Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (55) Thread Tools
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #14501 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
^ I know, that's why I said FYI, so Orcy knew.
Ah okay. Well youre right about that anyway. I remember him having like SH-4 or 5 in the bridge. Got to check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #14502 (permalink)
OvSeth

I absolutely hate Jani's tone . Just my opinion, still a good player though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #14503 (permalink)
Pђoenix
Phagist Phanboy

Yeyeyeyeyeyeyyey!!!! It was gonna happen sooner or later.

oooooo the suspense...

Isn't she beautiful!

" A life free of guilt exists when the eye fights daylight yet unseen.

A book with not a page written means hope yet sometimes to be... "

The Stillborn One

Old June 18th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #14504 (permalink)
OvSeth

The guitar ran away!
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM   #14505 (permalink)
Earth Breather

looks pretty light. ibanez didn't lie!
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #14506 (permalink)
Ruins
is zayebated

its the new stealth finish
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #14507 (permalink)
inhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pђoenix View Post
Yeyeyeyeyeyeyyey!!!! It was gonna happen sooner or later.

oooooo the suspense...

Isn't she beautiful!
Haha, loved the way you put up the pics

Congratulations, how is it so far? Was it the 6 or 7 string?

And what colour? Show us some pics !!
Old June 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #14508 (permalink)
Pђoenix
Phagist Phanboy

Here you go dudes.

Sorry if you're still using dial-up

I'm really debating whether or not to refinish it now, the colour is really nice and consistant on this one!

" A life free of guilt exists when the eye fights daylight yet unseen.

A book with not a page written means hope yet sometimes to be... "

The Stillborn One

Old June 18th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #14509 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

Awesome, one of my friends recently got a Xiphos too. Fucking awesome things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
a dog just stole my raisin bun
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #14510 (permalink)
Earth Breather

thats a fucking nice RG
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #14511 (permalink)
Swabs
HAHA COOL

After Wacken I'm actually going to save some fucking money and buy one of those RG770DX's

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
a dog just stole my raisin bun
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:30 PM   #14512 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

fuck! pics dont work at all on this ghey comp!

photobucket was hacked, no wonder

Youtube

Last edited by The Emptier : June 18th, 2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:31 AM   #14513 (permalink)
Earth Breather

i was looking at older posts in this thread. wow, we all were fucking idiots
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #14514 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

gawd, look at my first post in this thread

nvm it only does last 250 posts and the first thing i posted was with my old account the_emptier

Youtube
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #14515 (permalink)
Mystique1721
bass solo, take one

Congratulations Phoenix! And yeah, it's a beautiful color, you should keep it that way.
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:39 AM   #14516 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_of_threads View Post
gawd, look at my first post in this thread

nvm it only does last 250 posts and the first thing i posted was with my old account the_emptier
I think i remember reading the post before...something like you are going to play Lake Bodom for your school, amirite? Wasn't it Emptifier btw?

Can't say my posts are good either
Quote:
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:43 AM   #14517 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

damn you have nice memory, the emptifier was the same account as failure but i just got a name change. and i was like, lawl i can speed pick at 200bpm har har back then. haha. damn im so much better now it's insane

Youtube
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:48 AM   #14518 (permalink)
the phenom

well you are damn great nowadays. You kick my balls anyday with your sweeping and crazy shit Well i remember you posting with Emptifier name...oh and i remember my video where i playd with my guitar out of tune and with wrong tab That was T3H LULZ! No wonder i got bashed.
Quote:
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:59 AM   #14519 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

:lol man it's funny to look back. yeah i had an old account called the_emptier but i got banned because i created a troll and made a stupid thread :lol but you are really good to though, i forget, are you in a band?

Youtube
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:06 AM   #14520 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
:lol man it's funny to look back. yeah i had an old account called the_emptier but i got banned because i created a troll and made a stupid thread :lol but you are really good to though, i forget, are you in a band?
Haha! Thank you! Well i don't remember that...i just remember the damn sig you had that always made me like "WTF". IT was like a robot or something. I am in a band yes...we play something like Metalcore/Melodic Death metal. We are currently inactive though because the drummer is on military duty and we got evicted from our rehearsal room(de ja vu...it's not the first time ). After New year he should be back and then we rent a place,practice and hopefully gig. We just got a complete Lineup I am Vocalist and guitarist then theres another guitarist,bassiist and drummer.
Quote:
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:07 AM   #14521 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

that's cool, do you do clean or growly vocals?

heres my old account

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/member.php?u=68354

it's pretty facepalm worthy

Youtube
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:11 AM   #14522 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
that's cool, do you do clean or growly vocals?

heres my old account

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/member.php?u=68354

it's pretty facepalm worthy
Didn't know it still exists. Well i used to do both...im not sure if i will anymore but i have no problem with it. I got really easy for growling nowadays so that is no problem(I do wonder if i have ruined my voice though because when i started growling my voice was breaking and shit...i hope to god not ). I actually dunno why i said we play metalcore...probably because of the partly clean vocals but we don't f.ex play in a drop tuning. We have once though. We are currently wondering which tuning we should switch to(Either C standard or Drop C). We got like 2-3 own songs. 2 are completely done with lyrics and shit. The 3rd doesn't yet have lyrics.

EDIT: GODDAMIT I LOL'd!
POOP ON YOUR MOMS BUTT!!! It's not even closed yet!
Quote:

Last edited by the phenom : June 19th, 2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:18 AM   #14523 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

that's cool. i suck at growling/death metal stuff im kinda getting better though i just sorta practice though. not really hard at all. im in a band to, but it's really weird. it's like an orchestra and we have like a leader sorta and hes in his 30's but the rest of the band is 14-18. but he just kinda helps us at practice and me and the other guitarist do all the solo's and he just does rhythm usually cuz he doesnt want to take the spotlight. but we do a lot of funk/jazz/rock/blues/ etc. not much metal. we have 3-4 originals and probably 8-10 covers. it's really fun but im looking to be in a serious metal band to. like a symphony x cover band or something :lol

Youtube
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:22 AM   #14524 (permalink)
the phenom

Quote:
that's cool. i suck at growling/death metal stuff im kinda getting better though i just sorta practice though. not really hard at all. im in a band to, but it's really weird. it's like an orchestra and we have like a leader sorta and hes in his 30's but the rest of the band is 14-18. but he just kinda helps us at practice and me and the other guitarist do all the solo's and he just does rhythm usually cuz he doesnt want to take the spotlight. but we do a lot of funk/jazz/rock/blues/ etc. not much metal. we have 3-4 originals and probably 8-10 covers. it's really fun but im looking to be in a serious metal band to. like a symphony x cover band or something :lol
Yeah. I saw the video from a gig you had...it was pretty cool! Well it helps alot to be involved with different styles because it expans the musical view alot Yeah well the problem is always the members...either they suck or they are hard to find . Especially bassists are hard to find...drummers also The problem here is when you play a gig as amateur band is that you will just have a bunch of drunks as audience anyway Exception for a couple of places. We will have to see about gigs with the band.

Growling and Screaming takes time to learn. First it's just disgusting when you get dry/sore throat. Later it's pretty effortless. It can damage your vocal chords pretty easily so be careful! I think i might've done that already. In a mild degree obviously then.
Quote:
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #14525 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

i can't find any good guitarists my age at all, like really good. im honestly the best guitarist at my school and im a freshman (going to be soph. in fall) and its a school of 1200 i need to find like a really great rhythm guitarist and other great members. i have an awesome drummer/bassist and he knows tons of ppl so that'll be my best bet

Youtube