Evergrey  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Evergrey
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockGarden
They actually called me yesterday to verify that I only needed the concert DVD and said they were shipping it out within the next couple of days. So we should see them maybe this weekend or the beginning of next week.....hopefully.
Well, they told me whether I sent back the whole thing or just disk 1, they'd send me a whole new package either way.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 7th, 2005, 10:08 PM   #52 (permalink)
RockGarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Well, they told me whether I sent back the whole thing or just disk 1, they'd send me a whole new package either way.
That's what she initially told me, but this last time I talked to her she made it sound like she was only going to send the first disc. I guess I'll find out when it shows up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 12th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #53 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

I received my replacement DVD today! They sent me the complete set still sealed. So now I have an extra disk 2 and case. How cool of them!

They also included a black and white publicity photo of the band.

EDIT: I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Its the same version!

I even looked at the IFO files and they're 4:3.

So, I just sent an email and I will also call tomorrow.

Last edited by Snowmaker : December 12th, 2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #54 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

I called and talked to Jennifer there today. She was very nice and understanding and said they'll get me out another one, but they'll pop the disk into a computer and verify its the corrected version first.
Old December 26th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
High Speed Kurt

What's the number to call?

Old December 29th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #56 (permalink)
RockGarden

Quote:
I called and talked to Jennifer there today. She was very nice and understanding and said they'll get me out another one, but they'll pop the disk into a computer and verify its the corrected version first.
Did you receive yours yet? I'm still waiting on mine. I guess I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and see what's up.
Old December 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
RockGarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Speed Kurt
What's the number to call?
It's on their website.

Inside Out Music
Old December 29th, 2005, 11:03 PM   #58 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

Quote:
Did you receive yours yet? I'm still waiting on mine. I guess I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and see what's up.
Not yet. I figure I'll wait till after the new year in case they're on vacation.
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #59 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

I emailed the very nice Jennifer at IO today about the replacements. This was her reply:

"Well, I popped in a few of the DVDs we have here, and it looks like they're all the wrong aspect ratio. And this is the NEW shipment that we were told was correct! So, since these were manufactured by our German office, we will contact them on Monday when they get back from their holidays. Just wanted to keep you posted. Sorry again.
Thanks for your patience,"
Jennifer
Old January 7th, 2006, 06:48 AM   #60 (permalink)
RockGarden

Quote:
I emailed the very nice Jennifer at IO today about the replacements. This was her reply:

"Well, I popped in a few of the DVDs we have here, and it looks like they're all the wrong aspect ratio. And this is the NEW shipment that we were told was correct! So, since these were manufactured by our German office, we will contact them on Monday when they get back from their holidays. Just wanted to keep you posted. Sorry again.
Thanks for your patience,"
Jennifer
Yep, I pretty much got the same answer when I called her. Looks like we're back to waiting again....
Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:01 AM   #61 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

Well, I emailed Jennifer last week just to see what the word back was from their German office, but I have not received a reply yet.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:55 AM   #62 (permalink)
sknight
Are You Morbid?

That's pretty odd. As far as metalages told us, he had solid inside info saying back over the summer that new discs were being printed.

Wonderful company, this Inside Out.

Just upload the DVD to file sharing clients and be done with it.
Old January 24th, 2006, 03:21 AM   #63 (permalink)
RockGarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight
That's pretty odd. As far as metalages told us, he had solid inside info saying back over the summer that new discs were being printed.

They were....they just didn't fix the problem. I don't know if there was a miscommunication of some sort but it sounds like they just pressed some more discs without changing anything....or at least testing to see if their changes fixed the problem. It sounds like nothing was changed though.
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #64 (permalink)
MetalAges
Ultimate Metal admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight

All I can say is I simply relayed messages back and forth and that was it guys. Anything I said was simply being relayed from the label right to you guys. I'd appreciate my name not being tied to this from here on since I was only trying to do both sides a favor and get this thing resolved. the fact that it isn't... I don't know what to tell ya.

Old January 24th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #65 (permalink)
sknight
Are You Morbid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalAges
All I can say is I simply relayed messages back and forth and that was it guys. Anything I said was simply being relayed from the label right to you guys. I'd appreciate my name not being tied to this from here on since I was only trying to do both sides a favor and get this thing resolved. the fact that it isn't... I don't know what to tell ya.
Deron,
Respectfully, I understand your point of view and I met you initial relaying with much skepticism for good reason-I know how the music industry works. I was sent messages back from you that were antagonistic and now six months later or more, the DVD's are clearly not fixed, nor do I think they will be. This was despite your insistance.

Perhaps the US office is simply a slave satellite to the German one and they can only make requests and do what they can to appease the fans, but the fact remains that the fans once again have not gotten what they paid fdr and Jim is not able to (or won't) resolve it.

I will not tie you in from here on out, but I have to point out why I mentioned your name.
Old January 25th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #66 (permalink)
Neveruary
Constant Lurker

Quote:
Not if you've got the NTSC version it doesn't, unless you received a replacement disk from InsideOut.

Do you have a widescreen TV? You can adjust picture sizes.
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #67 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neveruary

Do you have a widescreen TV? You can adjust picture sizes.
No, and that's not a true fix. That will just stretch the image, degrading the picture quality.
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #68 (permalink)
Neveruary
Constant Lurker

Well, mine works fine. And my brother in-law who works in this sort of field has figured out that (at least my copy) is correct.

So was there a defective run somewhere? Cuz it seems that some of you have no idea what you're truly talking about...
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #69 (permalink)
RockGarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neveruary
Well, mine works fine. And my brother in-law who works in this sort of field has figured out that (at least my copy) is correct.

So was there a defective run somewhere? Cuz it seems that some of you have no idea what you're truly talking about...
Tell your brother-in-law to look at post #53 and see if there's anything wrong with it and then we'll decide who does or does not know what they're talking about.....

If your IFO looks like that, then it's screwed up too. If not, then you got lucky.
Old January 27th, 2006, 07:25 AM   #70 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

Quote:
If your IFO looks like that, then it's screwed up too. If not, then you got lucky.
Unless he's got the PAL version and the proper equipment to watch it on.
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:19 AM   #71 (permalink)
RockGarden

Quote:
Unless he's got the PAL version and the proper equipment to watch it on.
Agreed. I assumed he had the NTSC version because he's in Canada.
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #72 (permalink)
sknight
Are You Morbid?

Bet ya this won't get fixed. They have no reason to and it's what, closer to a year after the original manufacture?

That's why I say you should take pity on the fellow fans that don't want to deal with more record company nonsense and just upload it. That will teach them a lesson. Low quality? No problem. We just won't buy your product.
Old January 27th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #73 (permalink)
peza
Reported Type: INTP

Jesus, I would love to see this totally un-viewable product that causes so much bitching while some claims it's perfectly good. Anyway I think point is perfectly made, and the next step would be to continue the arguments on the InsideOut-board, where the responsible ppl at least will see it.
Old January 27th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #74 (permalink)
sknight
Are You Morbid?

They don't read it. There were at least a couple threads there and even some were deleted.
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #75 (permalink)
Snowmaker
GO BLUE!!

I just emailed Jennifer again. Its been about a month since I last heard from her, so hopefully she's got some news by now.