Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (55) Thread Tools
Old August 26th, 2008, 01:54 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #16301 (permalink)
_Nazgul_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowchildCOBHC View Post

All Im Asking Is What Would Be The Best Care Methods to carry out for an ebony fretboard with raletively large inlays,so id just need the types of stuff used and ways of doing the applicationThanks Alot
Clean the fretboard with some naphta.

Then get yourself a bottle of this:
http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm
Best stuff out there.

Get some #0000 steel wool and rub the frets with it, they will look shiny again, just like new. Mask the fretboard with masking tape before so that only the frets are visible.

That's all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:40 AM   #16302 (permalink)
ShadowchildCOBHC

thanks,what about the wood areas jsut the naptha will do ??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:41 AM   #16303 (permalink)
_Nazgul_

yes, naptha to clean the fretboard, fret doctor (the link) to condition it. Don't worry about the binding, inlays or anything.
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #16304 (permalink)
deaddreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer197666 View Post
My Gp1000 came in today.

So far my thoughts-

Extremely Crunchy
Enough gain to do 80's metal
Needs a boost
Not sure how it likes my pickup/guitar (LTD MH400 w/ evo's)
Sounds kinda thin through my POS SS Kustom > gflex 212
Did you win the 87 model one off ebay? If so, you beat me by like $1 lol.

Well whoever it was I was kinda glad I got outbidded because the price was pretty damn high.
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM   #16305 (permalink)
ShadowchildCOBHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nazgul_ View Post
yes, naptha to clean the fretboard, fret doctor (the link) to condition it. Don't worry about the binding, inlays or anything.
thanks alot,and from all the people it was you,im lucky,
thanks alot yea
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #16306 (permalink)
Elintaso

Old August 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #16307 (permalink)
Sixxpm

Hey young dudes I have more vids for you to watch...I know this is Classic Rock but the last time I post you guys seem very knowledgeable about any potentially good guitar wanking...and by the way your welcome was awesome!!
Here you go !!
RR24 content

Thanx for your time young Metal Dudes!!
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #16308 (permalink)
Dunununuuu-NUNUNU
Li3k omgz0r?

Sounds good!

Brilliant tone once again.

And I listen to all kinds of music. Metal is just one of them.

Mattias "IA" Eklundh

Old August 26th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #16309 (permalink)
Sixxpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunununuuu-NUNUNU View Post
Sounds good!

Brilliant tone once again.

And I listen to all kinds of music. Metal is just one of them.
Thanx Mattias...very nice of you ...and that is why I love you guys, you listen to a lot of stuff ,and seem to respect what brought guitar based music to were it is right now...You can listen to a 51 years old like me and be knowledgable at what he does!!!
Thanx
Sixxpm
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #16310 (permalink)
innuenDO
Pottwahl

@Sixxpm: Wow you are 51. I didnt expect that after having watched the video. When I'm 51 I would love to do such kickass music as yours! The solo in Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Koo was so cool.
I used to listen to a lot of Deep Purple, Queen and other cool classic rock bands when i was younger. I think I should revert into my old ways.

My Tabs on UG
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #16311 (permalink)
SteveMCsteve

that was so cool.
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #16312 (permalink)
Sixxpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuenDO View Post
@Sixxpm: Wow you are 51. I didnt expect that after having watched the video. When I'm 51 I would love to do such kickass music as yours! The solo in Rock 'N' Roll Hoochie Koo was so cool.
I used to listen to a lot of Deep Purple, Queen and other cool classic rock bands when i was younger. I think I should revert into my old ways.
Thanx man it is so much appreciate man ...Pulling your guts live at my age is kind of tough...but hearing comments by future guitar heroes makes it all worth !!!

Have a few more

Old August 26th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #16313 (permalink)
Dunununuuu-NUNUNU
Li3k omgz0r?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxpm View Post
Thanx Mattias...very nice of you ...and that is why I love you guys, you listen to a lot of stuff ,and seem to respect what brought guitar based music to were it is right now...You can listen to a 51 years old like me and be knowledgable at what he does!!!
Thanx
Sixxpm
No problem.

My name is not Mattias though, he's just one of my favorite artists.

My name is Emil.

Mattias "IA" Eklundh

Old August 26th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #16314 (permalink)
Sixxpm

Quote:
No problem.

My name is Emil.
Oops sorry Emil ...apologies for my lack of knowledge...so Mattias is part of which band??...that must be the guy in your sig if I understand correctly...always loved that pic BTW!!
Old August 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #16315 (permalink)
GuitariSteve

It sucks. (Not your videos ) My internet connection fails and it's SLOOoow (like Alexi says in "Passage to the Reaper" ) so it takes me hours to watch one complete video. And I don't have Flashplayer nor Java at my dad's because I run an Ubuntu live CD because I have no rights with Windows Vista and I can't do anything because of that parental control. Even youtube.

