Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #101 (permalink)
iPot
fUCkTarD

Homophobic spotted x--DD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #102 (permalink)
TheKid
OFR

As much as I hate Cliff sometimes, he can back up everything he says.

Butthurt idiots are butthurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Do you neglect correct math in the same way?

"2+2 isn't 4 dude"
"C'MON MAN THIS ISN'T SCHOOL AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK"
Silly Muffin, 2+2 is 4.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #103 (permalink)
AURORA4DTH

Cliff, Welcome back!!!

Glad to see you are still on your extended "lifelong" vacation.

Mamma must have put you to bed early last night. Thats Ok.
Yes I assume you are a fat, pale geek, who never leaves the basement. you have 10k posts on here and more than likely 10k on every other forum out there. You are a kid that sits at home and since you cannot do or accomplish anything in your life you like to go on the internet and critique or try and cause trouble for others. Very commin in kids like yourself. When and if you get some meaning in your life it will all stop.
Again great to see you back.

Snowy, that is Ok, i will take that critique of the vocals being annoying. I have no problem with real criticism.

S do you have a link for your band? I love checking out new stuff.
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #104 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

Listened to the previews on YT. Pretty good, though not really the style of music I usually listen to. Best of luck, though. Might forward this to a few friends of mine who may be more into that kind of stuff.

Cliff is a regular troll. Good job using that to keep the thread on the top of the forum, though.

Feel free to check out my Youtube stuff if you like, it's nothing special though, and I was only in a band for a short period of time. Music is a hobby not a career option for me, since both of my parents are professional classical musicians, and it's way more effort than I'm willing to put in.

Last edited by Crzy_Aus : June 29th, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #105 (permalink)
AURORA4DTH

CRZY
Thanx alot man. I appreciate the gesture. Forwarding it to people who may enjoy is great. That is why i make these posts.
Thanx again.
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #106 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

No problem. A friend of mine has been trying to create and sustain an underground band for a while, so I know how it feels to want to get the word out.
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #107 (permalink)
CliffBurton

>Calls me a fat pathetic basement dweller
>thanks crzy_aus for his input and comments

someone is not aware of his band's demographic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikk View Post
Listen to Cliff Burton!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAbusedOne View Post
seems like i'm 2 stupid
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #108 (permalink)
CliffBurton

Quote:
Originally Posted by charli View Post

That explains everything
Nice Signature

Quote:
Dear Diary,
Current Mood: Butthurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikk View Post
Listen to Cliff Burton!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAbusedOne View Post
seems like i'm 2 stupid
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #109 (permalink)
s

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURORA4DTH View Post
you like to go on the internet and critique or try and cause trouble for others. Very common in kids like yourself. When and if you get some meaning in your life it will all stop.
Unfortunately ......

Another tip: go to the UM search page

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/search.php

and run a search for words like 'promote' in 'titles only' to find 'Promote your band here' type threads.

s

Last edited by s : June 29th, 2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #110 (permalink)
Muffin
Dawn

This thread is slowly devolving into something like this image:

imokaywiththis.png
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #111 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

^Hardly. OP's getting the thread views he wants, and Cliff is on a troll spree. Looks like a win-win to me.
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #112 (permalink)
s

Aurora Boreal

If only I could find the English version.

s
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #113 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

Quote:
Cliff, you think you're the shit cuz you trash every fucking post? of course you're jealous, you're a fucking chef wannabe. what's gayer than that... oh and did you bang that ugly fuck paty before or after me?
Heres the real kid in this thread, aurora anal.

EPIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined View Post
And onto the ignore list you go.
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #114 (permalink)
snowy
The Empire Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy_Aus View Post
^Hardly. OP's getting the thread views he wants, and Cliff is on a troll spree. Looks like a win-win to me.
wat? How many of you have listened to his music? It's not always like * the more people view the shit the more people know the shit*. I'm not starting to talk to my friends or people from university about this thread or his music so his fame didnt grow that much.

EPIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefined View Post
And onto the ignore list you go.
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #115 (permalink)
AURORA4DTH

Wow, go to work for a few hours and BAM!!! Thread goes crazy.

You guys must really enjoy my conversation and the topic, otherwsie you would just let the thread die, for that I thank you. Especially Cliff.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #116 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

Quote:
wat? How many of you have listened to his music? It's not always like * the more people view the shit the more people know the shit*. I'm not starting to talk to my friends or people from university about this thread or his music so his fame didnt grow that much.
I know it isn't. But OP said he wants to keep the thread going so he's getting what he wants, hence win-win.

I listened to the stuff and some of it was pretty good, so w/e. Seriously though, this shit happens every time someone starts a new thread; the same stupid trollfest is only amusing that many times in a row *shrug*. I do also wonder though where people get the idea that COBOT is the best place to advertise their stuff. I mean seriously.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #117 (permalink)
AURORA4DTH

I actually post in a few forums with my music. Some are more embracing that others.

