Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (55) Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:38 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #11076 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phenom View Post
Yes my son Spider is suckzor!! I am playing through my peavey and it pisses me off. I want MY RANDALL NOW!!!!! The peavey is just so noisy and is starting to bug me. I will get a good 220 for it if i sell it tho. A + is that i can brag about it being discontinued

@Failure:Yeah...i really want that guitar but a EMG HZ is such a no no that it needs SD immediately. I can sell the EMG HZ and thats a fuckin big plus. I will just state its the same pickup as in alek c signature guitars and it will go fast like fucking fuck...or if they have changed out EMG HZ to SDs by then i will say its the one he USED to have It's a very good price for such a guitar(the edwards)...i really want one Oh and cool you tried the Mesa...I would want to try some marhsalls because thats where im heading next(i think)

how much wll your budget be for a new amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhe View Post
I've been looking into buying a half stack. It's either Marshall JCM800 or the KK signature. Or should i buy some rack pre-amp like the JMP-1 ?
get the KK if those are your only options, dont go rack, to may variables. half stack is just way simpler

Youtube
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #11077 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_of_threads View Post
get the KK if those are your only options, dont go rack, to may variables. half stack is just way simpler
I'm certain it will be a marshall, whatever i end up with. That's what i thought though, it would just be easier with the half stack.
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #11078 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

well the new jvm series is fucking awesome. what do you use now? and what is your budget for this new amp?

Youtube
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #11079 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_of_threads View Post
well the new jvm series is fucking awesome. what do you use now? and what is your budget for this new amp?
I don't think we have the same taste in tone, i tried one of them some time ago, didn't like it at all.

I use this practice amp, it's awesome!

The cheaper the better, but not over $2000 for the head.
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #11080 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

if anyone knew, 7 new ltd models are coming out his year for esp. these are hot off the press pics

Youtube
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #11081 (permalink)
reaperscythe

I like the new headstock on the Roope sign
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #11082 (permalink)
Stonecoldsoul07
Roope Latvala Fanboy :)

I'm Getting the Roope one Fo Sho!
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #11083 (permalink)
dave100
\,,/RR24 \,,/

about bloody time roope got a signature guitar!
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #11084 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Henkka's bass looks badass.
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:23 AM   #11085 (permalink)
the phenom

[quote=failure_of_threads;7044768]how much wll your budget be for a new amp? /QUOTE]

I don't know yet since that will most certainly be next year. im hoping for something a bit under 1000 to the head.(IF IM LUCKY) Might be less...i get a DSL from soundsmusic for 700 so then i also afford a Framus with v30s(4x12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #11086 (permalink)
Muffin
Dawn

Holy shit that Roope sig looks sexy, i WANT it!
Old March 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM   #11087 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Am I the only one who finds Roope's variation thousand times uglier than his actual models? Although Henkka's bass does look badass

@Inhe: if you want kickass tone and simplicity, go for the JCM 800 (either the normal or the KK).

@the phenom: If your budget is not high, why don't you try Peavey 5150's copy Bugera 6260? For ~600€ you'd get a full tube head with a crushing sound (even too much for my taste, but I don't like really distorted tones, so maybe it'd suit your desire for gain, ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old March 10th, 2008, 07:50 AM   #11088 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
@the phenom: If your budget is not high, why don't you try Peavey 5150's copy Bugera 6260? For ~600 you'd get a full tube head with a crushing sound (even too much for my taste, but I don't like really distorted tones, so maybe it'd suit your desire for gain, ).
The only problem=bad cleans and marshall for 700 is nothing so it would rawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old March 10th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #11089 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Am I the only one who finds Roope's variation thousand times uglier than his actual models? Although Henkka's bass does look badass
Nope, I think it looks terrible. There's nothing on the body and it's a plain white/grey colour. The only thing that looks appealing is the neck.
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #11090 (permalink)
Lowberg

The case for the roope model must be enormous lol
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #11091 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

I hate how its only an Ltd and the colour sucks major balls.
If there wan an edwards Roope version i would get it instead of teh Edwards Arrow Head i'm getting
Old March 10th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #11092 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

I've found the Pink Edwards with EMG HZ F2 +MM04 in eBay, now I just have to save up 1100€,

Quote:
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #11093 (permalink)
vikk
parangaricutirimicuaro

hey guys, your toughts about this guys:
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #11094 (permalink)
Ruins
is zayebated

cool this guys have some skills
the keyboardist should work on his lead sound though.
and they should focus alil bit on the groove of the song it is great that they can shred and wank so feast but its not something that you can really connect to and headbang with
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #11095 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

The band would be better without the singer, just instrumental,

Bassist and guitarist on the right are awesome,

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #11096 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruins View Post
cool this guys have some skills
the keyboardist should work on his lead sound though.
and they should focus alil bit on the groove of the song it is great that they can shred and wank so feast but its not something that you can really connect to and headbang with
Are you kidding, the keyboardists tone is awesome, seriously!

On the other hand, i don't like the guitar tones, but it was cool that he did some "MAB over-under".

I liked the part that starts at ~00:48.
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #11097 (permalink)
Ruins
is zayebated

i don't like their tone either but it works live, its noticeable and some what clear
about the keyboardist his lead sound sounds like nintendo to me
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #11098 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
i don't like their tone either but it works live, its noticeable and some what clear
I don't think that's the live sound, i think they just dubbed it over a live vid, i could be wrong, but it's out of sync alot.

Exactly what i like about it, you can hear everything.
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #11099 (permalink)
vikk
parangaricutirimicuaro

Quote:
The band would be better without the singer, just instrumental,

Bassist and guitarist on the right are awesome,
yeah the guitar dude is prolly the best around, he's self-taught
i think the singer is out of the band now (not really sure about it)

Quote:
i agree with the keyboard thing, maybe its the shitty camera mic, i dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhe View Post
I don't think that's the live sound, i think they just dubbed it over a live vid, i could be wrong, but it's out of sync alot.

Exactly what i like about it, you can hear everything.
the sound is live too, i think the fucker that edited the vid fucked up at some parts.
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #11100 (permalink)
_Nazgul_

My CS J-Stars RR arrived in Slovenia 3 hours ago...should be at my place on wednesday! Can't fucking wait!!!

Btw, I just put DR Red Devils strings on my Ferrari Red Jackson RR PRO..looks really nice now . I'll take some pics of it when the sun is up again.