Only thing to do now: practicing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowchildCOBHC View Post
well ive got my ESP sawtooth,been playing it daily for the past few months and have only changed the strigns once,the day i got the guitar the fretboard was awesome and glossy and very shiny but now it has the marks of where your finger has been in between the strings,ive tried some dunlop 65 cleaner and left it for some time but it doesnt remove the marks nor get the shine back ive searchedforums on how to restore and maintain an ebony fretboard,...dont get me wrong i always keep my guitar inside its case with dehumidifyers and use DR string...something after i play the guitar to protect the strings so the rust doesnt affect the wood,like ive said ive searched alot of forums and they all talk about lemon oil from this and there and OOOO or OOO steel wool polishing this that im just wondering how it would affect my guitar,it has cost me a bomb and i would never just do those sorta things after hearing that some solvents can make your frets become loosen and your bindings come off,cost doesnt matter of the types of cleaning products so jsut shoot it out

All Im Asking Is What Would Be The Best Care Methods to carry out for an ebony fretboard with raletively large inlays,so id just need the types of stuff used and ways of doing the applicationThanks Alot
How I clean my fretboard

:: Instructions :
  1. Download all files from rar.001 to rar.xxx
  2. Join all files by using HJ-Split. All files must be in the same folder or on your desktop.
  3. Use Winrar to decompress the archive.
  4. Enjoy.

Last edited by GuitariSteve : August 26th, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old August 26th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #16316 (permalink)
JonWormwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddreams View Post
Did you win the 87 model one off ebay? If so, you beat me by like $1 lol.

Well whoever it was I was kinda glad I got outbidded because the price was pretty damn high.
Nope, I got it from the sneap forums.
Old August 26th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #16317 (permalink)
Sixxpm

Quote:
No problem.

My name is Emil.
Hey Emil , just discover Mattias by listening to Freak Kitchen - Nobody's Laughing
Great music , and boy awesome solo ...man this is totally unique ...wow rare instance these days!!never heard something like this
Hé Hé Hé I'm almost glad I srew up your name so I could listen to one of your top dude!!!
Sixxpm
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #16318 (permalink)
the phenom

@Sixxpm's videos: Damn man! You are one awesome dude! I wish i could play like that. Your tone is great also. Good work!

I ordered a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Black Cherry today. Yay for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanina
america, land of waffles and pron
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #16319 (permalink)
SomeoneWild
Fiesta's Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phenom View Post
@Sixxpm's videos: Damn man! You are one awesome dude! I wish i could play like that. Your tone is great also. Good work!

Well, hope you'll be satisfied. I used to own an ESP horizon with black cherry finish, one of my all time favorite finishes.
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:02 PM   #16320 (permalink)
Sixxpm

Quote:

Hey phenom , thanx for your kind words , I'm telling you everytime I post here I feel younger at hearth ...you guys are the best... I'm boost up for my next event!!
Take care man!!
Thanx again...Oh and RAISE HELL with your upcoming Schecter C-1
Sixxpm
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #16321 (permalink)
OvSeth

Hey, next time you play, maybe I'll go check you guys out!!
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #16322 (permalink)
Sixxpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvSeth View Post
Hey, next time you play, maybe I'll go check you guys out!!
Not sure you were talking about me but if you did Hell yeah I'd like that!!
BTW ,Any good underground Metal band a la Bodom in Montreal ?...I would take a look these for sure!!!!!
Sixxpm
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #16323 (permalink)
children of COB
Deadnight Drinker

Hey people dunno if there'll be any Destruction fan around, but I was listeining to their new album promo (shit, promos with shitty anouncements drive me crazy, but can't find the normal album so lulz ) and seems like the dude finally learnt the meaning of the word ''solo'' and he's not only running along the fretboard. Anyone who heard it or know a bit about Destruction or should I erase this?

@Sixxpm: Good vids man, I wish I can play like that when I'm 51 and I don't become a sucky ass lazy man that once played guitar when he was young. That was some really nice and clean playing and cool tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Breather View Post
i'd be down for another forum jam!
My guitar should arrive in 2-5 business days, I am amped.
Nice to know man, congrats about it and good luck with it! Can't wait to hear something from you again dude.

Quote:
Finally? Congrats dude! I hope you really enjoy it. What make you finally choose the C-1 over the V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi
When they ask "So what is the story behind the Lake Bodom?" you go "Aaah peeerkele!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredtastical about Children Of Bodom View Post
i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabs View Post
When attempting to express a point in an elaborate manner it should be flowing and quick to read, now excuse me while I go clean my monocle and buy a tophat.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #16324 (permalink)
Sixxpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by children of COB View Post
Hey people dunno if there'll be any Destruction fan around, but I was listeining to their new album promo (shit, promos with shitty anouncements drive me crazy, but can't find the normal album so lulz ) and seems like the dude finally learnt the meaning of the word ''solo'' and he's not only running along the fretboard. Anyone who heard it or know a bit about Destruction or should I erase this?

@Sixxpm: Good vids man, I wish I can play like that when I'm 51 and I don't become a sucky ass lazy man that once played guitar when he was young. That was some really nice and clean playing and cool tone.

Nice to know man, congrats about it and good luck with it! Can't wait to hear something from you again dude.

Finally? Congrats dude! I hope you really enjoy it. What make you finally choose the C-1 over the V?
Thanx Children of COB , I'm sure your going to shred big time at my age ...thanx for the nice comments!!!!!!
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #16325 (permalink)
Sixxpm

OK guys that was great sharing my performances with you ...you people have open minds and that will serve you the rest of your life...And if I don't see no more in this world I'll see you in the next world , and to be late (Hendrix)

Leave you with this

See ya
Sixxpm