Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > F.O.H.
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

F.O.H. Production tips, techniques, tutorials...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #151 (permalink)
ahjteam
Anssi Tenhunen

w00t w00t, when was this stickied?

http://soundcloud.com/ahjteam/sets/debut-album
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #152 (permalink)
NattyJ.

Holy Necrothread Batman!

I'm wondering if anyone has an editing guide to guitars up here?
I read the lists, and it said the slip editing ones, which are good, but not as in depth as I'd like.

It'd be awesome if someone could show themselves (like with a video screen cap) of their workflow and methods when they personally edit kick\guitars\bass into time together as a unit.
Mostly I'm wondering how others recognize and place their transients. I know how to do it my way, but it's always good to get a different perspective.
(Coming from cubase without PT's Tab to Transient).
Only the strong will survive
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #153 (permalink)
EffigyForgotten
Banned

I'm kind of curious about recording and mixing at home through a laptop...

So i'm a complete noob recording wise and I really don't have any experience at all and I was going to make my own thread asking about this but i saw this thread so I figured I would ask here . Anyways, I know you mic the cab/speaker with whatever mic your using but how does the mic go to my computer and how does it work with whatever recording software I have, (which ones are good for windows?) (and yea I know.. what a idiot doesn't even know this)
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #154 (permalink)
NickL
I'm not here.

I haven't noticed a guide like this so I figured I'd ask. Would anyone be interested in a guide to mix EQ including audio files/examples? Things like getting instruments to lock together, frequency stacks, fixing bad recordings, sibilance, etc. I've been lucky enough to learn a lot of awesome and relatively simple tricks from a former live monitor engineer for Tool (My engineering chops have gone up exponentially since meeting this guy), and I think the info might come in handy to a lot of folks. If enough people want it I'll do it.
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #155 (permalink)
parisowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL View Post
I haven't noticed a guide like this so I figured I'd ask. Would anyone be interested in a guide to mix EQ including audio files/examples? Things like getting instruments to lock together, frequency stacks, fixing bad recordings, sibilance, etc. I've been lucky enough to learn a lot of awesome and relatively simple tricks from a former live monitor engineer for Tool (My engineering chops have gone up exponentially since meeting this guy), and I think the info might come in handy to a lot of folks. If enough people want it I'll do it.
OF COURSE!
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #156 (permalink)
jeremias.b

Plus 1, NickL.
=]
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #157 (permalink)
Sweetnothing
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
YES YES YES YES
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #158 (permalink)
RustyNotes

I would like a tutorial for Memphis May fires snare drum from their album Challanger by Cam (chango studios)
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #159 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Re: All tutorial requests HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNotes View Post
I would like a tutorial for Memphis May fires snare drum from their album Challanger by Cam (chango studios)
You want some fries with that?

http://www.facebook.com/adintra

Weekly Favorites - Currently Listening
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #160 (permalink)
Maamar Huq
Hell Bent for Leather

Old November 4th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #161 (permalink)
Kafka

has anyone seen a tutorial on virtual instruments and making them sound more realistic? like for horns/strings etc. reverbs, chorus, ensembles....if you have could you point me in that direction?
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM   #162 (permalink)
lanky noob

Quote:
+10000000000000

also, I haven't ever seen a tutorial on volume automation, like, when to use it/how much you should use/why you should use it, which would be cool, cause everyone goes on about it but I never bother using it 'cause really, I don't have a clue how to use it properly besides bringing the guitars down a bit when vocals are going on and stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_drummer View Post
No. I believe life is precious, and only ever existed or will ever exist on earth. I also think the earth is only 5000 years old. And I fuck my sister.
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #163 (permalink)
zonerbreem

I'm Trying to Figure out how to sequence fast paced guitar sounds using Shreddage 2 or Prominy V metal(Guitar vst). I'm Referring to the rhythmic "Groove Metal" esque guitar breakdown passages commonly heard in metalcore and deathcore genres.
genres.

"Breakdown of Sanity" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgmLfwOM0w

I'm trying to replicate that fast paced guitar chug that this band uses.