Evergrey  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Evergrey
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Anneke
Mistress

Monday Morning Apocalypse!!!!!!!!

EVERGREY: New Album Title Revealed - Jan. 24, 2006 Swedish metallers EVERGREY have set "Monday Morning Apocalypse" as the title of their sixth studio album, tentatively due late March/early April via InsideOut Music. The follow-up to 2004's "The Inner Circle" was recorded at Division One Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden by the experienced production team of Sanken Sandquist and Stefan Glaumann, who have previously worked with such artists as RAMMSTEIN, BON JOVI, BRITNEY SPEARS and DEF LEPPARD. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Monday Morning Apocalypse", "Unspeakable" and "At a Loss for Words".

As previously reported, EVERGREY have been nominated for a Swedish "Grammy" in the "Best Music DVD" category for their "A Night to Remember" set, which came out last year. Other nominees in the "Best Music DVD" category are ABBA, CORNELIS VREESWIJK, MARIT BERGMAN and TIMBUKTU.

"A Night to Remember" (preview) was filmed on October 9, 2004 in Gothenburg, Sweden with 15 high-definition cameras by video producer Patric Ullaeus (LACUNA COIL, IN FLAMES, DIMMU BORGIR) and includes all six of the group's videos to date. A second DVD disc includes backstage material, in-depth interviews with each of the members, gear-talk, live material from the beginning of their career, festivals, old demo songs and tons of pictures.

The "Grammis" awards ceremony will be held on February 7 at Cirkus in Stockholm and will be aired live both on national television (TV4) and radio (P4).

EVERGREY recently signed a new one-album deal with InsideOut Music. The band also participated in the kick-off party for the Sweden Rock Festival at Annexet in Stockholm on December 3, 2005.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 24th, 2006, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Havermout
Focused

Late March/early April........

.....A perfect time of the year for a big and nice release party. It's been a while i've seen the boys on stage and that i visited Sweden
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
jaimek
incorrigible

Henk: ohhh, don't even give me any ideas. I'd thought about going to Sweden LAST spring with my tax return but paid bills instead!

*copies and posts over in PMX2*
Old January 24th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
MetalBanger
The Encounter

Monday Morning Apocalypse: great title!
early april: great date!

Man..I can't wait
Old January 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
DragonOfBlood
Banned

Am I the only one disappointed with the title? It seems like something some pop punk, or shitty emo band, or some shitfest of a nu-metal band would name their album.

Of course I'm not going to let the name of the album keep me from having high hopes for the album, it is still Evergrey after all.

Let's just hope the new album doesn't resemble "The Inner Circle" musically in any way.
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
CampinCarl

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with DragonOfBlood here...that title is crap. Monday Morning Apocolypse? Sounds lame. It really doesn't sound like an Evergrey title...yanno? Sounds too cheesy :-/

I just hope the songs are good.

(Note: IF the production team had anything to do with this, I'm going to assassinate them.)
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

Cool- news. Sounds interesting. I'm gettnig a bit of a RD vibe from the song titles. Good luck to EG and their fans with this one.
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
1Time

Where have there been song titles? I missed them if they're on the site here anywhere....maybe they were mentioned in the past. What are they?

I'm not a huge fan of the title, but I don't hate it. Titles don're really mean anything anyway though.
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Demonspell
cheating the polygraph

I'll agree that it does sound a bit inappropriate for Evergrey, but I'm sure it won't matter too much...it didn't with Recreation Day after all.
"There is a concern that the Internet could be used to commit crimes and that advanced encryption could disguise such activity. However, we do not provide the government with phone jacks outside our homes for unlimited wiretaps. Why, then, should we grant government the Orwellian capability to listen at will and in real time to our communications across the Web?""
-- JOHN ASHCROFT, as a U.S. senator, from his Aug. 12, 1997 op-ed piece in the Washington Times, "Welcoming Big Brother."
Old January 24th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
DragonOfBlood
Banned

Yeah. but Recreation Day is a cool title.
Old January 24th, 2006, 10:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
sknight
Are You Morbid?

Album title=really bad

Hopefully the album will be somewhere there with RD in quality and variety and not with TIC.
Old January 25th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
DragonOfBlood
Banned

Agreed.

The Inner Circle gets boring after multiple listens.
Old January 25th, 2006, 05:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Neveruary
Constant Lurker

Somebody on a board I frequent made mention that the noted release date (April 4) was the same day that Martin Luther King was assassinated.

