Dan Swanö  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Dan Swanö
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Eyesore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Swanö View Post
To me, my songwriting was losing its quality a long time ago (and therefore not being a very fun activity)

If you ask me, I have only written a few good songs since the mid 90's when I was at my peak. But back then I released an album a week, so it's no wonder that the "well ran dry"
I think most of us here would view this as an absurd observation. Because it is! Haha.

Shock Totem | The Eyesore Times | Getcha Rocks Off

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 16th, 2011, 03:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Deadlift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Swanö View Post
Long message from Dan.
Sounds good!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Blaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Swanö
I teamed up with my ex-music-shop colleague Ragnar Widerberg and we decided to start writing some old Judas Priest meets Crimson-style E.O.S./Moontower kind of music.
and after every other good name was already taken, we settled on Witherscape, for the name for of my return to songwriting, and also to drumming, and maybe most surprisingly, Growling!!
Yep!! You read it right...and it sounds better than ever!!

But I am only able to sing like 8 lines of lyrics before I completely mess up my throat, and the worst is the headaches and the feeling of being run over by a bulldozer from hell!
So, I won't be doing all the "evil" vocals. I have 3 other guys that will split the burden with me, and also bring some variety to the growled sections.
But there will be at least one section of growls from me, per song.
But I will do all the normal singing. Which ranges from mellow, old Nightingale "deep voice" to the more angry Dio flavored voice featured on Star One II.

We had a Witherscape session this very day, and we completed the guitars and bass for yet another song from the pre-production.
2 more to go, and then we'll start all over again, with more attention to detail. It's a tough job, since we are recording without a click track
(we both think most good songs were recorded without it... Let the song live!!) but once we nail the takes, it feels really alive and breathing!
Wonderful! When do you think this'll be released? Looking forward to listening to it... I have always thought Edge of Sanity (and Pan.Thy.Monium as well) riffs were influenced by classic metal or even hard rock... then the idea of mixing heavy metal and death metal in such an explicit way makes me very excited.
I hope I'll be able to listen to this within next spring...
Old September 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Wander
10+2=6

Hah, I come here to check if Dan's been up to anything lately and find this. Cool to hear he's getting back to business with new releases
Old September 18th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Mr. Niel

New old Unicorn?!?!?!?!?!?!

*swoons*
Old September 21st, 2011, 02:58 AM   #31 (permalink)
cenzu
Ain't that a bitch.

Hope to get news on releasedates reeeeeeal soon.
It's been a while since new music left camp Swanö.

www.owtkri.org
www.alrealonmusique.com
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Solazy

Fantastic news, just take my money now.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
rrjii2000

Wow, Great News

Listen to my New Double CD Here
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Abhorsen
Long Distance Voyager

witherscape sounds fantastic!
Old October 26th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
Evil_Ed
DisMember

Yeah, really curious on the Witherscape album.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
enigma73

News?

Any news on the Witherscape-project? Any teasers?
Old January 27th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Whatever happened to Obliterhate? That seemed to vanish into Oblivion. Who knows if this new project will ever be released. If I was Mr Swano I would be releasing albums like a mad scientist. There is too much to write about, and plenty of inspiration. There is an underground cult following, and once you have that you have a strong fanbase like Bathory.

musician can always finds sources of inspiration, and the there should never be the bottom of the barrell or a dry well of thoughts and ideas. If this is the case you might as well just quit trying and change your profession.
Old January 28th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #38 (permalink)
Skaldir
formerly known as Unicorn

I think Dan could release "something" all the time, but he really wants it to have a very high quality, which I esteem in the days of an already very flooded music market.
Abscession

my studio:
Kalthallen

--> Kalthallen Cabs - New MesOs 4x12 IR library out! <--
Old January 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Gladsheim

"musician can always finds sources of inspiration, and the there should never be the bottom of the barrell or a dry well of thoughts and ideas. If this is the case you might as well just quit trying and change your profession".

