Dragonlord  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Dragonlord
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Return of the Dragon!

Finally! Dragonlord is back!

San Francisco Bay Area black thrashers DRAGONLORD, led by TESTAMENT’s Eric Peterson, just inked a new record deal with Spinefarm/Universal Records and plan to enter the recording studio very soon to start work on a third album. A release date is set for this fall.

Peterson states, "This time around we've created some pretty mature-sounding symphonic blackened thrash. It will have more of a melodic touch to it and memorable song structures. It's still gonna be heavy as hell, but it's gonna be a well-rounded record. New songs 'Kings Frost', 'The Devil's Insight' and 'Battle At Mordor' will surely raise the hairs on your back!"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
theoden236
Soul Wandering

wow, wasn't expecting that. i read somewhere that a new dragonlord record didn't seem likely, 'cause of something about budget issues and popularity and shit. eh, whatever, i'm fuckin' looking forward to this one, though "black wings" is gonna be pretty hard to top.

my one-man extreme metal project

Bandcamp
Facebook
Myspace
Metal-Archives
CDBaby
Amazon
ITunes

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 9th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Don't buy the rumors Oden236, Dragonlord is back!

Plus..

Jon Allen, drummer (SADUS, DRAGONLORD, FUTURES END, AC/DZ, ex-TESTAMENT) is recovering from the removal of what is reported to be a very large, life-threatening blood clot in his right leg. Back to back, state-of-the-art ultrasonic clot-busting treatment was performed on March 7 and March 8 in an effort to clear a complete blockage. Allen is slated to record the long-anticipated new DragonLord CD this spring in his native northern California. Immediately following he is also slated to record Futures End sophomore follow up to the critically acclaimed Memoirs Of A Broken Man. Additionally, he has new solo-project material in development for late 2012/early 2013. The vascular surgeon reports the procedures were a complete success and Allen is expected to make a full-recovery and should be back to full-performance within a few weeks.
Old March 9th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
xenophobe

I wish they would go a bit more technical and a bit less thrashy. Good news in any event though.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
AllShallFall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteredmindeath View Post
Finally! Dragonlord is back!

San Francisco Bay Area black thrashers DRAGONLORD, led by TESTAMENT’s Eric Peterson, just inked a new record deal with Spinefarm/Universal Records and plan to enter the recording studio very soon to start work on a third album. A release date is set for this fall.

Peterson states, "This time around we've created some pretty mature-sounding symphonic blackened thrash. It will have more of a melodic touch to it and memorable song structures. It's still gonna be heavy as hell, but it's gonna be a well-rounded record. New songs 'Kings Frost', 'The Devil's Insight' and 'Battle At Mordor' will surely raise the hairs on your back!"

Old July 24th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES brilliant news!!!

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
kayleigh copeland
The cycle of the wash..:p

Location: Im transending outta space....to find another race! :)
Brilliant news
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Defiance
I vårens ljusa kvällar

Any news on the current state of the album?

My pics

"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people". - Chomsky
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
kayleigh copeland
The cycle of the wash..:p

Location: Im transending outta space....to find another race! :)
Exciiiiiiiting! Any snippets?