Evile  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > EVILE > EVILE Discussion
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 26th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
D.Ingram
Deadpan Snarker

Ah well

Anywhow, this album should hopefully put a stop to some of the ridiculous statements that've been circulating around.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 26th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Snyde
Morph Manipulator

Well, one thing I can say for sure, In Dreams of Terror is now my absolute favorite Thrash Metal song.

This is one of those albums where if you take anything away it would actually become worse. There is nothing that I find out of place or unappealing. It is excellent. I really don't see the reluctance of most of the reviews I've read (who have only said good things about the album) to give it a perfect 10/10. It wouldn't be hard for me to say this is the best Thrash album I've heard. If not then its definitely in my top 5, right up there with Coma of Souls, Ride The Lightning, Alice in Hell and No More Color.

As far as the band goes, I think this is going to be a turning point. Topping this would be a feat of a godly magnitude.
"Stare into the vaccum. There is no peace and no war, no help to give or to be given. No love. No hate. Only a bloodshot view of torn down bridges and shattered glass. A soulless trek through the valley. A drowning alm tumbling down the river. An outstretched arm, reaching..."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
D.Ingram
Deadpan Snarker

Indeed it would be. But I said that last time around...
Old September 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Caveman Ninja
Thrashist not Fascist

Bit tough to absorb it all in one listen! Gonna take a while to settle. On one listen I particularly like Origin of Oblivion (although Glasgow Shot-Putter's Shepherd's Pie was a better title ) and I enjoyed the whole thing. It's a little more diverse sounding than Infected Nations was, although it seems to retain the dark feel of that album. I like! Look forward to hearing some of this new stuff live.

I'll play two or three tracks on tonight's show!
Old September 26th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Killer From The Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmonkcheeks View Post
Well actually that was Russ..

pwoeoaeighew..............

Hope I get mine tomorrow.
I was including Russ when I said lads- can't possibly forget Russ!
Old September 26th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Sizzleclops
NO KEENAN WHY

My only problem was that I got WAY too hyped for the "solo battle" in Long Live New Flesh. It's like Matt's turning into Max Cavalera... Other than that, this album is fucking incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podgie View Post
Amir Khan? Fuck off. He's a boxer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Merry Christmas all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Ingram View Post
Fuck off, Keenan.
Old September 26th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Keenan
Crippling Self Doubt

I've listened to the non-single tracks from the leak on youtube like four or five times each now (Don't judge me), but I'm not gonna post my opinion until I can hear the thing straight through. My UK pre-order isn't here yet, and not I'm kinda worrying that I might not get it until the BS US release date far too long from now.

I will say one thing however, I fucking love Evile.

"School... What you learn from it... What you REALLY learn from it. Not the nonsense in the book... How the world works. How people interact... Life stuff. You NEED that stuff. It's important."
- Morgan Jones, The Walking Dead #82
Old September 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Chipmonkcheeks
\m/

Quote:
My UK pre-order isn't here yet,
I'm in the UK and mine isn't here.
I got back from Uni and saw a package and went "YES!!!" tore it open and it was a guitar cable i'd ordered :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherdave View Post
I almost listened to St. Anger to numb the pain... almost. But Lulu is truely unforgivable stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhan! View Post
I've got a flag story too...but I'll keep it quiet as it's Trivium related, hahaha.
Old September 26th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
metallica144
Lammendam

problem, Americans?

favourite song? i like them all! except Centurion. maybe that will come later. not a bad song though!

by the way, sorry for the bad quality of the picture it's taken with my phone because my parents took the camera with them on vacation -.-'
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethCR07 View Post
Good luck, my friend...

And there he goes... walking towards death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilematt View Post
HMV exclusive makes me quite proud!! i used to work at HMV, now they stock our albums haha.
Old September 26th, 2011, 05:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
metallica144
Lammendam

oh, and i was wondering...

@3:02 ... is that part of a song that didn't make it onto the record because it doesn't sound familiar.. or am i missing something?
Quote:
Good luck, my friend...

Quote:
HMV exclusive makes me quite proud!! i used to work at HMV, now they stock our albums haha.
Old September 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Nklz
Thrasher

Centurion is my favorite one. Love the chorus.

