Daylight Dies  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Daylight Dies
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
replicated
Threadkiller

I'll be the first to say that a DD song made me...

cry. It happened once to me. Shit was going bad and I was bottling it up. sat in my car to contemplate, and started playing Unending Waves from Idle. I started weeping. That was powerful. The imagery used in the lyrics is heart wrenching and seem to be able to relate to anyone who has lost something as a result of their own actions. It is one of the saddest songs I have ever heard. Regret hurts. But in true DD fashion, you feel there is a sense of hope somewhere.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
noctambulant

I've cried listening to no reply so many times,that I can no longer give it a spin without doing so
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Long Way Home

Sometimes listening to DD puts me in a serene mood. This seems especially true if I'm already upset, so perhaps its hearing the music itself and realizing the "peace in solitude" while driving alone in my car (its a 75 min drive to work) is what actually makes me feel more at peace.

Songs that strike an emotional chord would have to be solitary refinement, and a slow surrender, cathedral (especially the last minute of the song) and portrait in white.
Of all the great bands I've seen live (Megadeth, U2, Pink Floyd, Better Than Ezra, Dream Theater, Kansas, Rob Zombie, Shinedown, Rush, Crack the Sky, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra-TSO)ironically TSO was the best sounding LIVE, far better than on CD.