home to see if anything can be done.
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:43 AM   #9370 (permalink)
Chairman Kaga

Quote:
^I'll do the vocals for Norfmentis after they will be finished writing. I usually don't tab vocals on GP

No actually I'm not on my computer cause the Hard Disk need to be repaired, the computer can't recognize it at the moment, so a technician will come at home to see if anything can be done.
What kind of vocals do you do? are you able to do clean and harsh?
Old January 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #9371 (permalink)
inhe

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uhkw8g

Don't pay attention to the nakedness, some sloppy parts though, but it keeps the thread alive!
Old January 16th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #9372 (permalink)
allstar990
Yeah I'm 14

Guyz i wanna detune my guitar to 1 step down....my guitar has a edge III bridge...the tremelo spring's screws are stuck so i cant turn them.....is there a way to tune down my guitar witout changing string guages? if i detune it by opening the locking nuts and tuning it down with the tuner heads,will the frets buzz? also i have a digitech GNX3000...it makes a whistling noise when i am not playing..why is that? its really annoying
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:00 AM   #9373 (permalink)
the phenom

yes fret will buzz For D tuning you have to get something like 0.10 to 46 or 50. 0.11 to 50 is okay too. For Drop C i suggest changing out the low e string to one "gauge" thicker. You would have to set up your Tremolo bridge though. Maybe you have on the dist/dirty channel on your amp or just the gain or something that will make your digitech send out some shitty tone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #9374 (permalink)
allstar990
Yeah I'm 14

I cant solo...i tried bed of razar's solo and got everyone's ear bleeding...i wanna start off with sum simple metal solos....any suggestions?
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #9375 (permalink)
Bodomonkey

^Paranoid by Black Sabbath