Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (55) Thread Tools
Old April 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #12226 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

chop linked me to this via msn today and I can't stop watching, he's fuckin great. so cleeean!

Old April 10th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #12227 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

Terrible tone, nothing special playing-wise imo.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #12228 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

I don't think the tone is bad at all.
and have you seen his other videos?
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #12229 (permalink)
guardian_of_fate

lol, nice guitar faces at the whammy and sweep parts...
Where now is the war horse? Where is the warrior clad in mail? Where is the giver of gold and feasts? Where is the glory of my lord? These days are long gone. All that remains is a monument carved with serpents. Where once warriors were laid down by a hail of ash spears, now a storm of sleet batters their stone. Winter howls and the hardship of life fills men. Wealth is fleeting, comrades are fleeting. Man is transient. I wander through wilderness.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #12230 (permalink)
Lowberg

oh no
too drunk for mm-04 clips sorry mich and COCOB
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:51 PM   #12231 (permalink)
shredtastical
SUX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowberg View Post
oh no
too drunk for mm-04 clips sorry mich and COCOB
and apparently too drunk to type as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless_Name View Post
I'd walk 10 miles with my dick stapled to my belly button while two gay midgets made out between my legs under the mistletoe dangling from my balls for 100,000 dollars.
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #12232 (permalink)
Lowberg

how am i too drunk to type, i can type fine, aside for capitalization so fuck that

maybe i am drunk
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #12233 (permalink)
Lowberg

http://media.putfile.com/MM-04-drunk-tewst

there, it sucks, and its with amp modeling which defeats the whole purpose of trying to boost a TUBE pre-amp but there i did it

One dio with out and the second Dio with, you can barely tell the difference with the amp modeling besides a little more bass, i think its overdriving my interface too i have no fuckin clue

better sober clips tomorow with real mic'd up tube amp
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #12234 (permalink)
enjoi17
I may deserve this

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardian_of_fate View Post
Just to throw in my two cents here, I heard people talking about the toneport and POD and such, and I just recently downloaded a demo of a program called amplitube 2 which I've found has very good sounds. I've tried both the toneport and the pod and have come to prefer the sounds of Amplitube over both of them (plus it requires no hardware, you just plug your guitar in and go). It doesn't have a huge variety but with a little tweaking you can get a good sound out of it. Plus it some good pedals and effects and rack mounts such as reverb, delay, chorus, parametric EQs, all that jazz. So I wanted to recommend it to anyone who is looking for decent amp modeling software. You can download a demo Here. It's a bit pricey but with a little searching through the interwebs you can easily work your way around the cost, I'm not saying that I would do that though The demo version works as a full version for ten days before it requires authorization. Anyone else heard of/tried this program? I can provide a little rough sound clip if anyone is curious.
Before I bought my Podxt I used amplitube 2 for about a year and I think you can get some decent sounds for playing at home and whatnot but if you're ever going to gig a pod is more feasible and sounds much better imo.
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #12235 (permalink)
guardian_of_fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi17 View Post
Before I bought my Podxt I used amplitube 2 for about a year and I think you can get some decent sounds for playing at home and whatnot but if you're ever going to gig a pod is more feasible and sounds much better imo.
Yea, thats beside the point, I was talking about for home use. Besides...if your going to a gig a real fucking AMP is more feasible. I can't fathom why someone would use a POD on stage.
Where now is the war horse? Where is the warrior clad in mail? Where is the giver of gold and feasts? Where is the glory of my lord? These days are long gone. All that remains is a monument carved with serpents. Where once warriors were laid down by a hail of ash spears, now a storm of sleet batters their stone. Winter howls and the hardship of life fills men. Wealth is fleeting, comrades are fleeting. Man is transient. I wander through wilderness.
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #12236 (permalink)
deaddreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitudes View Post
Terrible tone, nothing special playing-wise imo.
Doesn't sound 'terrible' to me... considering it's just a pedal. And his not bad of a player, better than most youtubers. Watch some of his other videos.
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #12237 (permalink)
reaperscythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddreams View Post
Doesn't sound 'terrible' to me... considering it's just a pedal. And his not bad of a player, better than most youtubers. Watch some of his other videos.
agree!
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #12238 (permalink)
Virtuoosi

I started like yesterday my first tabbing try of a song, and I'd like some feedback on how I've done so far. The song is Norther's "We Rock". Decided to give it a go since I haven't found any on the interwebz and I wanna train my ear. I'll give later a go at the drums + bass and keys when I have finished the intro, and make some corrections on it to the parts that I can't hear good.

Link ; http://www.sendspace.com/file/uv7aq2
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #12239 (permalink)
enjoi17
I may deserve this

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardian_of_fate View Post
Yea, thats beside the point, I was talking about for home use. Besides...if your going to a gig a real fucking AMP is more feasible. I can't fathom why someone would use a POD on stage.

