Children Of Bodom  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Children Of Bodom > CoB Off-topic
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #101 (permalink)
Leandro
¬¬
 
Leandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 13,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodomholic View Post
Is Germany on Balkan Peninsula? You could've chosen another country if you wanted to turn out smart. This way it has no sense at all.
Is Finland in Scandinavia? Thanks for proving my point.
__________________
Leandro is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #102 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseyCOBHC View Post
*makes no sense at all
I'll keep that in mind.
Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #103 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodomholic View Post
The Scandinavian Peninsula is a peninsula in Northern Europe, which today covers Norway, Sweden, and most of northern Finland. The name of the peninsula is derived from the term Scandinavia, the cultural region of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.

So geographically kinda is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseyCOBHC View Post
clearly im not if i can read you being butthurt about being wrong about what countries are included in scandinavia, and can respond to them.

yeah yeah, the water touches northern finland. i fucking read that. that doesnt prove that its part of the scandinavian peninsula.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro View Post
Is Finland in Scandinavia? Thanks for proving my point.
I was talking about fucking peninsula. So, yes Finland is not a historical cultural-linguistic part of Scandinavia, but it is geographically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennoscandia

Or we should wait for some Finn to explain the situation?
Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #104 (permalink)
hauta
Tengo mucho sueño -_-
 
hauta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BG/FI/ES
Posts: 342
To waste his time, explaining the situation? Nope..
hauta is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #105 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
I believe in iPot, Necroraven and J_H_C.
Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #106 (permalink)
Leandro
¬¬
 
Leandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 13,016
Jesus Christ you're retarded.
__________________
Leandro is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #107 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro View Post
Jesus Christ you're retarded.
No, you are.

The question "is Finland a part of Scandinavia?" requires more than just "yes" or "no" kinda answers.
Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #108 (permalink)
Leandro
¬¬
 
Leandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 13,016
Yeah yeah, talk to batman

__________________
Leandro is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #109 (permalink)
hauta
Tengo mucho sueño -_-
 
hauta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BG/FI/ES
Posts: 342
Finland is a Nordic country, NOT a part of Scandinavia. Just take a look at all those Scandinavian countries and Finland- there is absolutely nothing in common! Ask your geography teacher and see.
hauta is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #110 (permalink)
PoseyCOBHC
Member
 
PoseyCOBHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 39
"Fennoscandia and Fenno-Scandinavia are geographic and geological terms used to describe the Scandinavian Peninsula, the Kola Peninsula, Karelia and Finland."

Meaning it includes:
Scandinavian peninsula
AND
finland.

If finland were a part of the scandinavian peninsula, it would have said only the scandinavian peninsula. But since finland is not included, it says scandinaviand peninsula AND finland. You're wrong. Now shut the fuck up, suck it up, and move on, because you're acting like a fucking 3 year old who didn't get what she wanted.
PoseyCOBHC is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #111 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro View Post
Yeah yeah, talk to batman





Quote:
Originally Posted by hauta View Post
Finland is a Nordic country, NOT a part of Scandinavia. Just take a look at all those Scandinavian countries and Finland- there is absolutely nothing in common! Ask your geography teacher and see.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennoscandia

Read again and look at the picture.
Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #112 (permalink)
hauta
Tengo mucho sueño -_-
 
hauta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BG/FI/ES
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro View Post
Yeah yeah, talk to batman

+1
hauta is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #113 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseyCOBHC View Post
"Fennoscandia and Fenno-Scandinavia are geographic and geological terms used to describe the Scandinavian Peninsula, the Kola Peninsula, Karelia and Finland."

Meaning it includes:
Scandinavian peninsula
AND
finland.

If finland were a part of the scandinavian peninsula, it would have said only the scandinavian peninsula. But since finland is not included, it says scandinaviand peninsula AND finland. You're wrong. Now shut the fuck up, suck it up, and move on, because you're acting like a fucking 3 year old who didn't get what she wanted.



Scandinavia + Fennoscandia + Kola Peninsula = Scandinavian peninsula


Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #114 (permalink)
PoseyCOBHC
Member
 
PoseyCOBHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 39
Holy shit, bodomholic! How many times do you need this explained to you?
Finland is not part of scandinavia!
It may be next to it, but that doesn't mean its part of it. Huge difference.

Let's put it this way: the computer that you're on right now is in front of you. Is it a PART of you, though? No. So is finland part of scandinavia because its NEXT to it? That is also a no.

Keep trying, you're getting nowhere.
PoseyCOBHC is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #115 (permalink)
hauta
Tengo mucho sueño -_-
 
hauta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BG/FI/ES
Posts: 342
In every single place you look at you find different info My geo students book, the link above, other web pages... Big deal, let's open a geo thread and fight over there! However.. In fact, why do you want it to be a part of Scabdinavia so much?
hauta is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #116 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseyCOBHC View Post
Let's put it this way: the computer that you're on right now is in front of you. Is it a PART of you, though? No. So is finland part of scandinavia because its NEXT to it? That is also a no.

