Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (55) Thread Tools
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #13251 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

^Mitch records everything with Cool Edit Pro, so you must have heard about it at least once,

I use it myself too, that YBOD interlude was recorded with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #13252 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
Bah, squeeze it somewhere they can't see it and you're done,

Also, my last contribution to the thread today:

You're Better Off Dead interlude
hahahaha what exactly are you implying mister?
Besides, I wouldn't wanna use the flash on the camera as they're playing, that's pretty rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
But?.. Cubase is an excellent program for that, ive never heard of this "Cool Edit Pro", honestly it sounds like a kid toy, but whatever. I would recommend Cubase(if you can run it, i cant, it tries to fuck me over), or REAPER for stuff like this.
lol, I didn't mean it like that. Cubase is great, but it can be complicated at times. (oh and you need to get the "dongle" for it...it fakes the usb thing on your computer. or something like that.)
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #13253 (permalink)
Muffin
Dawn

^^Really? Sounds like a toy(the name). Also its apparently called Adobe Audition now.

I'll stick to REAPER though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721 View Post

lol, I didn't mean it like that. Cubase is great, but it can be complicated at times. (oh and you need to get the "dongle" for it...it fakes the usb thing on your computer. or something like that.)
True, it can be yeah.. And the dongle thing, hahah,i gave up on that thing, so i havent tried the latest cubase

Last edited by Muffin : May 5th, 2008 at 04:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #13254 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Inhe, I found a vid where I'm playing through the ADA MP-1 with the Ibanez RG. Are you still interested in hear the tone? I used two different outputs and the 2nd is a lot more overdriven so I demonstrated that in the vid.

It was recorded the same day as the GP-1000 tone test vid but for some reason, I didn't upload it.

And Adobe Audition is one of the most popular recording programs, underneath Cubase and of course, Pro Tools.
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #13255 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

^I am

Any comments on my YBOD attempt? Was it that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique1721 View Post
hahahaha what exactly are you implying mister?
Besides, I wouldn't wanna use the flash on the camera as they're playing, that's pretty rude.
I meant an inner pocket on a jacket, etc... What were you thinking about??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #13256 (permalink)
Muffin
Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Warheart-> View Post
And Adobe Audition is one of the most popular recording programs, underneath Cubase and of course, Pro Tools.

Seriously never heard of it before now, oh well
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #13257 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Quote:
^I am

It wasn't bad, you play very clean, but it sounds like you messed up a couple of times.

Quote:
I meant an inner pocket on a jacket, etc... What were you thinking about??
hehe, neverrrrminddd

I thought you meant something else.
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #13258 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Inhe, I found a vid where I'm playing through the ADA MP-1 with the Ibanez RG. Are you still interested in hear the tone? I used two different outputs and the 2nd is a lot more overdriven so I demonstrated that in the vid.
I sure am Glad you remembered!

Quote:
Im at girlfriend's house now, i'll look at it tomorrow!
Old May 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #13259 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

I just uploaded it to YT.

Old May 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #13260 (permalink)
Earth Breather

speaking of which, how many of you guys have girlfriends?
Ill be the first to admit I do not
Old May 5th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #13261 (permalink)
guardian_of_fate

wtf?
Where now is the war horse? Where is the warrior clad in mail? Where is the giver of gold and feasts? Where is the glory of my lord? These days are long gone. All that remains is a monument carved with serpents. Where once warriors were laid down by a hail of ash spears, now a storm of sleet batters their stone. Winter howls and the hardship of life fills men. Wealth is fleeting, comrades are fleeting. Man is transient. I wander through wilderness.
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #13262 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Breather View Post
Neither do I
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #13263 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcy_uk View Post
Sorry to break the conversation, and this has probably been said before, but in a thread that moves pretty fast, I can't afford to go back and check other pages for answers if this has been asked before.
on average, how many hour(s) a day do you guys practice? Come after the exams, I'm gonna be playing 6 hours + a day, but now I'm lucky to play an hour a week ,although in normal term time I play around 90 minutes daily.
like 2-4? i dont play much on weekends because im always gone doing shit with friends. on summer its fucking up to 12 hours usually. and nowadays i've been getting soo much better with not that much practice so in the summer itll be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhe View Post
I wonder if this really is true, if so, it's totally awesome! RG770 re-issue!