Point is, a POD sounds a hell of a lot better than amplitube 2, I've used both and the POD has much better amp models, effects, that's all there is to it. Not everyone can afford great amps or wants to lug them around all the time, a pod lets you bring your tone/effects and plug right into a PA, lots of people use them on stage and I would for sure. 400$ for amp model software? you'd have to be retarded to pay that.
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #12240 (permalink)
the phenom

I much rather just use my Randall stack I am allergic to shit like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old April 11th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #12241 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721 View Post
chop linked me to this via msn today and I can't stop watching, he's fuckin great. so cleeean!

I've seen that before and it's really not that clean at all. The tone is bad and his sweeps are ok, at best. There's no real timing to them and his picking sound un-synched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowberg View Post
http://media.putfile.com/MM-04-drunk-tewst

there, it sucks, and its with amp modeling which defeats the whole purpose of trying to boost a TUBE pre-amp but there i did it

One dio with out and the second Dio with, you can barely tell the difference with the amp modeling besides a little more bass, i think its overdriving my interface too i have no fuckin clue

better sober clips tomorow with real mic'd up tube amp
That was cool. Do you have an '87 GP-1000? I can get more gain out of mine, yours sounds way too dry.
Old April 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #12242 (permalink)
Lowberg

no no that was with amp modeling software it wasn't with the GP-1000, I'm at college right now and the GP-1000 is at home, i can get plenty of gain out of it.

Heres an actual mic'd up clip of my GP-1000

http://media.putfile.com/Lee-Jackson-test-audio

That clip was Before i got the J50BC and MM-04, so The pickup was a Dimarzio Tonezone with no sort of gainboost or OD, right into GP-1000->PeaveyClassic 50/50-> Mesa 2x12 with V30's speakers, mic'd with a Shure SM57

Recorded at like decently low volume so there was not much poweramp action going on there,

GP-1000 settings for the tone controls was everything max'd and pulled, midshift on 5, and the master output (channel2) knob was at about 10'oclock.

I cant wait to see how it sounds with the MM-04! It will be a few weeks until i go home but it will be worth it!

Last edited by Lowberg : April 11th, 2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old April 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #12243 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Yeah, that's from your GP-1000 overview vids. It still sounds really dry though. Is it an '87 version?

And I just recorded the guitar solo from the song, Smile Pretty For The Devil. It's over the original song but panned right so you can hear it, it's quite loud too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8yz86v

I haven't practised it before, only tonight as I was recording so I might do a another audio clip or a vid when I get it a bit cleaner.
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #12244 (permalink)
OvSeth

I heard one missed note, but that rocked. ( Especially since you haven't practiced it at all. )
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #12245 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

oh noes
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM   #12246 (permalink)
Ensi
CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

Does the MM-04 boost any mids or something like that?
Because my PA2 kinda suck, its just, gain.

Gear:
Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, LTD MH-1000ET, JS30RR, Fender CD-60, Squier Vint. Mod 5-string J-bass
EVH 5150 III 50w, Harley Benton 2x12 v30, ISP Decimator, Maxon OD808, Korg Pitchblack
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Redeye 3D Phantom, Yamaha HS8, Shure SM57, T-Bone SC400, M-Audio Q40
YouTube | SoundCloud
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #12247 (permalink)
OvSeth

Lol, I wasn't being totally serious about the missed note thing.
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #12248 (permalink)
Lowberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
Yeah, that's from your GP-1000 overview vids. It still sounds really dry though. Is it an '87 version?

And I just recorded the guitar solo from the song, Smile Pretty For The Devil. It's over the original song but panned right so you can hear it, it's quite loud too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8yz86v

I haven't practised it before, only tonight as I was recording so I might do a another audio clip or a vid when I get it a bit cleaner.
I think so, the serial number starts with 87, It still sounds a little different in person, theres alot of factors that would cause inaccuracies in the sound, mic/mic position/ poweramp resonance and presence settings/ shitty interface conversion rate lol
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #12249 (permalink)
Stonecoldsoul07
Roope Latvala Fanboy :)

So is the mm-04 a copy of the je-1000 or is it a complete clone?The mm-04 sounds a lot like the je-1000 but i'll have to try both if that will ever be possible.
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #12250 (permalink)
_Nazgul_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensi View Post
Does the MM-04 boost any mids or something like that?
Because my PA2 kinda suck, its just, gain.
Original Jackson JE1000 boost adds only gain too. It has 3 mini-switches though, like small EQ, that change the sound, but they are "on" all the time if you know what I mean. Little switch on the JE1000 adds gain only, but the sound stays the same all the time.