Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (55) Thread Tools
Old March 16th, 2008, 06:02 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #11376 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
That's something I've been wondering: what's the difference between a recessed and a non-recessed floyd? I'm not talking about the tremolo cavity, but abou how they work.
I think the only difference is that you can pull up more on a recessed, because of the cavity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitudes View Post
Cool sig, Warheart.
Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkestra View Post
Maple necks for the win guys, i can't get enough of their crisp attack for metal! ebony is next up of course!
But it's not black!!!!!

I do agree though. My Ibanez RG with the maple board sounds brighter than all my other guitars.

Including my new and improved, WildChild RR.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #11377 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

HA! How did you do that? (Make the image into a sticker)

Photoshop maybe?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #11378 (permalink)
Flippow
Bodom drinker....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikk View Post
6 years now... but i still suck at it
Why.... If i can play for 6 years I would probbely started a band already

But is there a easy metal song to learn to play? I only play for 2 month now. And I rilly wanted to play some metal!
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM   #11379 (permalink)
Lowberg

Woo won a charvell J-50BC for my metal strat i'm building!
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #11380 (permalink)
Stonecoldsoul07
Roope Latvala Fanboy :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowberg View Post
What about the gianboost?
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #11381 (permalink)
Lowberg

OD pedal ftw,

Or I never figured out why people on these boards haven't gave this a shot, but people should try using an EQ pedal to get that midboost effect they want, its all clean boost (unlike OD) and you can pick which frequencies you want to boost to get whatever type of sound alteration you want.
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #11382 (permalink)
Stonecoldsoul07

Quote:
OD pedal ftw,

Or I never figured out why people on these boards haven't gave this a shot, but people should try using an EQ pedal to get that midboost effect they want, its all clean boost (unlike OD) and you can pick which frequencies you want to boost to get whatever type of sound alteration you want.
Doesn't sound like it would be very effective.
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #11383 (permalink)
Lowberg

I don't see how that sounds un-effective.

All a booster switch (like the PA2) does is alter the gain of the pickup's signal. But In the case of jackson's and ESP's booster switch it doesn't just boost the entire signal it also enhances set frequencies (the midrange in particular)

So here you can either set all the EQ sliders in the default position like in this photo and just Use the rightmost slider as a pure un-colored boost in signal, or you can raise the 1.6K or 3.2K slides a bit (coloring your tone by enhancing those frequencies) and then use the rightmost slider to get the desired gain boost.

Old March 16th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #11384 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

I've acheived a Alexi Laiho Early Bodom/Sinergy tone through my friends set-up (small Marshall combo, super-strat, wah pedal) just by tinkering with the wah positions. There isn't any rocket science to Alexi's tone really. Thin and very "wah" like (mid boost). I reckon a equalizer pedal would work too.
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:19 PM   #11385 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitudes View Post
HA! How did you do that? (Make the image into a sticker)

Photoshop maybe?
It's just a piece of paper, stuck on with masking tape.

I think I'll keep it on there for the festival on Friday and see if I get any funny reactions.

Quote:
From Ebay? Pics?
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:35 PM   #11386 (permalink)
Ben Johnson
SSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YOU STOLE LAIHO'S JACKSONS, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!

Old March 16th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #11387 (permalink)
Earth Breather

no he didn't. The Wildchild is up lady_laiho's vajay-jay
Old March 16th, 2008, 09:52 PM   #11388 (permalink)
Lowberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
It's just a piece of paper, stuck on with masking tape.

I think I'll keep it on there for the festival on Friday and see if I get any funny reactions.

From Ebay? Pics?
pics when they come in the mail
Old March 16th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #11389 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Johnson View Post

YOU STOLE LAIHO'S JACKSONS, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!

Haha I wish! No wait...

Quote:
pics when they come in the mail
Fair enough. I thought you had pics from the auction or something.

I'm gonna whore some more pics of it 'cause I've been in a homo photography mood.

Old March 16th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #11390 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

vid of me doing MJR shiz. shit quality though

Youtube
Old March 16th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #11391 (permalink)
Lowberg

Hey mitch, i was watching the paul gilbert clinic you uploaded to youtube,

That one tune he plays at about 20 seconds in, Is that from one of his songs? I tabbed it out and am learning it, but id like to hear him play it in one of his songs if it is where its from.

Old March 16th, 2008, 10:47 PM   #11392 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

I don't recall it being in any songs ever written by Paul, no.

Although there is one bar during the solo in the Racer X song, "Sunlit Nights" where he does the descending version in harmony with Bruce, but as I said, never the full thing like you see on the video.
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #11393 (permalink)
Stonecoldsoul07

Hey Mitch can you figure out how Jiri and Roope are doing this sliding/tapping thing and tab it our real quick? Thanks!
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:11 AM   #11394 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

I listened to the album version and got this:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7gyeck

Sounds a bit weird with the MIDI slides but they're the right notes.
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #11395 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

SWEET!
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #11396 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldsoul07 View Post
Doesn't sound like it would be very effective.
I thought that too before i got a MXR M-108 10 band EQ. It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world. It's incredible...you can basically get any sound with it because you can boost so many different frequencies or cut back. It's basically like a "advanced" amp eq.

@Lowberg "OD FTW!!": Yeah agreed OD Is teh shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:06 AM   #11397 (permalink)
┼Victim of the Night┼

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
I do agree though. My Ibanez RG with the maple board sounds brighter than all my other guitars.

Including my new and improved, WildChild RR.

I'm gonna whore some more pics of it 'cause I've been in a homo photography mood.

Thanks for posting these, great pictures, Mitch... love this guitar, it's my fav guitar in the world, I think.

Anyway... don't forget that your other guitars are all nice too... you're very lucky to have all these treasures.
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:25 AM   #11398 (permalink)
blindguard

Ok... So i have this problem... My Ibanez RGR-320EX is tuned in Eb or a half step down if you like.. I have 010 strings on it.. I have tuned it and the bridge is "leveled". And i have locked the locking nuts of course... But every time i use the tremolo it goes out of tune... But i can almost get in tune again by "lifting" or "lowering" the bridge like use the tremolo the opposite way. But why wont it stay in tune? Can it be that the springs are "loose" like has "slack" or is it something else needed to be fixed?
Any help will do
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #11399 (permalink)
Orkestra
Borneo Function

How old is this guitar? It could be that your knife edges are shot... if not; can you hear a clunk when you raise or lower the bridge?
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #11400 (permalink)
blindguard

The guitar is not even a year! A clunk? I don't hear anything when i raise and or lower it...