Uhhhh…huh? Sometimes the well of creativity can *temporarily* run dry, whether you're Mr. Swanö or not. It's only human to run out of inspiration from time to time. Running out of inspiration and, as a consequence, taking a break can be the best form of finding inspiration there is. I would think it impossible to constantly release albums, and constantly write music--you'd either go crazy, or release mediocre stuff. Anyone with a creative bent needs to experience times of boredom, reflection, and angst if they're to truly stay creative. I fully agree with Skaldir's statement above. Like good old Boltthrower, don't release something unless you're 99% sure of it's quality. Otherwise, why release it?
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #40 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

What's taking so damn long? I've been waiting for Obliterhate for years and they didn't even tell us what the hell is happening with that???
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:22 AM   #41 (permalink)
Tumn
baptized in blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteredmindeath View Post
What's taking so damn long? I've been waiting for Obliterhate for years and they didn't even tell us what the hell is happening with that???
Was just wondering what happened with that too.

Dan: "EVERYBODY DOIN ALRIGHT?!?!"
Dan: "Give me one more shot!"
Dan: "EVERYBODY DOIN .......... ALRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?!?"
Dan: "Thank you, thank you"
Mike: "Thank you very much Dan."

LIKE SWANÖ - DOWNLOAD
Tumnbath
Hellfuck lyrics project
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
the_fiend
Dan Swano Fanboy

Same here.... I've been lurking around here looking for some awesome new swano stuff but haven't heard from him in ages...
Old February 6th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #43 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

I'm starting to loose interest. I've waiting around here with all these false promises, people are starting to get pissed off. Wake up Mr Swano, you do have a fanbase believe it or not. Do you care to even acknowledge that?! I don't know if you are, but if you care people are starting to get irritated.
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #44 (permalink)
karpsmom
Focus!

I can wait as long as Dan needs to release the things he's promised. He's been doing this for a LONG time, he knows what he's doing. He easily could have never told us anything about what is coming.

Old February 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #45 (permalink)
loathsome

Quote:
I'm starting to loose interest. I've waiting around here with all these false promises, people are starting to get pissed off. Wake up Mr Swano, you do have a fanbase believe it or not. Do you care to even acknowledge that?! I don't know if you are, but if you care people are starting to get irritated.
Speak for yourself.
I totally support Dan's or Bolt Thrower attitude towards their own future releases.If they don't feel satisfied enough with their new material, they shouldn't release it until they feel it's right and not the fans.Releasing an album that an artist isn't fully content with, now that's total disrespectful for his fanbase, not what you mention here.I'll rather hear another great Swano release ten years from now than a mediocre or only good album released next month.
As for Obliterhate i don't think Dan is to blame for the delay since his part for that release was done a long time ago ->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=90648
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #46 (permalink)
Eyesore

Quote:
Well, those people can piss right the fuck off! Dan doesn't owe them anything. He will release something when he's ready.

No artist owes "fans" anything, unless they've paid for it. And to be quite honest, if as many people who claim to be Swano fans actually paid for his music, he'd probably be quite wealthy.

Either way, real fans don't get irritated. Assholes do.

Shock Totem | The Eyesore Times | Getcha Rocks Off

Old February 16th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #47 (permalink)
Gladsheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesore View Post
Well, those people can piss right the fuck off! Dan doesn't owe them anything. He will release something when he's ready.

No artist owes "fans" anything, unless they've paid for it. And to be quite honest, if as many people who claim to be Swano fans actually paid for his music, he'd probably be quite wealthy.

Either way, real fans don't get irritated. Assholes do.
100% Agreed!
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #48 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Guess I'm not allowed to be a Swano fan anymore cause I'm an asshole. You happy with that dickhead?
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #49 (permalink)
Zowan

Nice to see some bromance between the Swano fans...
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #50 (permalink)
theoden236
Soul Wandering

as they say in Star Wars: "PATIENCE!" Great art takes time, which varies from person-to-person.

my one-man extreme metal project

Bandcamp
Facebook
Myspace
Metal-Archives
CDBaby
Amazon
ITunes