http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_RG770DXRR.html

Awesome video aswell Mitch, really tight.
hawt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Breather View Post
probably wrong thread....but i dont

Youtube
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #13264 (permalink)
<-Warheart->
Fuck You Very Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_of_threads
probably wrong thread....
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardian_of_fate
wtf?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhe
Im at girlfriend's house now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Breather
C'mon guys, it's not rocket science.
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #13265 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

lawl.

new vid, intro to inferno by symphony x. learned today so whatev i was just messin round

Youtube
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #13266 (permalink)
Altitudes
Stay Frosty

Quote:
I just recorded a vid of The Mad Dash, the tab that I uploaded yesterday. I can do it fine at 130bpm but I tried to push it and hit 140bpm instead so there's a few bits where I fall out of time but I manage to get back in okay. I might try and practise it a bit and see if I can get it up to like 150/165bpm like the original, but god damn, it's hard!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/od5407

I'll re-record it if I manage to get a higher speed.
You weren't lying, it is hard to play at normal speed! Playing those string-skipped arpeggios at 165 is very difficult. You nailed it cleanly Its kinda like lifting weights, gradually increase tempo.
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #13267 (permalink)
shredtastical
SUX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcy_uk View Post
Sorry to break the conversation, and this has probably been said before, but in a thread that moves pretty fast, I can't afford to go back and check other pages for answers if this has been asked before.
on average, how many hour(s) a day do you guys practice? Come after the exams, I'm gonna be playing 6 hours + a day, but now I'm lucky to play an hour a week ,although in normal term time I play around 90 minutes daily.
depends. sometimes depending on school and shit, 3-4 every other day. but i have to squeeze in gf time on the weekend, which basically means all of friday and saturday night, so my practice schedule is all fucked up. especially with finals closing in, i've got a lot of shit going on that interferes, however summer will be better. but i have a gig coming up so i better get my ass in gear or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless_Name View Post
I'd walk 10 miles with my dick stapled to my belly button while two gay midgets made out between my legs under the mistletoe dangling from my balls for 100,000 dollars.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #13268 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
guh, i used to play hours and hours, all day... Now i just, i rarely sit down to "Practice" perse. I sit around the computer and i have about 4 guitars and a bass in arms reach, so whenever i feel like playing, i do, i use them for writing, and stuff like that. Sometimes i just impro. Though i dont sit with a metronome and do excersises for hours, though i hate myself for not doing that
who here actually does that? Sits around for hours practicing with a metronome? I don't think it's really worth that much effort because it's not helping your creativity, but just making you more like a machine. I mean, yes, I understand that that is how you build speed, but for so many hours in day? I don't think so
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #13269 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

i do actually. honestly you have to do it if u want to progress, it builds dexterity/speed/patience it also gives you a sense of speed/timing etc. espeicially for locking in with a band.

Youtube
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #13270 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

I agree. But doing it for HOURS a day is ridiculous. Recently I've changed up my practicing habits, and now I practice some PG exercises with a metronome for about 30min a day, and then I go onto practicing songs, and then I work on my own writing. I think that's a good balance. Rather than devoting all your time to a metronome.
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #13271 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

well i definetly dont spend all my time doing it, i do it a lot though. i also do scales and sing to them as well. just to strenghtn my vocals for back up or something because bands always need backup singers etc. but im so happy with myself because im pulling off stuff that i never thought i could do even a month ago.

Youtube
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM   #13272 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

you have improved a lot. how long have you played now?

oh and for your video, it's really hard to hear your guitar. your computer just overpowers it.
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #13273 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

god i know! i even put it on the amp but no difference, and i turned it down and everything...meh i need something better to record with. umm man i wanna say at least 2 1/2 years?

hbu? and i remember u had a crate powerblock, is it good?

Youtube
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:18 PM   #13274 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

It'll be 2 years for me in June. And that'll also be the anniversary of my Xiphos

I've never owned Crate...everything I have is Ibanez except for the pod xt. oh and my bass, which is yamaha.
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:20 PM   #13275 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

nice. that weird i saw a pic that u posted and there was a powerblock in it.

Youtube