The whole record is brilliant, i like every song. Musically it is by far their best record but I think that Matt's better vocal performance is on Infected Nations. I think his singing style was more unique there.
Old September 26th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
metallica144
Lammendam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nklz View Post
Centurion is my favorite one. Love the chorus.

The whole record is brilliant, i like every song. Musically it is by far their best record but I think that Matt's better vocal performance is on Infected Nations. I think his singing style was more unique there.
you're joking, right? i'd choose the vocal style on FST above IN any day
Quote:
Good luck, my friend...

Quote:
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Keenan
Crippling Self Doubt

"Hello there Keenan, Unfortunately due to unforeseen production and customs issues there has been slight delay with the Evile Serpent Cult Packs, however we are shipping whatever we can ahead of the arrival of the final pieces and all should be with you by the end of the week. I can only apologise for this situation and hope that everything reaches you as soon as possible."

*Sigh*
Thanks Earache.

"School... What you learn from it... What you REALLY learn from it. Not the nonsense in the book... How the world works. How people interact... Life stuff. You NEED that stuff. It's important."
Old September 26th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
metallica144
Lammendam

that's basically why i never pre-order an album. i've never had it on the day of release. now i walked into a store and i could immediately buy it.
Quote:
Good luck, my friend...

Quote:
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
Kaspr
Bow down to the thrasher!

Sounds like a marvelous album judging by everyone's review! I also received the same message as Keenan :/ I'm still not going to listen to it yet though
Old September 27th, 2011, 01:19 AM   #41 (permalink)
turboasmund

Quote:
"Hello there Keenan, Unfortunately due to unforeseen production and customs issues there has been slight delay with the Evile Serpent Cult Packs, however we are shipping whatever we can ahead of the arrival of the final pieces and all should be with you by the end of the week. I can only apologise for this situation and hope that everything reaches you as soon as possible."

*Sigh*
Thanks Earache.
Hello Asmund,

Unfortunately due to unforeseen production and customs issues there has been slight delay with the Evile Serpent Cult Packs, however we are shipping whatever we can ahead of the arrival of the final pieces and all should be with you by the end of the week. I can only apologise for this situation and hope that everything reaches you as soon as possible.

Fuck.
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #42 (permalink)
Vedicardi
Huge Weeaboo

I got the same email
I can't wait until the end of the week... Come on.
one of the rare times it sucks to be american, right guys
mhnnngh...

I paid $90 I hope you guys don't mind one more illegal download lol I didn't pay the extra $7 for the CD (since it didn't come with anything extra, I'm just going into this assuming there will be a re-release with a DVD/CD! Half joking).

I would vinyl rip but my record player only records at 128kb/s (yeah, I know).

Last edited by Vedicardi : September 27th, 2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #43 (permalink)
Chipmonkcheeks
\m/

Quote:

*Sigh*
Thanks Earache.
I got this too. It also said that mine had been dispatched though.
Wonder if we will get free things?

Quote:
I almost listened to St. Anger to numb the pain... almost. But Lulu is truely unforgivable stuff.

Quote:
I've got a flag story too...but I'll keep it quiet as it's Trivium related, hahaha.
Old September 27th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #44 (permalink)
D.Ingram
Deadpan Snarker

Five Chipmonk's Cheeks
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #45 (permalink)
Chipmonkcheeks
\m/

What the hell is a Chipmonk?

Quote:

Quote:
Old September 27th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #46 (permalink)
DaveGYNWA

Just listened to it, in its entirety, for the first time. All I've got to say is "Wow"
Old September 27th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
Kaspr
Bow down to the thrasher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGYNWA View Post
Just listened to it, in its entirety, for the first time. All I've got to say is "Wow"
I'm sorry for straying off topic but your signature made me 'laugh out loud'!
Old September 27th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #48 (permalink)
Keenan
Crippling Self Doubt

Glad to see I'm not alone in my misery.

Old September 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #49 (permalink)
TheUnnamedOne

I can't get over how good this album is! I can't stop listening to it.
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #50 (permalink)
MetallicSlayerDeth
Staring into your soul...

LONG LIIIIIVE THE NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!