Keep trying, you're getting nowhere.

I hate when people are giving a shitty examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauta View Post
In fact, why do you want it to be a part of Scabdinavia so much?
It's not that I want to, it's about what's a fact.

As much as I see it, Finland is not a part of Scandinavia, but it is a part of Scandinavian peninsula.
Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #117 (permalink)
PoseyCOBHC
Member
 
PoseyCOBHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 39
Just shut up already. No means no. And grabbing useless contradicting information isn't doing anything.

And my example was fine, it made sense and proved a point. The computer in front of you isn't a part of you just like finland isn't a part of the scandinavian peninsula only because its next to it. I didn't say you had to think it was good, I only said it to prove a point you were missing because you're fucking retarded.
PoseyCOBHC is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #118 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseyCOBHC View Post
Just shut up already. No means no. And grabbing useless contradicting information isn't doing anything.

And my example was fine, it made sense and proved a point. The computer in front of you isn't a part of you just like finland isn't a part of the scandinavian peninsula only because its next to it. I didn't say you had to think it was good, I only said it to prove a point you were missing because you're fucking retarded.

Just because you say "no" it doesn't mean it's "no" in general.

And I won't shut up until some Finn explains this.
Because neither you or me live there, so we can't know more then people who live there.
Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #119 (permalink)
PoseyCOBHC
Member
 
PoseyCOBHC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 39
I wasn't the only one who said no. Three other people told you the same fucking thing. What are you gonna do, keep whining until finland and the scandinavian peninsula combine?

And just because I'm not from there doesn't mean I can't look at a fucking MAP, or GOOGLE IT. Same for everyone else.
PoseyCOBHC is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #120 (permalink)
s
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodomholic View Post
Let's ask some Finnish dudes is that correct.
There is no need, you are wrong, it is like saying Serbia is Europe when it's clearly Europe's arsehole.

Edit: I guess I was being harsh, Kosovo is more like Europe's arsehole for stealing land from Serbia.

Serbia is more like a pimple on Europe's arse.

s

Last edited by s : February 17th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
s is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #121 (permalink)
Bodomholic
Senior Member
 
Bodomholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by s View Post
There is no need, you are wrong, it is like saying Serbia is Europe when it's clearly Europe's arsehole.

s
Again, a shitty example.
Bodomholic is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #122 (permalink)
hauta
Tengo mucho sueño -_-
 
hauta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BG/FI/ES
Posts: 342
Ask your geography teacher! It is not a Scandinavian country! I already asked mine and she said that it's not, I asked a girl, studying tourism at the university of Sofia and she said that it's not, a lot of the members of the forum say that it's not.. What else do you want us to show you just to prove that in this case you're wrong? I'm not shouting, I'm not trying to offend you, but do you actually believe in every single shit you see in Wikipedia? Better stop reading it that often- I already found some things, that are totally wrong there. In fact, even you can write something there without knowing if it's true or not.
hauta is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #123 (permalink)
evobyte
Metal ist krieg
 
evobyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauta View Post
Ask your geography teacher! It is not a Scandinavian country! I already asked mine and she said that it's not, I asked a girl, studying tourism at the university of Sofia and she said that it's not, a lot of the members of the forum say that it's not.. What else do you want us to show you just to prove that in this case you're wrong? I'm not shouting, I'm not trying to offend you, but do you actually believe in every single shit you see in Wikipedia? Better stop reading it that often- I already found some things, that are totally wrong there. In fact, even you can write something there without knowing if it's true or not.
Hi everyone. Read this, it's from the wiki article on Scandinavia. "While the term Scandinavia is commonly used for Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, the term the Nordic countries is used unambiguously for Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, including their associated territories (Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and the Åland Islands).[20] Scandinavia can thus be considered a subset of the Nordic countries."
__________________
evobyte is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #124 (permalink)
Leandro
¬¬
 
Leandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 13,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by s View Post
There is no need, you are wrong, it is like saying Serbia is Europe when it's clearly Europe's arsehole.

Edit: I guess I was being harsh, Kosovo is more like Europe's arsehole for stealing land from Serbia.

Serbia is more like a pimple on Europe's arse.

s
!
__________________
Leandro is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #125 (permalink)
Necroraven
Senior Member
 
Necroraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by evobyte View Post
"While the term Scandinavia is commonly used for Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, the term the Nordic countries is used unambiguously for Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, including their associated territories (Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and the Åland Islands).[20] Scandinavia can thus be considered a subset of the Nordic countries."
This is correct.
Necroraven is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0
© Copyright 2000-2014 UltimateMetal.com | MetalAges Media