Evergrey  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Evergrey
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 23rd, 2004, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
1Time

Special Editions

Has anyone heard either of the re-releases? I am most curious about Solitude, Dominace, Tragedy. I love that album and am very interested to know how much better the special edition sounds since it is remastered. If anyone has heard and can compare it to the original let me know. I'll probably buy it either way once I find it, but I'm just curious how it sounds.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 25th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brunnis

I'd like to know too... Didn't know the new releases were remastered (not that it wasn't needed...).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 4th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

I got mine today. I've never heard the originals, so I couldn't tell you.

All I know is Tom looks like a kid on The Dark Discovery.
Old May 4th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oakenson
Nature's Child

The sound quality on the originals compared to the remasters is the same. As far as my ears can tell there was no remastering done to the sound. The booklets are slightly different from the originals although nothing too special besides Tom's little paragraph in each booklet and some extra photos in Solitude.
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Solitude*Dominance*Tragedy
Dark Saga

Location: If I was up your ass wearing golf shoes, whileeating a taco, you'd know where I was
Well, you get a video, and Tom writes about the cd in the booklet. Thats the only dif I know of, 'cause I dont have the originals.
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oakenson
Nature's Child

Oops, I forgot to mention the videos! The Dark Discovery has the For Every Tear That Falls video and Solitude has The Masterplan as a bonus video. Both are in MPEG format.
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Solitude*Dominance*Tragedy
Dark Saga

Location: If I was up your ass wearing golf shoes, whileeating a taco, you'd know where I was
Yea, both good videos might I add
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Demonspell
cheating the polygraph

The main purpose of the reissues were to make the albums widely distributed in America, where they were only available on import until now.
"There is a concern that the Internet could be used to commit crimes and that advanced encryption could disguise such activity. However, we do not provide the government with phone jacks outside our homes for unlimited wiretaps. Why, then, should we grant government the Orwellian capability to listen at will and in real time to our communications across the Web?""
-- JOHN ASHCROFT, as a U.S. senator, from his Aug. 12, 1997 op-ed piece in the Washington Times, "Welcoming Big Brother."