Evergrey  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Evergrey
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
Boltsa

rrrrrock! One thing, which separates Evergrey from many other band is that they had made 5 excellent albums and every one is better than previous! Very often bands made one or two good albums and next is bad. But Evergrey haven't done that! So, my expectation for the next album is very high but I'm sure that they redeem my expectations!
Old August 20th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
AngraRULES

Cant fucking wait!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 20th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
dargormudshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsa
rrrrrock! One thing, which separates Evergrey from many other band is that they had made 5 excellent albums and every one is better than previous! Very often bands made one or two good albums and next is bad. But Evergrey haven't done that! So, my expectation for the next album is very high but I'm sure that they redeem my expectations!
I felt that way until TIC came out, although I liked it it didn't top RD or ISOT. One other band di do that though and the name is.... DEATH!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 5th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Black Rain

Release date for TIC was APRIL of 2004. That's a year and a half ago. I really hope a new album is being worked on and they NEED TO TOUR IN THE FUCKING USA!!!! I didn't catch them with COB. But yeah evergrey is the best band in the WORLD so the new album has to be as good as the rest! Personally I didn't enjoy the soft songs on TIC so I hope they don't do that as much. All hail EG
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
AxemanAK

I think (being a guitarist for about 10 years now) The intruduction of a 7 string would be great. They have used them before and it sounds good. Its more versital, and it opens a new realm of tunings for the band to fuck with. Evergrey is great because they have such an original sound. I think toms singing is what makes this poss. Look at Children of Bodom. The music is awesome and the guitarist is very good, but the singer is crap. I gave that band a chance but I just cant get passed how shitty the singer is. EG could tune their guitars any way they wanted as long as they keep their talent and Tom doesn't start to sing like an ass hole They will continue to my My fav band!!
Old September 11th, 2005, 11:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
Black Rain

Are there any information on this album yet? It's been so long!
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
christmaschild

Please, let them just do there work. Waiting longer is not such a bad think. Probably better for the outcome of the album.
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
CampinCarl

They own their own studio now so they don't have to 'pay' per se for studio time; they will and can take as much time as they want to make an album now. I will wait patiently!

*edit
One thing I do hope they add is a true instrumental like they talked about doing for TIC. I want a 10-minute guitar masturbation track
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
DGIRL
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinCarl
I want a 10-minute guitar masturbation track

OMG, that is fckn hilarious!!! I couldn't agree more!!!
Old September 19th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
turke

instrumental is good.
Old October 17th, 2005, 09:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
Black Rain

I wish the band could get back to us with some sort of info.
Old November 1st, 2005, 01:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Dustro25
The Land Of Glerz Cove

This will be good, I love the 7 string.
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
NastyJoan

A lot of bands says plenty of times that their next album is going to be "heavier" and then when the album goes out (almost all the time) the album ended being the Softest of all their discography

I really HOPE that the new Evergrey effort ended being their heavier album.... it doesn't matter if it's not darker, with the heavier sound it would be awesome!!!!

Pablo Neruda
Old November 2nd, 2005, 02:45 AM   #39 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

But darker.....like the older stuff would rock a helluvalot.......
Old November 5th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #40 (permalink)
Black Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyJoan
A lot of bands says plenty of times that their next album is going to be "heavier" and then when the album goes out (almost all the time) the album ended being the Softest of all their discography

I really HOPE that the new Evergrey effort ended being their heavier album.... it doesn't matter if it's not darker, with the heavier sound it would be awesome!!!!

Remember just because it 's heavy doesn't mean it's good. I'd say the majority of metal bands suck real bad. Evergrey is about being dark and heavy. If it were just heavy it wouldn't have thar EG feeling you know?
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
ProgMetalFan
In the attic

I don't care if it's heavy or not... or if they decide to use an accordian ... as long as the music is up to the usual Evergrey standards... regardless of what it sounds like.... the most important thing is that they satisfy themselves... and hopefully us fans will like it too.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 07:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
redwing605

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgMetalFan
I don't care if it's heavy or not... or if they decide to use an accordian ... as long as the music is up to the usual Evergrey standards... regardless of what it sounds like.... the most important thing is that they satisfy themselves... and hopefully us fans will like it too.
Right on. It doesn't matter how they do the album as long as its the way they want it.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 08:08 PM   #43 (permalink)
theyellowdart

I hope it's like nothing else they've ever done! Then it would be suprising and fanstastic.
Old November 24th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #44 (permalink)
Kenneth R.
Cináed

i'm sure whatever they do, it'll be mind-blowing

The greatest story leaves you before a door to the dark. felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
Old November 25th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
MetalBanger
The Encounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Song
i'm sure whatever they do, it'll be mind-blowing
Ofcourse! they will deliver something special again, i'm sure
Old December 1st, 2005, 09:26 PM   #46 (permalink)
warface69

All I know is the new album is scheduled for an April 06 release, LETS GO APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!