But you mentioned you wonder why someone posts here.
Let me address that.

COB is a rather large metal band. They are not quite mainstream but not quite underground. As I look at how many people visit the forum it is in the thousdands. So maybe 100 new people see the link and click on it, that is almost just as good as some news post in some little online web zine.
Most people that click the link wont even take the time to make a post, they will either like the music or not. That is good enough for me.

As i look at the top of the forum page, i actually see an ad for Pantene shampoo, The question is why are they advertising here? If pantene wants to advertise here surely another metal band can right?

Also I get to meet some decent people as well. I already have a few private messages from a couple people who have shared their bands with me. I like hearing new stuff. The trolls are not very bothersome, it is fun to get them going. I understand they are just bored kids, so the insults are nothing to even think twice about.

Last edited by AURORA4DTH : June 29th, 2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:25 AM   #118 (permalink)
<Arcane>

I did a little research about who earn on record sales. According to german federal association for music industrie, this is what everybody earn:

20% recording/promotion
19% trade
17% artist
16% sales tax
11% manufacturing/marketing
11% tax record label
6% overheads record label

So if you buy RRF on amazon for 17,99€ COB will get 2,88€ for each copy.
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:30 AM   #119 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

You're all idiots, go to bed.

Youtube
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #120 (permalink)
AURORA4DTH

Arcane, How can that number be accurate when every band signs a unique deal.

Next as i have been saying all along, remember the band owes the label tons of cash, they must pay back any advance they got on recording and a COB record costs like 50k to make, now factor in the loan the label gives them for touring, merch prints etc. the labels just dont front the costs with no pay back.

If a band does earn the number you posted (Which is highly unlikely) they wont even begin to get that until costs are paid back, (Studio, Pressing, and Advertisements)
Do you guys not understand that? A Label does not mean free money, they are just a bank giving a loan.
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:07 AM   #121 (permalink)
<Arcane>

Even if it's 12,13,14% it is much more than what you've said. Then you missed the fact that besides the money artists get for cd copies they also get money for license-deals which is 50% in common.
"...COB record costs like 50k to make" < are you implying that the more famous a band is, the higher the record costs are?

And I think you haven't noticed yet that I was only talking about - all the time - what a band earns. How much they have to pay back is another thing.
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #122 (permalink)
AURORA4DTH

A Band cannot "EARN" until they pay back what is owed.
A Licensing deal is also done through the label NOT through the band if they are on a label, so NO 50/50 is not true.

Yes the more famous a band is the more the cd usually costs to make. The label is usually willing to give them more to record since they know they will make it back. Good bands tend to spend a while in the studio making a good product which usually equals more money.

Do you think Metallica's label had an issue giving them $1 million to make their cd.
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #123 (permalink)
<Arcane>

This makes no sense. It's not true that the more money a label pays for band to record something, the better the production will be. Why should Mercury (Universal) give Metallica 1 million to make a cd but COB "only" 50k for 1 album when the production of Bodoms new album is much better than the production of Death Magnetic?

Also, the lawsuit boils down to a distinction between selling "copies" of physical products such as CDs or vinyl recordings versus selling a "license" to reproduce the digital song data. Record labels actually ship physical product (principally CDs) to record stores; but in the case of iTunes it gets a license to replicate and distribute digital files. When the record labels sell "copies" of music, the artist typically receives a 10-15% royalty, but when the labels "license" the music to another entity, artists typically receives a 50% royalty.
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:32 AM   #124 (permalink)
AURORA4DTH

I didnt say the album will sound better, I said the label is more willing to give them more money. Most good bands make a good product. In the situation of a metallica, i dont know what went wrong there but,
If you ask metallica, I am sure they think their albums sounds superb.
Some will complain about a COB production as well. It is all subjective. The point is a label will give more money to a band that sells, hence there is more to pay back. and again A BAND CANNOT EARN UNTIL THEY PAY WHAT IS OWED. No one ever seems to address that.

When a Band signes to a label they usually give the rights away of their music for a set period of time and at some point it will come back to the band. You are wrong when you say a band gets 50% royalty off the download. Especially if they are signed to a label. Have you signed a digital license deal through a label? I sure have and it did not work like that for either group from either label I was on. I sure know a ton of bands that would love to get that magic 50% you speak of.

Last edited by AURORA4DTH : June 30th, 2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #125 (permalink)
Crzy_Aus
Crazy Violin Guy

Quote:
A Band cannot "EARN" until they pay back what is owed.
Guys, guys, make your lives easier and make a distinction between "net" and "gross". The two of you are talking about completely different things.

Quote:
Also I get to meet some decent people as well. I already have a few private messages from a couple people who have shared their bands with me. I like hearing new stuff. The trolls are not very bothersome, it is fun to get them going. I understand they are just bored kids, so the insults are nothing to even think twice about.
If you say so, I guess. I didn't realize anyone other than the some-20 regulars actually reads COBOT.