Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > F.O.H.
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

F.O.H. Production tips, techniques, tutorials...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #76 (permalink)
Star Ark

just ordered SD2 with metal foundry off ebay. Only 299 for both, and with the aussie dollar so high it really is only costing me $300. When I worked at Allans it was $599 for the regular version and maye $300 for the uprgrade.

Should get it in a few days
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:52 PM   #77 (permalink)
VeneMorte

Hahaha awesome shit man I didn't know about cutting the Bass at 500Hz that will help me a lot cheers buddy!

www.facebook.com/thekarhugroove
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #78 (permalink)
domingooo

HEy Ola, i've download your preset to use as starting point... and its fantastic.
May i ask you for a TMF preset? I've tried to emulate the sounds of your avatar one using metal foundry (cause i like better the way that the two kicks drums sound in fast grooves) but i'm not so good programing.
I'll be great if you coud share one.

Thanks a Lot!!

sergio
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #79 (permalink)
GearMan2point0
Musician/Engineer

If I use Reaper with Superior Drummer, and use the piano roll, how would I get different velocities and get the bleed if I am just dialing in the hits?
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #80 (permalink)
Uros
Sonic Incision

You can tweak velocities in midi editor in Reaper; amount of bleed you can change from within Superior's interface.
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #81 (permalink)
GearMan2point0
Musician/Engineer

but when say i do a drum beat using piano roll, and then I solo the Over head track will I be able to hear a little of the rest of the kit too? seems like all I would hear is cymbal cymbal cymbal and not hear the bleed from the snare, toms, hi hat....etc.
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:07 PM   #82 (permalink)
TheToddGreen

Okay, i know im late here, but after taking a recording hiatus, i have to relearn a lot of stuff. Found the tutorial helpful, in general. But i really wanted to take a look at the settings you had on your preset but ran into this problem.

when i "load project as combined preset" it says
"You have loaded a project or preset that makes use of a sound library that you do not have installed: SL-DFH"

What does it mean by SL-DFH? I know you were saying you did it on Avatar so we wouldnt have to buy Drumkit From Hell, Metal Foundry, etc... so what is this speaking of and where can i go to get it?

Thanks
Old December 10th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #83 (permalink)
chri55y92k

Can anyone help me, I dont know how to set up bus in Cubase 5 and link superior drummer up so that the drums are double tracked, bit of a n00b if anyone can help me that would be appreciated