It's a bit of a stretch, but is that the topic being discussed here for the album?
Old January 25th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
In a State of Paralysis
Junior Mints

I'll reserve judgement until I hear the album, but I also am not feeling the title...nor am I feeling the front page of the site. The Inner Circle theme was sweet.
PS How could anyone say TIC gets boring? In fact it grew more and more interesting and exciting with each listen. Doesn't every Evergrey album though?
Old January 26th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
DragonOfBlood
Banned

How is "The Inner Circle" boring? How about almost every song has the same open E riff chugging over and over again. It's monotonous and boring.

Recreation Day is a completely different song every time the track changes over, it's a great album, just like every other Evergrey album, (except for The Inner Circle, which is average).
Old January 26th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Vansinnesvisor
Michael's greatest fan!

i wish Evergrey brings back to Sven and Patrick, In Search Of Truth is an unique album! and i hope this new cd to be something like In Search Of Truth pt. 2
Old January 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Bergstrumpan

at last...

great title cant wait until 27 mars...
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
peza
Reported Type: INTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neveruary
Somebody on a board I frequent made mention that the noted release date (April 4) was the same day that Martin Luther King was assassinated.

It's a bit of a stretch, but is that the topic being discussed here for the album?
Was he assassinated on a Monday?
Old January 26th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jaen

im excited, but the title sounds like something Dimmu Borgir would come up with...not that there's anything bad with that.
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Neveruary
Constant Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peza
Was he assassinated on a Monday?
The guy who thought of it is thinking he was. Like I said, it's a stretch, but it's an interesting observation.
Old January 26th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
sknight
Are You Morbid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansinnesvisor
i wish Evergrey brings back to Sven and Patrick, In Search Of Truth is an unique album! and i hope this new cd to be something like In Search Of Truth pt. 2
Rikard and Jonas were the best things to happen to EG after Michael and Hank.

It just so happens that TIC was not good. It was good musically, but just boring. I got it as my first EG album, listened to it a few times, put it aside and almost didn't buy any other EG albums because I was afraid they would be boring, too.
Old January 26th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
1Time

It was boring to you. I don't find it boring at all and I've listened through it many many times. It is true that the riffs and general sound of the album is a little simpler than the past albums. This does't equate to less interesting for me, but I can see how it might for some.

Back to the title thing though....I would tend to agree with people who didn't like Recreation Day for a titlle. Thinking about it now is different because I love the album. I got into Evergrey when RD was new, and when I first heard the title I thought it was a little odd sounding. I think it just goes to show the name doesnt indicate how much I'll enjoy the album.

I think they should just put a few samples up to settle it once and for all! Anyone with me on that?
Old January 26th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
In a State of Paralysis
Junior Mints

[quote=DragonOfBlood]How is "The Inner Circle" boring? How about almost every song has the same open E riff chugging over and over again. It's monotonous and boring.QUOTE]

The same open E riff huh. Rethink your guitar dynamics, and yes I do realize that you're exaggerating. There are way too many other elements to the album than just riffage which makes it a very not boring release. To each his own I suppose...
Old January 26th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
sknight
Are You Morbid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Time
It was boring to you. I don't find it boring at all and I've listened through it many many times. It is true that the riffs and general sound of the album is a little simpler than the past albums. This does't equate to less interesting for me, but I can see how it might for some.

Back to the title thing though....I would tend to agree with people who didn't like Recreation Day for a titlle. Thinking about it now is different because I love the album. I got into Evergrey when RD was new, and when I first heard the title I thought it was a little odd sounding. I think it just goes to show the name doesnt indicate how much I'll enjoy the album.

I think they should just put a few samples up to settle it once and for all! Anyone with me on that?
Didn't see me speaking for anyone else, especially you, did I, oh greatness?

Glad you didn't find it boring, stop making like I insulted your mother and enjoy the album, especially since your post means nothing since you acknowledge how it might be boring for some.
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Matt Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOfBlood
Yeah. but Recreation Day is a cool title.
Unless you're a native english speaker It's a good title but it sort of has an accidental double meaning that is rather humorous.

Incidentally I think it's their most diverse (perhaps best) album. TIC is good but not my fav.

I think the only reason the new title sounds in any way "emo" is because of emo bands making so many stupid titles stringing random words together like "My Bleeding Death Pants" or "As I Bleed From Death" they really like prepositional phrases without context. I think if the album's theme is appropriate Monday Morning Apocalypse is a fine title. Looking foreward to the album.

Ps. Hi, I usually lurk in here from time to time and post regularly in other UM forums.